• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

The fact that he still works for the Empire despite literally everything in the world pointing to them being omni-evil, makes him so stupid he's evil.

Pretty much. He has a functioning brain, he can see what's going on around him. He doesn't get to play innocent. At least Bols (and it seems Angel dude) have some sense of self-awareness.

Mizerman

Heh. Yeah, Bols wasn't deluded enough to believe that what he was doing was right and knew that there were going to be consequences in his path.

At least Wave finally left the Empire along with Kurome in the manga.

ckohler

Captain Puzzle will destroy Cell, assassinate Santa, broker peace with the parasytes, find the samurai who smells of sunflowers, rescue Sasuke, defeat the life fibers, AND be King of the Pirates.

So here's a random thought, how do you go from this:

latest

to this

You should be able to figure what "this" is by looking at them.

Why yes my mind currently is in a gutter right now.

Line_HTX

*hums Bebop Music* I had to squeeze FatFuu in there somewhere, lol. Her metabolism is nuts, gaining no weight while eating, dumping all of it around her body after losing, and being skinny 10 minutes later!

If I saw the Dutch man at an anime con, I'd wonder if he was cosplaying, or just being himself...

I liked they way they said "FIYA!", heh. I don't think the Platinum stuff stuck with me as much, but I think part of that is because, being a guy with sisters, I was more distracted by how I'd never want to get into many of the questionable situations he fell into with his sisters, with my own, lol.

I swear no one who writes Sis-com situations must actually HAVE sisters.

Not to mention the understanding of Video game leveling, Justice Girls use of crazy near sci-fi like weapons, etc.

Basically, the lore is as poorly put together as the story: they include elements from whatever the creator finds cool, without any attempt to explain how these things exist in apparently medieval Japaurope.

I get the Ballad of Fallen Angels part now, haha. In and out into another dimension within a matter of minutes!

I try to never think of any of that, and I tell myself that ANY of those situations will never ever happen in real life. I think of it as a barrier and am glad that that weird shit is kept in there. Not to say I'm okay with it because it's still bad regardless, but it's thankfully not a part of reality, lol. Ane yes, I think the same way too. I highly doubt a lot of the authors or writers don't have sisters.

The setting and everything about it is full of shit. I'm only enjoying it for the lolz and not really taking it seriously. The author of this is flat out bad at making seemingly everything believable. At least I got to enjoy Esdeath for what she is though.

to this

Speaking of which, your gutter is affecting me in a lot of ways.

Crocodile

to this

Even in a non-snarky, non-perverted way I'd say this was an improvement. The original art-style seems lacking (no not in that way, in general).

Going to a Super Bowl party, but only for the food and mingling. I could care very, very, very less about the Panthers and Broncos.

I wish I had a Super Bowl party to go to. I'll be in the library for most of this evening working on a presentation I have to give at the end of the week :/

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Year of Sanji is going to continue unabated. I expect the next TOONAMI show to have Eric Vale in a lead spot.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Captain Puzzle will destroy Cell, assassinate Santa, broker peace with the parasytes, find the samurai who smells of sunflowers, rescue Sasuke, defeat the life fibers, AND be King of the Pirates.

Being that he was the Sorcerorer Stabber Orphan, and picked up the ability to use light orbs as Tomoya in Clannad... yeah, I could see all this happening. He also hung out with Guin in Guin saga, so he has a LOT of experience. (Dave M.'s character always seem to have short blue/dark colored hair and be some kind of lovable flawed hero.)

to this

The first one reminds me of late 90s / early 2000s visual novel art. The anime one looks better adapted for animation, and I actually think EsDeath works better as a "pretty woman with a maniacal flaw" rather than "kinda plain and normal... so she decided to take up something wicked to stand out!" type of character.

I get the Ballad of Fallen Angels part now, haha. In and out into another dimension within a matter of minutes!

I was waiting for the guy who kidnapped Faye to pop out with her the whole time... "If there is a hell, I bet this is how it smells" ...."...in the rain... IN THE RAIN!" *organ music intensifies*

I try to never think of any of that, and I tell myself that ANY of those situations will never ever happen in real life. I think of it as a barrier and am glad that that weird shit is kept in there. Not to say I'm okay with it because it's still bad regardless, but it's thankfully not a part of reality, lol. Ane yes, I think the same way too. I highly doubt a lot of the authors or writers don't have sisters.

I like how Araragi-kun himself said the whole "the only guys who fantasize about that don't have sister!" thing himself in the first Monogatari anime... and then fell right into the trap as the series went on, lol.

I don't know everything, I just know what I know...

I really appreciate Shaft's ability to put WAY TOO MUCH ANIMATION into the mundane and stupid actions of life.

The setting and everything about it is full of shit. I'm only enjoying it for the lolz and not really taking it seriously. The author of this is flat out bad at making seemingly everything believable. At least I got to enjoy Esdeath for what she is though.

Reminds me of a really well drawn 1.50 DVD series or something, ha. I wouldn't recommend it, but I'd watch it if you put it on, and there are actually worse ways to spend time. As long as something funny or redeemable happens, it's time well wasted.

So, is now back to the past, or was the past what happens when you're actually back on the air? I mean, you lived through it, we're just waiting to see what you did in a time that hasn't happened yet but you've already lived through!

Mizerman

Being that he was the Sorcerorer Stabber Orphan, and picked up the ability to use light orbs as Tomoya in Clannad... yeah, I could see all this happening. He also hung out with Guin in Guin saga, so he has a LOT of experience.

Pfft. That's nothing. Puzzle once overthrew a hopelessly corrupt Empire in two weeks using the most legendary and one of a kind Imperial Arms. He was also Goku's secret teacher and taught him everything he knew.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*sees dad's new 55" 4K HDTV that he got for $550 & how smooth/flowing the quality is*

Ugh, over 5.5 years I've had this 32" that I would love to upgrade to about a 39" or 40". Best deal I can find is a Vizio "43 4K for $425, but it'd be open box.

Jarate

Banned
*sees dad's new 55" 4K HDTV that he got for $550 & how smooth/flowing the quality is*

Ugh, over 5.5 years I've had this 32" that I would love to upgrade to about a 39" or 40". Best deal I can find is a Vizio "43 4K for $425, but it'd be open box.

Wait for Oled bro

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FINE, I'LL CONTINUE TO LIVE IN THE PAST, WITH MY 8-TRACK PLAYERS AND ATARI 2600 AND HOLA HOOP AND I LOVE LUCY AND ROTARY PHONES....

Serious edit: I just measured & I sit about 5 ft. away from my 32" HDTV if I sit at the end of the bed for playing games, or a little over 10 ft. if I lay in bed. I want a bigger TV so I can get a better view for when I'm laying in bed, especially for playing games.

FINE, I'LL CONTINUE TO LIVE IN THE PAST, WITH MY 8-TRACK PLAYERS AND ATARI 2600 AND HOLA HOOP AND I LOVE LUCY AND ROTARY PHONES....

...What's a hola hoop?

You mean a hula hoop?

A hola hoop sounds like what you call your friend when calls you too much.

Soulflarz

Banned
My dad moved
divorce and all
so we bought new TVs.
Logic was 4k so we aren't ditching TVs we buy before I'm out of college.
Logic seemed pretty sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom