• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb15| Giraffes are awesome, I love giraffes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

Guys, please don't buy a PS TV. It's a terrible product. I love the Vita, and I returned my PS TV the day after buying it. Games look like hot garbage on it, and if you want to use your Vita's memory card (to continue a game you were playing on the go, for example), it breaks all the folders... which, when you have a 64 gb card with 70 some applications installed, is a nightmare.

Jarate

Banned
Guys, please don't buy a PS TV. It's a terrible product. I love the Vita, and I returned my PS TV the day after buying it. Games look like hot garbage on it, and if you want to use your Vita's memory card (to continue a game you were playing on the go, for example), it breaks all the folders... which, when you have a 64 gb card with 70 some applications installed, is a nightmare.

I started to use folders, and the got lazy and stopped using them

honestly, I just want one for a few games that I want to play. FF4 is one of them, and also the ability to play some games on a not awful controller is appealing to me. (the vita sticks are absolute shit)

$50 to play Person 4 Golden, Tales of Hearts R, and the Danganronpa series sounds like a good deal to me. I buy physical copies of games so memory isn't an issue.

Remember when this was supposed to be the "Ouya Killer"? Did it even reach such an illustrious position?

bigkrev

PROTIP: $135 Buy it Now is not a high enough price if you want to sell your Majora's Mask CE. Mine sold in 10 minutes. Should have added another 10 bucks to the price

LOLDSFAN

I forgot to do an Ino Fact today, but honestly there weren't that many good ones left that didn't have spoilers.

Tomorrow's will be good though.

ckohler

I forgot to do an Ino Fact today, but honestly there weren't that many good ones left that didn't have spoilers.

Tomorrow's will be good though.

I for one commend your dedication and determination to Ino. I noticed you were changing your avatar daily.

Ino sucks and is useless. She has a lame ability and plays little to no role in the story from what I have seen thus far. As far as I'm aware she only exists to compete with Sakura for Sasuke's affection. That sure is going great for both of them.

Jarate

Banned
Were you able to pick up a pstv Gucci?

Also, Ino is only useless in the show because kishi cant write characters worth shit. Her powers are pretty broken

LOLDSFAN

I for one commend your dedication and determination to Ino. I noticed you were changing your avatar daily.

Woo glad someone appreciated the Ino love. <3

Ino sucks and is useless. She has a lame ability and plays little to no role in the story from what I have seen thus far. As far as I'm aware she only exists to compete with Sakura for Sasuke's affection. That sure is going great for both of them.

Ino stopped competing for Sasuke the moment her and Sakura fought during the Chunin Exams. Not to say she doesn't have residual feelings for him but it's inaccurate to say that's the only reason she exists.

She actually plays an important part during
the Fourth Great Ninja War.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
She actually becomes much much more important way way later in late game and her powers are probably the most useful jutsu through that particular arc.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Anyone who got a Vita today should check out the Flash Sale. Monster Monpiece for $9, Guilty Gear for $3.
Still deciding on GGXXAC+R since I'd rather get PS3 for the controls & with how limited my budget is, I'd rather use the money towards Xrd.

Not really into card games, so I'd need some convincing on Monster Monpiece....aside from monstermonpiecegameplay.gif.

Still need to play Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory that I got for $10 from another flash sale, so not sure if I should get Re;birth 1.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=991814

This is probably bad news in terms of gettin more shows simul dubbed on Toonami, right?
Not sure. Some of the shows look like they could fit, but the later stuff probably wouldn't fit as well.

Considering how well Space Dandy did, maybe Funimation might still be up for it?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Took me a while to realize stuff like Assassination Classroom & Death Parade were getting dubbed. Thought it was just the shows listed later. It'll be interesting to see how some of the Assassination Classroom jokes get translated.

Kind of wonder if I should stop Death Parade since I wouldn't mind watching it dubbed, but I'd also like to keep the element of suspense & surprise when watching it.

Seda

Sounds like the Space Dandy experiment followed by the preliminary simul-dub-casts have been pretty successful for them.

Crocodile

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=991814

This is probably bad news in terms of gettin more shows simul dubbed on Toonami, right?

I mean Toonami still means tons more exposure than this could ever hope to achieve. I'd also argue that getting the rights and becoming more adept at dubbing anime so quickly would facilitate more simul-dubs like Dandy in the future.

I'm glad Death Parade is getting dub, I've been enjoying that show a lot.

I dunno, it seems pretty faithful to the source material.

HIYO!

I know nothing about the manga and I only saw the first episode of the anime which didn't leave a particularly strong impression on me :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I feel like some people forget about the earlier chapters for longer running stuff when it finally gets an anime adaptation & starts from the beginning. I kind of forgot how completely different Medaka Box was early on compared to later when it went full-on shonen battles when I finished the manga & went to watch it on Crunchyroll (& of course Gainax stopped RIGHT BEFORE THE SERIES STARTED REALLY GETTING GOOD).

If I recall, AC takes some time before there's a decent amount of fighting/actual conflict instead of "look how massively overpowered & fast & broken in a fighting game kind of a way our wacky octopus alien is." Heck, I'm sure there's a good amount of anime where people state that the manga gets more interesting, but the anime stopped before such-&-such arc/battle/this character appears/etc.

Though again, to each their own. Anime tends to be (for a good amount of the time) a promotion to read the manga which tends to be much farther in.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The hilarious thing is that even anime not designed to sell manga (which means its designed to sell merch) still has a policy of massive episode title spoilers/opening spoilers. Gundam being the chief example.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think I'm more perplexed by manga that comes AFTER the anime. Samurai Champloo (I was so mad/disappointed after learning it was TWO volumes long), those two short Cowboy Bebop ones, Gurren Lagann (which feels so copy & paste), I guess FLCL.

Though sometimes you get interesting stuff like "alternate" versions of things (Eva Angelic Days) or side-stories & what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom