• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
YqERIUA.jpg
date

Regiruler

I'm not sure how this is described as not focusing a lot on character movement. The moments of actual swordplay in both are rather similar; the main difference between the two, apart from the wide gap in animation quality, is that SAO lacks the constant lunging attacks that Akame ga Kill uses as a shortcut to make it seem powerful and impactful. I don't think powers and environmental stuff are required to craft a good action scene, either, since plenty of stuff gets by just fine on just choreography and camera work. And frankly I don't see where the buildup to Esdeath vs. Akame is supposed to be compared to SAO, either, since Esdeath only just showed up and then they decided to fight almost immediately afterwards.
I was talking in generality regarding SAO's use of skips to demonstrate why I dislike it more for different reasons than most everyone else.

What I am talking about regarding "movement/dynamics" and all that bullcrap can be summarized by the portion of the fight where akame is sent upwards, and has to construct an improvise defense with just her sword. This is a changed ruleset from the ground where she could just use her speed to avoid attacks, and that change serves to keep portions of the fight unique and interesting.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
ne5W0MU.gif

Speaking of which this period of TOONAMI hate has coincided with the least amount of Smallberries JR. voice acting on the block. Coincidence? I think not. Kirito was the guardian of our good will and cheer.

bigkrev

I played 10 minutes of the SAO game on PS4 that was on sale for $5 a few weeks ago and decided I never have to play it again.

Hope the VR version is just like that so I can continue to ignore it

I was talking in generality regarding SAO's use of skips to demonstrate why I dislike it more for different reasons than most everyone else.

What I am talking about regarding "movement/dynamics" and all that bullcrap can be summarized by the portion of the fight where akame is sent upwards, and has to construct an improvise defense with just her sword. This is a changed ruleset from the ground where she could just use her speed to avoid attacks, and that change serves to keep portions of the fight unique and interesting.

I guess I don't really see the difference; that just seems like a more overt type of movement to me, and it doesn't even really encompass the majority of the fight.

Regiruler

I guess I don't really see the difference; that just seems like a more overt type of movement to me, and it doesn't even really encompass the majority of the fight.
Agree to disagree I suppose.

And who is willing to go back in time to prevent the nightmare that is SAO before the spreading is complete.

Jarate

Banned
When are we going to get a Fist of the North Star live action Hollywood blockbuster (I've actually had an idea for a script, but have been way too lazy to do anything with it)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*goes to find cover of 1995 American film, finds it was straight-to-video*

Wow, didn't know it didn't show in theaters.

I feel like Death Note, if handled very carefully, COULD work in live-action (but then again, I haven't seen any of the live-action Japanese films), but I don't know how to feel about it being PG-13 vs. R when you could consider the fact the ways certain people die would change the rating. But then again, it was more of the thrill of "is Light going to get caught?" & "how is he going to get away with writing down names in the book?" compared to "how is this person going to die?" for the most part, save for a few key characters.

*walks into elevator in Fallout, sees Preston is standing just outside it*

Not this shit again.

*walks out, tries to push him in, orders him to stop, then follow, nothing is working*

Alright, you're gonna jump down once I take the elevator aren't you?

*takes elevator, watches as Preston jumps 90 feet to critically injure himself*

Goddammit.

Jarate

Banned
Apparently my gf saw the live action film as a child and it scarred her growing up lol

Idk if she cannwatch it without being spooked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom