• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb15| Giraffes are awesome, I love giraffes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

You can add friends? What does that even do?

Yes you can, but it doesn't do much on GAF. Friends are part of the vbulletin architecture and maybe on other forums there's more a use to them, but here it's just a quick way to get to their profile page (and easier to send pms) I guess.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The arc that focuses on Shikamaru is also the best arc in the series. Coincidence? I don't think so.

The best arcs of the series have significant amount of Shika in them. It's the one true sign that Naruto is going to git gud. Jiriaya is also a good sign but not quite as good.

LOLDSFAN

more importantly, shikamaru is in the next episode of naruto

tumblr_mo15xb77qX1ri2cu0o1_500.gif

Soulflarz

Banned
Yes you can, but it doesn't do much on GAF. Friends are part of the vbulletin architecture and maybe on other forums there's more a use to them, but here it's just a quick way to get to their profile page (and easier to send pms) I guess.

Wait, really? I thought add to contacts...what
I mean...I guess now that you point it out...

edit: I have requested your friendship (weird wording lol)

Just watched the first episode of Kill la Kill. I enjoyed it a lot. The visual style was something that I got used to pretty much before the first break. I'm on board.

Edit:

Two voices sound familiar.

Soulflarz

Banned
Just watched the first episode of Kill la Kill. I enjoyed it a lot. The visual style was something that I got used to pretty much before the first break. I'm on board.

Edit:

Two voices sound familiar.

Uh- in terms for people who havent seen KLK/dont know their VAs
The big dude is Patrick Seitz, who you may know from voicing the guy my profile picture is from, voicing Franky in One Piece, or voicing the evil-ish guy in Blue Exorcist who I forget, maybe he had a missing eye.

Christine Marie Cabanos is Mako, who is also known as MoeBlob from Blue Exorcist, whos name I also forget. Sells medicine or something. She sounds very similar to Cristina Vee, to the point where they can effectively mimic each other. You may be mixing those two up.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
SO like, watched the first episode of Assassination Classroom.

Was not aware the the main character is a dude.
Yeah, they've joked about that a few times in the manga. One chapter, they go swimming & some of the characters are like "Oh hey, you ARE a guy!"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd kind of want to say the anime almost makes it ambiguous as well considering the voice, but considering I already know he's male, hard to say.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The first step of AssClass Initiation: Is he the lead a boy or a girl?
Nagisa is a boy, but the ambiguity has been lampshaded in the series itself.
Manga spoilers
Though his feminine appearance takes a dark turn when you meet his mom

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so are we thinking people said "fuck Shippuden" when they finally reached Sasuke and nothing fucking happened? Because usually ratings for that show are WAY better.

bigkrev

The first step of AssClass Initiation: Is he the lead a boy or a girl?
Nagisa is a boy, but the ambiguity has been lampshaded in the series itself.
Manga spoilers
Though his feminine appearance takes a dark turn when you meet his mom

One of the worst things about Viz's translation of the series is the use of Gendered pronouns right from the start to make it obvious. As gendered pronouns don't exist in japanese, the original scanlations never made it clear what his gender was

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
One of the worst things about Viz's translation of the series is the use of Gendered pronouns right from the start to make it obvious. As gendered pronouns don't exist in japanese, the original scanlations never made it clear what his gender was
Didn't Funimation has this same issue with Crona in Soul Eater?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, to quote, "Crona is presented throughout the series as having an ambiguous sex, and although hints are given to identify the gender in both the anime and manga, nothing has ever stated it exactly." & "In the English dub of the anime, male pronouns are used to refer to Crona, but this does not mean Crona is male. Funimation admitted that he/she had to settle with this rule because he/she felt that "it" would have been insulting to Crona as a character. The same rule applies to the Yen Press translation of the manga."

Even the mangaka himself doesn't know Crona's gender, as he hasn't settled on one yet.

Grexeno

so are we thinking people said "fuck Shippuden" when they finally reached Sasuke and nothing fucking happened? Because usually ratings for that show are WAY better.
We don't know WHAT is up with Shippuden. The ratings for the next few weeks will shed some light on it.

LOLDSFAN

Lol I have a funny story.

Where I work I take phone calls and this one girl called and I was verifying some information. I usually do the phonetic alphabet thing because it can be hard to hear letters.

After I read it out she was like "Oh it's not f, it's s as in uh... uh... as in Super Saiyan." After a couple of seconds I heard her say under her breath, "I'm such a dork."'

In retrospect I should have been like ayyyye gurl how about you and me watch DBZ together on Saturday at my place. Ino some cool guys we can chat with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom