• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I like Dimension W. I think it's a pretty fun show.

That said, the fanservice would make a lot of people here uncomfortable.
The female lead has spent a lot of time naked or in a state of undress in the first five episodes.

I remember reading the first 10 or so chapters of the manga before falling off and I do not remember that.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
It's likely recent (last two years), likely Sentai/Viz/Funimation.
Sentai has nothing left to offer, Viz's stuff is either dubless or wrapped up with Hulu, and Aniplex doesn't have much to offer besides Durarara and Magi.

I agree that it'll probably be something recent and from Funimation. Would fit the right amount of hype we're receiving for this acquisition. That said, I'm not sure what all Funimation has because they've been dubbing a bunch of streaming only series lately. And would those even include broadcast rights?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
You know what I like about the Buu stuff?

how he just fucking murders goddamned everyone. Every. One.

Also I don't remember how Dende got that new job, and are the Dragon Balls not tied to him like they're tied to Kami?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sentai has nothing left to offer, Viz's stuff is either dubless or wrapped up with Hulu, and Aniplex doesn't have much to offer besides Durarara and Magi.

I agree that it'll probably be something recent and from Funimation. Would fit the right amount of hype we're receiving for this acquisition. That said, I'm not sure what all Funimation has because they've been dubbing a bunch of streaming only series lately. And would those even include broadcast rights?

Pretty sure Sentai has a back catalog on par with Funimation and aside from that Food Wars (with edits obviously) and Ushio and Tora are waiting in the wings. Viz is hard to gauge at this point agreed but I think Tiger and Bunny still has a good chance of hitting Toonami since that is dubbed and old enough were it would not be bound by Hulu. Aniplex as you mentioned still has Magi as the obvious candidate but perhaps they might pull a surprise when some of the reclamation they have been doing recently.

The camera really likes to focus on Mira's bottom. To go a bit more in detail.

image.php

Tenumi

Banned
What are all your bets on new shows both pie in the sky and realistically.

Hmm... realistically? Maybe rerun Casshern Sins, or if a entirely new show, something like Log Horizon

Surprise out of nowhere pick? Bodacious Space Pirates (My personal favorite, but probably not actiony enough) or Future Diary (Which would make for such a fun group watch)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hmm... realistically? Maybe rerun Casshern Sins, or if a entirely new show, something like Log Horizon

Surprise out of nowhere pick? Bodacious Space Pirates (My personal favorite, but probably not actiony enough) or Future Diary (Which would make for such a fun group watch)

Bodacious Space Pirates? Sounds like my kind of show...

Seda

I wonder if they are really going to announce a new show on PreFlight (I don't think they've ever revealed anything significant on that podcast) or if it'll show up sometime tomorrow or Friday.

Grexeno

I wonder if they are really going to announce a new show on PreFlight (I don't think they've ever realized anything significant on that podcast) or if it'll show up sometime tomorrow or Friday.
Maybe on Pre-Flight they'll announce a short teaser will air on Saturday.

ANNOUNCEMENT OF ANNOUNCEMENT

Jarate

Banned
I can guarantee that the next show we get will be an animation of some sort

Ive got sources at the top of adult swim for this kind of info

Seda

Everyone is doing the whole announcement for the announcement, it seems.

Not to mention Gill (very quickly and briefly and off-hand) teased this potential announcement of an announcement last week.

Jason: Come back next week and we'll be talking about some other .... bullshit, I dunno.

Gill: No, we have some fun announcements. Next week is gonna be a good one.

Jason: Oh alright, cool.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just have to be careful because if you do it wrong, you make people expect one thing, then they get made because they thought it was gonna be something else which results in a backfire, despite the fact it's kind of their own fault for making the assumption.

.....EXCEPT FOR SQUARE ENIX AND TEASING A DAMN IOS PORT OF WORLD ENDS WITH YOU, THEY KNEW WHAT PEOPLE WERE EXPECTING ARRRGGGHHOHSOHDOFHUOKNO33SF1

Soulflarz

Banned
Kek

:')

TWEWY2 still aint happening, music still is, which means I guess miscommunication could happen, but
I ask a different person every few months :V

Raxus

I wonder if they are really going to announce a new show on PreFlight (I don't think they've ever revealed anything significant on that podcast) or if it'll show up sometime tomorrow or Friday.

Didn't they announce Gurren Lagaan via Pre-Flight?

I bet, if anything, the preflight will be advertising the AgK! finale.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Akame ga Kai: Sisterhood

A retelling focusing on the manga but abridged & more about Akame & Kurome's relationship

Soulflarz

Banned
I need mod powers so I don't get "please wait 15s" when a show is moving fast

No seriously Seda is it possible to kill our cooldown without mod powers :V

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's 60 seconds. Only time it's really annoying is when I want to comment on a scene, but then it says I have 30 seconds left, then by the time I post it, we're on something else.

Soulflarz

Banned
It's 60 seconds. Only time it's really annoying is when I want to comment on a scene, but then it says I have 30 seconds left, then by the time I post it, we're on something else.

I hate when this happens

Because in a lot of these shows, there are periods of 3m of nothing, then two or three things I want to talk about in a min

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Basically, the time limit sucks for watching something live like E3 or a Nintendo Direct or Toonami. Though I get why the limit is there to prevent someone from spamming a ton in other threads.

Raxus

I hate when this happens

Because in a lot of these shows, there are periods of 3m of nothing, then two or three things I want to talk about in a min

Glad I am not the only one that has this problem. The time limit is going to be a bitch this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom