• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.
DBZ has a lot of problems, but those problems make me laugh, and they're not the type of problems that ruin the show for me.

Yeah I don't really even feel capable of criticizing Dragon Ball. I'm biased and too attached, whenever dumb shit happens I'm like "Yeah alright"

Puruzi

Banned
I'm not exactly criticizing Z at all, just annoyed at what it is

DB and DBZ are wildly different, and I like DB more

I used to prowl geocities as a kid trying to make sense of DB/DBZ power levels.

i dont remember what forum it was but i did the same and played a fuckton of DBZ custom games on WarCraft III. DBZ All Sagas and DBZ Tribute are actually the best DBZ games

same

Mizerman

I really need to watch DB again.

I used to prowl geocities as a kid trying to make sense of DB/DBZ power levels.

You'll have to employ Reed Richards' level of comic book science to gauge the power levels in DBZ. And even then...

Line_HTX

I feel ya, towards the end I started getting really annoyed too. I still don't know how I finished it.

I've yet to start on Super and I'm not going to any time soon. I'll watch it eventually, but I want it localized.

Are y'all forgetting Samurai Champloo is on the block?

No because Champloo is the #1.

I love the DB and One Piece manga but the shows vary in quality and I actively dislike most of the One Piece anime. They suffer from having something to compare them to for me.

Don't care about everything else on the block.

Line_HTX

Toonami needs some shorts. They could put Please Tell Me, Galko-chan on it. It's totally like one of those Adult Swim 15 minute shits.

So....ERASED might be on the verge of completely shitting the bed.

Which sucks, because it was the one winter show I was completely invested in.

Seda

I once download a DBZ RPG fangame sometime back in like ... ~2004? It was hilariously tough, I remember it started out with training Gohan in the hyperbolic time chamber against these imp/demon things that tear you apart. It was also super glitchy in that once I beat Krillin I got Super Saiyin Vegeta on my team.

One of the areas also used the Gerudo Valley theme, it was amusing.

Line_HTX

So....ERASED might be on the verge of completely shitting the bed.

Which sucks, because it was the one winter show I was completely invested in.

Duckroll's word is Law. It is NOT completely shitting the bed. Quit panicking.

:p

To be fair, I haven't been this worked up emotionally over an anime in years, even though the latest episode wasn't that good.

Uh, no it isn't.

That last episode was a pretty significant step down in quality for me.

That and I think
returning to the present is lame. I don't care about anything in the present, and most of the characters in the present aren't as interesting as the ones in the past. (Yes, I'm sure we're gonna run into the characters from the past all grown up, but still.)

I also liked the general setting in the past more. The constant cold weather actually added a bit to the characters, the fact that they frequently seemed cold made them feel vulnerable. A nice little touch.

Grexeno

That last episode was a pretty significant step down in quality for me.

That and I think
returning to the present is lame. I don't care about anything in the present, and most of the characters in the present aren't as interesting as the ones in the past. (Yes, I'm sure we're gonna run into the characters from the past all grown up, but still.)

I also liked the general setting in the past more. The constant cold weather actually added a bit to the characters, the fact that they frequently seemed cold made them feel vulnerable. A nice little touch.
It is incredibly obvious that he will return to the past (and undo the future that is Aku.)

It is incredibly obvious that he will return to the past (and undo the future that is Aku.)

AW MAN, AUK BEING THE MAIN VILLAIN WOULD BE HYPE!

Also, everyone knows that Bulbasaur is the best starter. (Grass types unite!)

Treecko is also pretty good.

Squirtle's middle evolution is weird.
250px-008Wartortle.png

Wartortle has a sick fluffy tail, and stylish fluffy ears, and he loses them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Toonami needs some shorts. They could put Please Tell Me, Galko-chan on it. It's totally like one of those Adult Swim 15 minute shits.
Everyone would be comparing their eyebrows if that actually aired.....&/or if it got dubbed.

Line_HTX

TUSR and I are both emotionally damaged from Erased, though TUSR is even more broken than I am.

I thought of the emotional points of Steins;Gate and
Kara no Shoujo (NSFW)
for a brief moment.

Apparently Rise of the Tomb Raider sold over a million units by 2016.

The original game sold three million copies in its first month.

I imagine/hope it will eventually sell well though, since it apparently fixes a lot of the problems with the first game.

Releasing that game on the same day as Fallout 4 was fucking dumb.

Tenumi

Banned

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"It had girls, and I liked that" - Random 13-to-35 year Old Heterosexual Male

Also oh god, was visiting my local used game/dvd store & they had Love Hina Again for $30, the Xmas movie for $20, & then Spring Movie for $16. Like holy crap, those feel rather expensive, especially if you want all 3 (despite it's buy 2 get 1 free on everything in the store).

....they also had Cubivore for $100. That apparently is on the cheaper end, according to the internet.

Edit: WTF at these "Best of Anime" figures, featuring characters which we've seen on Toonami:

tSV0xzM.jpg

Doesn't help "Season 2" (all of whom were on Toonami or Adult Swim) don't look much better....

bestofanime2a.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom