• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That was a major part, but I thought the High School arc was decent.

It was a good change of pace from the constant "We've gotta fight this super strong guy," arcs that DBZ had been having until that point. There was the potential for something cool there, but we had to go straight back to "Goku saves the world" time.

Gohan let Perfect Cell kill his father

also, every single character in Dragon Ball makes horrid decisions all the time.

Gohan's 2 personalities are OH MAN I SURE DO LOVE NATURE AND HATE FIGHTING or FULL SAIYAN and DBZ tried to teach you that both are needed in diffferent situations.

And the only thing that was literally capable of beating Gohan even with 7 years of no training was Buu, who was literally the most powerful creature ever made (until Super canon) and Majin Dabura, the King of Demons who was power boosted by being Majin.
I cut Gohan some slack for letting Cell kill his dad considering Goku did something similar with Freeza, and didn't get punished for it. Not to mention he had a reason for being pissed and irrational.

Your analogy doesn't really work for the 7 years thing, because if Freeza revived after the Cell games instead of the Buu saga they all would be screwed.

Nevertheless, there was plenty of reason to still train.

Gohan definitely was a fuckboy, but he kind of always was one.
That's because he never trains despite being the stronger than Vegeta and Goku at a certain point and he does it twice throughout the series. Which brings us back to the beginning of why I think he deserved to job to Buu.

Jarate

Banned
I cannot stand grandma Goku enough to deal with the Super sub

Ive waited for Half Life 3, no reason that I cant wait for Dragon Ball Super Dub

What is the state of Super now?

Nobody is pissed at it, so it's gotta be decent? I think most people are like me and are waiting for the dub.

Cant wait for it to air on Nick and for us to get Blue Popo again

Moaradin

I liked the 3 episodes of Super I saw.

People seem to really like the new material, but not the movie retreads. It's in completely new territory now so it should go well.

Dragon Ball Super will get better at least story wise once we get out of the stuff the manga spoiled, and head into some new stuff.

The animation on the other hand is a different story being a Toei show in all.....

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Looking at what Videl has become in Super makes my soul burn.

PLEASE NO SUPER SPOILERS

PLEASE GOD DO NOT SPOIL SUPER

im waiting for the dub of Super to come out in 2020 before watching it

Well I haven't seen Super, but she's a woman in Dragon Ball. If she hasn't completely disappeared, she's gotta be a nagging stay-home wife and mother who doesn't do anything but make Gohan go "WELP GOTTA GET BACK TO THE OLD BALL AND CHAIN" and give him the occasional comedy head bruise.

Jarate

Banned
Well I haven't seen Super, but she's a woman in Dragon Ball. If she hasn't completely disappeared, she's gotta be a nagging stay-home wife and mother who doesn't do anything but make Gohan go "WELP GOTTA GET BACK TO THE OLD BALL AND CHAIN" and give him the occasional comedy head bruise.

Bulma was a really good character, Chi-Chi was never important to Dragonball

is there any other Dragonball females?

Dragon Ball Super will get better at least story wise once we get out of the stuff the manga spoiled, and head into some new stuff.

The animation on the other hand is a different story being a Toei show in all.....

Modern Toei is good guys, look what theyve done with One Piece!

Jarate

Banned
I like Super. The new stuff is fun.

Launch and 18. Both do nothing. There is another in Super who is strong and relevant at least.

Lunch wasnt a DBZ character, but she was a fun character in Dragon Ball, and 18 never seemed to be the fighting type to begin with.

IDK, only issue with Dragonball is really the lack of characters, but the series is really heavily based off of Eastern Action films, so it's not too surprising to see it like that

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Bulma was a really good character, Chi-Chi was never important to Dragonball

is there any other Dragonball females?

There's Android 18. There was also Launch from Dragon Ball, though she was literally forgotten and just disappeared from the franchise.

Bulma was a good character, but she was rarely plot relevant post-DB. Usually she's just the one who carries the Dragon Radar, even though she's a legitimate world-class genius. Like how bout you run tech support like an Oracle type character, or come up with some cool high tech weapons for people to use? Maybe make some kind of scanners or something to scan bad guy weaknesses? No? Just gonna hang around so Roshi has somebody to sexually harass, huh? Well, okay.

18 never wanted to fight to begin with. Nothing her character did ever showed she wanted to be a fighter.

World Martial Arts Tournament.

Jarate

Banned
There's Android 18. There was also Launch from Dragon Ball, though she was literally forgotten and just disappeared from the franchise.

Bulma was a good character, but she was rarely plot relevant post-DB. Usually she's just the one who carries the Dragon Radar, even though she's a legitimate world-class genius. Like how bout you run tech support like an Oracle type character, or come up with some cool high tech weapons for people to use? Maybe make some kind of scanners or something to scan bad guy weaknesses? No? Just gonna hang around so Roshi has somebody to sexually harass, huh? Well, okay.

World Martial Arts Tournament.

I think she wanted to Prize Money if I remember correctly?

Crocodile

Videl is Super isn't anywhere near that bad though yeah, she basically turns into a Housewife :(

Bulma in Super does get to actually do stuff but I won't go into that for spoilers

Chi-Chi is as terrible as ever though. If not even worse :(

soooo, dimension W is the only show that hasn't gotten its english cast announcement yet, I think.............

and we know that's getting a broadcast dub.

With that being said, Pre-Flight's tomorrow..............
SPECULATE!

That new PowerPuff Girls show looks very bland and personality-less but I guess that's typical of the safe and rout CalArts style. I hope Samurai Jack can retain its original look and visage because THAT was a stylish ass show. Beautiful backgrounds too.

Then again I generally dislike how most animated series look now. The last one I really liked was Motorcity, but Symbionic Titan and Archer are decent as well. I can't stand how Bob's Burgers looks for example, irregardless of how good that show might be.

Edit: Wait, Korra looked pretty good too.

I blame Family Guy for animated series looking soulless now. That show always looked like it was produced in a petri dish for the purpose of creating something with zero visual charisma.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I blame Family Guy for animated series looking soulless now. That show always looked like it was produced in a petri dish for the purpose of creating something with zero visual charisma.

I blame the death of proper action shows, everything has to have that simplified comedy design because nobody knows how to market a toyline anymore.

Did Powerpuff Girls Z even get dubbed? Seems weird it never made its way to Cartoon Network in the US.

It did with edits that vary between being 4Kids tier editing (Rowdybough Boys Pissing on people becomes hosing people with water) and "Did you even read the fucking source material!?" type of editing (Why did you make Snake a female? And why are they called Ivy?).

Oddly enough the dub was done here in Canada, yet we never got it either.

Puruzi

Banned
It really bothers me how most western shows look nowadays

I still don't understand how people can look at Teen Titans Go and think it's a great series with good animation

HOW

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
soooo, dimension W is the only show that hasn't gotten its english cast announcement yet, I think.............

and we know that's getting a broadcast dub.

With that being said, Pre-Flight's tomorrow..............
SPECULATE!

It is a possibility and Dimesion W needs the boost.

tumblr_m4t657Kt8B1qjm61eo3_400.gif

I wonder how My Life as a Teenage Robot as animated by Studio Trigger would be like? A shame we'll likely never see even a continuation or even reboot of MLaaTR because Nickelodeon is shit.

There are other reasons why I don't like Steven Universe and Adventure Time, but one of the big reasons I'm not too hot on either, is that I think both are pretty dull looking.

Raxus

Bright side Bass. You don't have to hear half the Sentai dialogue in AgK!

Seriously, get better soon. Ear infections are the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom