• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I should probably try playing ranked Rocket League, huh?

I mean I did once, but I got stomped.

Regiruler

I feel like I should buy rocket league

but my procrastination is already bad enough and I'm still pretty backlogged in XCX

And possibility of NX version
eehhhhhh

Soulflarz

Banned
tbf ranked rocket league-- especially in mid tier silver and higher-- can be hell

I can do silly aerials nowadays so it's not really fair, but yeah, I know it's just borderline frustrating in low ranks to learn the game.

There are difficulty curves, and then there's whatever is left of the rocket league community.
That is to say, it's ridiculous.

TUSR

Banned
tbf ranked rocket league-- especially in mid tier silver and higher-- can be hell

I can do silly aerials nowadays so it's not really fair, but yeah, I know it's just borderline frustrating in low ranks to learn the game.

There are difficulty curves, and then there's whatever is left of the rocket league community.

OSfrog.png

Jarate

Banned
I've won most of the games I've played of Ranked, but meh don't really like playing ranked, people play way more defensive in ranked

Line_HTX

triGiggle

Man God

Non-Canon Member
New characters in the Buu Saga:

Buu, all 12 of him. Dabora. Babadi. Goten. Videl. Kabito, Supreme Kai, the other Kais.

Of those Videl and surprisingly Goten are pretty cool.

can I just say that little Trunks is the fucking worst?

Funi has actually made him more tolerable in a lot of the new material like Xenoverse and BOG.

They need to hurry and release Buu Kai already since it's like their worst kept secret.

I'm also seconding Pig Tails for best Videl.

Jarate

Banned
Buu Saga Spoilers

I like Majin Dabura a lot. Really well designed villain, very Dragon Ball

Videl is probably the best designed female character in Dragonball

I like the fluff with the Kais, although for being supreme diety's they are all very useless

Gohan goes from bitch into Ultimate Gohan who dies with probably the laziest death in all of Dragon Ball

Vegito is amazing, he also dies really poorly

Absorption characters are ridiculous and Buu wins so many fights because of its deus ex powers. Absorption is literally the most powerful technique and is so poorly written in this arc. Which is strange because Cell is perfectly written.

Kid Buu is a great villain, not a big fan of all the other variants.

Majin vegeta was kind of stupid. Wouldve rather him just turn evil because he never came to grips with his life. Like, I can kind of florgive him murdering yamcha and the Z warriors, because he was pretty traumatized by Frieza and I can gaurantee you that Vegeta really wanted immortality because he saw it as his best weapon against Frieza. Him blowing up that stadium is pretty unforgiveable, that is not something you just brush off. He did have a beautiful death though, one of Toriyamas best

SSJ 3 Goku is amazing

Fusion dance was a horrid way to make Goten and Trunks relevant. I hate these 2 assholes, they attacked Mr Popo for no reason

Mr Popo is apparently able to block alll the attacks from 2 super saiyans. Jesus, just shouldve sent him to Namek

Tien was pretty badass again, would love it if he got more attention. He was the only human to really train his heart out while most everyone else stopped training.

Mr Satan was amazing. His VA is also one of the best in the series

The ending fight was so meh. Spirit Bomb finally worked

Moaradin

It's been a while since I've seen Buu saga. I remember liking a lot of it and I like how goofy it gets at times. I'm really interested to see how Buu Kai ends up with the better pacing and dub.

Funimation pls

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Do androids even have taste buds? How would one design something to have the ability of taste when there's so much variety & it differs by person?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I agree with most of that except...

Krillin actually surpasses Tien as the strongest human. He finally does it because he has a much stronger training partner while Tien is basically stuck with a training dummy.

Jarate

Banned
I agree with most of that except...

Krillin actually surpasses Tien as the strongest human. He finally does it because he has a much stronger training partner while Tien is basically stuck with a training dummy.

Dont call Chiatzou a training dummy!

Seda

Do androids even have taste buds? How would one design something to have the ability of taste when there's so much variety & it differs by person?

Very minor spoiler - some Androids are made originally from humans, and some are fully synthetic.

Soulflarz

Banned
I've won most of the games I've played of Ranked, but meh don't really like playing ranked, people play way more defensive in ranked

This is why you have to play creative

As I explain to my friends- your opponents can make next to no real mess ups and still easily lose if they only take uninspired shots- normal shots are very easy to block. Basically, you need to do double touches in air or hit it off the post and fly after it knocking it straight down- great players can't always stop silly shots.

Technically she's a cyborg since Dr. Gero converted her from a human into one which is why she can have a kid with Krillin.

In Japanese the term they use is Jinzōningen which literally means "Artifical Human" and it's used for all the "Androids" including Cell.

For whatever reason when it came over here Funimation used the term Android and it has stuck ever since.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The dub change to android is one I approve of.
I think it leads to a cool reveal in the dub.

Yeah, both 17 and 18 would classify more as cyborgs rather than "Androids."

20 is also technically a cyborg, even though it's literally just Dr. Gero's brain.

Line_HTX

The dub change to android is one I approve of.
I think it leads to a cool reveal in the dub.

20 is also technically a cyborg, even though it's literally just Dr. Gero's brain.

Android sounded really cool as a classification at the time, though technically I agree it should be cyborg.

Cyborg sounds more advanced like Batou.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wish a girl would pat my head.

...................................err.............................................wait.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom