• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puruzi

Banned
the manga where girls beat each other up with their asses is getting an anime adaptation and I called it happening

get hype

ckohler

I bought a Sony 2015 4K 3D just last week, actually. I have a collection of 3D Blu-rays so I wanted to keep 3D (yeah, it's probably a dying format) and even though there's very little 4K stuff I figure I might as well future proof my TV. From what I've been reading, 4K Blu-ray players/discs should go on sale this year.

Seda

Blu Ray is still easily the best looking for video out there. It's kinda funny when you get used to HD streaming or HD broadcast or whatever..

And then you see a movie on Blu and how quickly you notice the improved quality. But yeah, physical media and all that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oooooooooooooooooooooooh, so they took the butt battles from DoA Xtreme 2 & turned it into a manga, & then took that to make it an anime? Interesting....

But to get back on topic, I noticed how the framerate looked a lot better when my dad was watching BD movies he rented & how much smoother it looked. Granted, I don't think I could make use of HD channels since only one TV can have it for our Dish, but considering more 4K content is suppose to be coming out, would be nice to have it ready & upgrade from my TV that I got in 2010.

Seda

I wonder if your dad is using flowmotion/autoflow/whatever frame interpolation tech is there

if he is

pls slap him

Soulflarz

Banned
^Blu rays outweigh the fact it's physical
Streaming doesn't hold a candle to physical media.

So who died the most pointless death?

Or...

2nd girl since she was a character, albeit a stupid one.

No one cares about AgK characters, nor do their deaths really do anything in universe.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'll have to check. I'm pretty much the tech person in the family. It definitely isn't the normal 24fps you see on TV, that was for sure. Might be on the BD player I bought him.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I don't watch Parasyte, but Mine's is more pointless for being filler.
Disagree. The anime apparently isn't going back to canon, so she didn't die in "filler", she just died in the show. The fact that it didn't happen like that in the manga is entirely irrelevant at this point. The show is now its own thing.

Parasyte girl's death was more pointless, easily. She had no character arc other than to want Shinichi and make him feel bad when she died. She had a special ability which was literally just to be able to find the main character and follow him around. She died because she accidentally followed the wrong person thinking it was him. Worthless.

Mine actually did some shit, both before in the plot and during the fight which took her life.

Seda

I'll have to check. I'm pretty much the tech person in the family. It definitely isn't the normal 24fps you see on TV, that was for sure. Might be on the BD player I bought him.

If the picture looks like it has a 'soap opera' effect, then you know motion interpolation is set on somewhere.

Some people like it (for sports and stuff) but usually it's best to go with the default refresh rates and not on TV calculated frames.

You may be talking about something else entirely, though.

I hope Unravel is good.

The fact that it's a physics based platformer makes me worry.
Having just played a platformer that were really kinda hampered by its wonky physics, (Ben and Ed.) I sometimes feel adding physics adds little to a good platformer.

Line_HTX

they even cliffhanger it by going, "WILL ANDROID 18 BECOME THE FIRST WOMAN IN HISTORY TO WIN THE WORLD MARTIAL ARTS TOURNAMENT?" and then they come back and don't worry, she'll take a little extra money so the fraud can continue to be a fraud.

Fucking WHY? Why the fuck would she give a shit about Mr. Satan retaining his good publicity? Does she need 20 mil more than she needs 10 mil and the title? If she didn't want the title why did she join the tournament in the first place? The entire point of her character is that she doesn't take shit from anybody! In fact she explicitly outed Trunks and Goten for being frauds and pretending to be Mighty Mask literally ten minutes earlier, and she actually has half a reason to care about those little shits!

I don't know why this is getting on my nerves so much.

I'm assuming you never saw the original series way back when. As I understood it at the time, I think 18 just wanted to have a little fun of her own while getting extra cash. IIRC she said that she does not want any kind of publicity should she actually beat Mr. Satan and be recognized as the new champion. Her thinking was that it would be better if she bribed him of more for Krillin and Marron. I can see why she didn't want attention and would rather spend her energy fighting actual warriors around her strength. It's not like she doesn't take shit from anybody, she was probably thinking what would serve her interests better.

As for your question on females in shounen series, pretty much what other people said. The target audience is teenage boys and they don't think about terrible writing or lame portrayals of female characters. I hate that the writing is like this, and I wish it would change, but it is what it is unfortunately.

Soulflarz secretly LOVES and adores Kirito-chan. :p

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They both...died from severe dehydration.

l3eYQkf.gif

Grexeno

Sanji is my favorite at this point, although I hear he falters mightily basically from where we are on Toonami onwards.
Yeah, he unfortunately starts becoming more of a joke character, which lasts basically until where the manga is RIGHT NOW.

Sanji has some cool moments in
Punk Hazard
but other than that he's mostly delegated to being more of a joke character. Though I'm slacking on One Piece atm and am only up to about
a little more than halfway through dressrosa.

Raxus

Sanji has a few moments but sadly things happen down the line that make it so there aren't that many opportunities for him to shine which I can't get into obviously.

Jarate

Banned
Sanji has some cool moments in
Punk Hazard
but other than that he's mostly delegated to being more of a joke character. Though I'm slacking on One Piece atm and am only up to about
a little more than halfway through dressrosa.

you watching the anime or the manga

Manga is top tier, but with the pacing issues of that arc specifically, that arc is horrid for the anime. I'd suggest switching over ASAP to the manga

Jarate

Banned
Toonami wants YOU to choose the name of the new base.
https://www.facebook.com/Toonami/posts/1561101860847322:0

Even with his issues, Sanji is nowhere near the level of suck that is Puzzle.
I think the thing that im most scared of with regards to YEAR OF THE SANJI is that
if sanji gets his own arc, does that mean every character is going to go get their own arc D: I dont want every character to be special snowflakes with great lineage and bloodlines. That's so non piratey

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The Landsolution.

Because it's their Absolution, BUT ON LAND. And it was a SOLUTION to the ship being blown up.

I think the thing that im most scared of with regards to YEAR OF THE SANJI is that
if sanji gets his own arc, does that mean every character is going to go get their own arc D: I dont want every character to be special snowflakes with great lineage and bloodlines. That's so non piratey

No need to worry about that. Most of the crew has already had their own self-focused arcs before (Arlong Park, Enies Lobby). What's going on with Sanji has been hinted at over hundreds of chapters of the story. There would be no point to go further into further detail for finished backstories like Usopp's or Chopper's.

Raxus

I called it Nee-san~uguu
No need to worry about that. Most of the crew has already had their own self-focused arcs before (Arlong Park, Enies Lobby). What's going on with Sanji has been hinted at over hundreds of chapters of the story. There would be no point to go further into further detail for finished backstories like Usopp's or Chopper's.
Though Sniper Island HAS to happen.

As far as other characters. I am pretty sure Sanji was the final one with an air of mystery since his backstory related more to Zeff than himself. Everyone else has been thoroughly explored and only Luffy and Sanji seem to have a bloodline thing going for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom