• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I used to get them all the time and they've started making a big comeback in my life hanging around with babies all day.

One of the best possible cures for an ear infection besides a good course of antibiotics is driving a car with a really good heating system, on full blast aimed at your face for like 30 minutes. Dries your sinuses right out and helps the healing. It's all that fluid in your ears that keeps the infection going so long/makes it really painful.

You know what excites me most about the Samurai Jack revival?

...after it finishes they can move on to making a new Toonami American action cartoon that's not attached to a property I don't care about.

Raxus

Speaking of revivals. Can we please pull MegasXLR from the black hole it got sucked into?

It is a show tailor made for ToonamiGAF.

Tenumi

Banned
I don't know why, but Sailor Moon Crystal is popping into my head as an addition. Don't know why, I doubt it is all that likely, all things considered.

Should be interesting if we do indeed get a show announcement tommorow/Saturday

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wish they would deal with whatever rights is preventing Megas XLR from re-airing.

....or having the entire season on DVD/BD.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
soooo, dimension W is the only show that hasn't gotten its english cast announcement yet, I think.............

and we know that's getting a broadcast dub.
With that being said, Pre-Flight's tomorrow..............
SPECULATE!
Yeah, the fact that Funimation has held the dub announcement till now is pretty suspect. Also it's been 5 weeks since it's airing which is the maximum Funimation said it would take them to dub the simulcasts. I wouldn't be surprised if Funimation and Toonami jointly announce Dimension W tomorrow

I wouldn't mind some Sailor Moon on the block.

That way we could all debate and reach the inevitable conclusion that Sailor Mars is the best sailor scout.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hanging out with my old man tonight and Adult Swim just aired a Fire Emblem Fates spot. Expect to see it a few times on TOONAMI for the next few weeks.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I approve of this. Both the Fire Emblem Fates ads and family bonding time.

Well, I do live within walking distance of him and see him and my mom almost every day but yes, I agree.

He's super deaf and almost always falls asleep watching Cartoon Network. It's how I kept up on dubbed Bleach and what AS was airing before TOONAMI's revival, I'd be over here doing whatever before I lived so close and going to the bathroom at night I'd hear AS!

artworks-000146831038-3do66v-t500x500.jpg

Birdman - 28:56
Dragon Ball Z: Cooler's Revenge - 43:31

"We're almost caught up, and this time we discuss the new Justice League cartoon, the gritty Hanna-Barbera comics, that one hot dog pizza at Pizza Hut, the names of Nicholas Sparks novels, and Detective Pikachu. We also review Birdman and continue our Dragon Ball Z series with Cooler's Revenge."

Cooler's Revenge still hovers at about the same level of "okay" as I remember watching on Toonami; it feels like the prototypical DBZ movie with all the good and bad that comes with that. We did end up enjoying it less than Lord Slug, surprisingly, though I think a decent part of that is just down to the more unique environments and bad guys of that movie.

Ranking so far-
Piccolo out of Piccolo:
1. The World's Strongest

Vegeta out of Piccolo:
2. The Dead Zone

Gohan out of Piccolo:
3. Lord Slug
4. Cooler's Revenge

Krillin out of Piccolo:
5. Tree of Might

Yamcha out of Piccolo:
none yet

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pretty much every Nintendo ad not for an explicitly kids game airs on TOONAMI.

Splatoon, Smash, Bayonetta, Bravely Default, Fire Emblem:Awakening. Stuff like that.

Crocodile

That new PowerPuff Girls show looks very bland and personality-less but I guess that's typical of the safe and rout CalArts style. I hope Samurai Jack can retain its original look and visage because THAT was a stylish ass show. Beautiful backgrounds too.

Then again I generally dislike how most animated series look now. The last one I really liked was Motorcity, but Symbionic Titan and Archer are decent as well. I can't stand how Bob's Burgers looks for example, irregardless of how good that show might be.

Edit: Wait, Korra looked pretty good too.

I blame Family Guy for animated series looking soulless now. That show always looked like it was produced in a petri dish for the purpose of creating something with zero visual charisma.

I'd argue sometime like Symbiotic Titan is more than just decent. It had excellent art direction. But yeah, its pretty frustrating. Like there is no question that Western cartoons are on average written better (my opinion of course) but so many of them seem to not even try when it comes to being interesting from a visual/art/animation perspective :/

Did Powerpuff Girls Z even get dubbed? Seems weird it never made its way to Cartoon Network in the US.

I heard the show was pretty bad so I don't think we missed much.

It really bothers me how most western shows look nowadays

I still don't understand how people can look at Teen Titans Go and think it's a great series with good animation

HOW

I dunno about "good animation" (I wouldn't call it out right bad though I struggle to remember a particular animation sequence from it) but yea, its a good show. Sometimes it goes "full retard" and churns out an awful episode but most of the time its very funny.

You can fight me if you disagree!

<3 :p

No it wouldn't

this trigger bad animation meme is getting out of hand

More people have seen and are familiar with KLK (which sometimes just had straight up bad animation or choreography) than say Little Witch Academia (which is like eye sex)

Puruzi

Banned
I dunno about "good animation" (I wouldn't call it out right bad though I struggle to remember a particular animation sequence from it) but yea, its a good show. Sometimes it goes "full retard" and churns out an awful episode but most of the time its very funny.

You can fight me if you disagree!

<3 :p

More people have seen and are familiar with KLK (which sometimes just had straight up bad animation or choreography) than say Little Witch Academia (which is like eye sex)

no

NO

Teen Titans Go is so bad it's actually insane

like any time i'm watching it I really really feel like i'm getting stupider, and not the good kind of stupider

it's horrendous

Also, Kill la Kill has bad animation at times, but fuck if I care, the art and framing more than make up for it imho. Kill la Kill never stopped looking good imo but I'm biased to the style of that show so w/e

Kill la Kill is pretty boring, but they did the best thing anyone could have done and copied the end of Sonic Adevnture 2 so it's k in my book.

Seda

I've caught some scenes from Teen Titans Go (because it seems to be on all the time). Just like most comedy focused shows, there seems to be a lot of dumb humor mixed in with some genuinely amusing antics.The art-style matches the tone of the show, so I guess you could say the animation is fine considering what they were aiming for here (also cheaper).

The success makes sense too. Children can tune in whenever and not have to worry about context or storylines - which is how most western cartoons are going these days.

Seda

So like

in Sonic Adventure 2

the prototype(?) ULTIMATE life form is a lizard

and the final ULTIMATE life form is a hedgehog?

??

???

?_?

So like

in Sonic Adventure 2

the prototype(?) ULTIMATE life form is a lizard

and the final ULTIMATE life form is a hedgehog?

??

???

?_?

Now the ultimate life form is Obama.

Also, speaking of Sonic, when's the next game?

Surely Sega can reboot it again, and dig deeper.

Crocodile

Also, Kill la Kill has bad animation at times, but fuck if I care, the art and framing more than make up for it imho. Kill la Kill never stopped looking good imo but I'm biased to the style of that show so w/e

I do think KLK has a strong sense of style and art direction that helps elevate the production. That doesn't change the effect that frequently it does just straight up have bad animation/choreography (and no I'm not talking about Episode 4 where they used ti to their advantage). Like I, and others, aren't hatin' when we say this - we are just stating facts. Since KLK is the product Trigger is best known for, that's the association they've gotten unfortunately.

Puruzi

Banned
I do think KLK has a strong sense of style and art direction that helps elevate the production. That doesn't change the effect that frequently it does just straight up have bad animation/choreography (and no I'm not talking about Episode 4 where they used ti to their advantage). Like I, and others, aren't hatin' when we say this - we are just stating facts. Since KLK is the product Trigger is best known for, that's the association they've gotten unfortunately.

It also has scenes of really good animation

like most other anime

like i'm not saying it didn't have bad animation quite often, but it's weird to me that it's singled out so much

Good animation doesn't necessary make a fight enjoyable. It can help, but on its own it rarely elevates a typically written fight above average.

Line_HTX

Alright, replacement announcement on Pre-Flight tomorrow with 2 episodes left.

Pretty reasonable time window since the latest announcement was 13 days in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom