• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Dimension W is ok so far. It's super by the numbers and some of the fanservice is jarring for the tone they're trying to go for. Maybe a dub script could put more life into it. I'd be much more excited if we got something like Blood Blockade Battlefront.

I mean, it's still much better than Akame ga Kill.

has Rage of Bahamut gotten a dub yet?

that show was really good to start off with

no dub weirdly enough

Jarate

Banned
Im still assuming that the number 1 choice is Jojo, although im pretty sure that dealing with WB is terrible. Probably why they havent a lot of Superhero Cartoons as well.

But we all know what the next show should be...

MikeMyers

Ca9s2auUMAAMYBg.png:large

I must say, SFV looks pretty good for launch next week, lol
I have that hat.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It won't happen, but I'll laugh even harder if the show they choose is BTOOM!!! considering it's Battle Royale with a gaming nerd (but his l33t gam0rz sk1llz don't actually transfer to real life), but all the weapons are grenades, so tons of explosions to make the Toonami audience happy.

Moaradin

Persona 4 The Animation is probably the best dub they have. Probably because it has most of the cast from the game and they're already comfortable with the roles.

Seda

For all the lol Sentai lol stuff that's posted in here, I would place Parasyte's dub above things like Bleach or Inuyasha.

If Shinichi's VA was a bit less generally awkward at exclamations, I'd even call it good.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Still annoys me that P4 Golden Animation was brought over by Aniplex, & they didn't even bother to dub it.

Also yes, Parasyte's dub is honestly okay for the most part, if not made better after our initial reactions to Sentai via Akame ga Kill. VAs are fine, it's just that once again, they needed a better ADR Director.

Moaradin

The Akame ga Kill dub really does make the Parasyte one sound a lot better. It does help that they got decent amount of good actors that you normally see in a Funimation dub. Shinichi is the main weak link, but he's honestly OK when he's not doing emotional scenes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"We needed a short series, & Sentai kept bugging us to put another of their show, & you guys wouldn't shut up, so Akame is being replaced by HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD."

Dragon Ball Z: Bojack Unbound

maxresdefault.jpg

He like most of the black haired characters hair colour, is Blue Da Ba Dee Da Ba Die

Bojack Unbound is probably a better film than it has business being. It's got a really standard setup, that being a galaxy wide tournament getting upstaged by a group of space ginger pirates. But it's what the movie does with that setup that makes it a decent watch.

It gives time to characters that really don't much love in the movies namely Tien, Mr. Satan and Yamcha even if Yamcha is just there to make a fool of himself (again). On top of all that Goku and Vegeta aren't really in this film. Goku's presence is minimal since he's dead (barring one scene) and Vegeta's sits on his ass for most of the film before getting his ass kicked by Bojack. It was a refreshing change not seeing the day get saved by Goku and Vegeta.

The fights are also pretty decent as well with Tien and Trunks' fight being the best part of the film. Animation is also pretty good though the film has this weird thing about giving black-haired characters a blue tint or in some cases entirely blue.

Just a shame the villains have no personality to speak of. They have no depth and after seeing this, I'm convinced that Zangya and her one line of dialogue is only popular because of her physical appearance.

So yeah Bojack's a decent watch. Next up, the Broly sequels....
help me...

Mizerman

Dragon Ball Z: Bojack Unbound]

Bojack Unbound is probably a better film than it has business being. It's got a really standard setup, that being a galaxy wide tournament getting upstaged by a group of space ginger pirates. But it's what the movie does with that setup that makes it a decent watch.

It gives time to characters that really don't much love in the movies namely Tien, Mr. Satan and Yamcha even if Yamcha is just there to make a fool of himself (again). On top of all that Goku and Vegeta aren't really in this film. Goku's presence is minimal since he's dead (barring one scene) and Vegeta's sits on his ass for most of the film before getting his ass kicked by Bojack. It was a refreshing change not seeing the day get saved by Goku and Vegeta.

The fights are also pretty decent as well with Tien and Trunks' fight being the best part of the film. Animation is also pretty good though the film has this weird thing about giving black-haired characters a blue tint or in some cases entirely blue.

Just a shame the villains have no personality to speak of. They have no depth and after seeing this, I'm convinced that Zangya and her one line of dialogue is only popular because of her physical appearance.

Yeah, that's my main issue with Bojack. He has the look, but no personality to speak of.

Can't wait for TFS to tackle Broly and see how they are gonna portray him. they've been teasing Bojack for years now but we won't be seeing that until after Cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom