• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Funny tag.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Luigi is flat out better in around half the games he's in that have the two not identical.

He's better in both Galaxies, 3D Land, 3D World, Lost Levels and I'd argue SMB 2.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Only SM64 ds would I say luigi is leaps and bounds better because of his back flip -> tornado jump which literally breaks the game

I knew I was forgetting one.

I'd say it's pretty clear in Galaxy 1 that those levels were designed primarily for Mario's jump abilities when you can skip over major obstacles using Luigi.

Lost Levels I find to be almost a Rockman and Bass like scenario with Luigi being Bass. There's only a few times where the skidding is too much for the level design and the rest of the time the superior jump is a godsend.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Monochromacy is real.

Unlike typical red/green color blindness though it is not common.

Apparently the reason red/green is so common is that it is a useful trait in hunting under certain conditions; it allowed people with it to more easily discern certain camouflages.

so, i have to write a research paper about a TV show (or shows) of my choosing that's on Netflix.

this is totally gonna be about Dexter's Laboratory and Samurai Jack.

bigkrev

so, i have to write a research paper about a TV show (or shows) of my choosing that's on Netflix.

this is totally gonna be about Dexter's Laboratory and Samurai Jack.

Is Jersey Shore still on Netflix

No Joke, I wrote a 14 page essay about that first season for my final semester of college. It still remains the most fascinated I have ever been by a single season of TV

Too bad they killed the show by doing multiple seasons a year and not getting new cast members often enough

Is Jersey Shore still on Netflix

No Joke, I wrote a 14 page essay about that first season for my final semester of college. It still remains the most fascinated I have ever been by a single season of TV

Too bad they killed the show by doing multiple seasons a year and not getting new cast members often enough

i'm proud to say i've never watched Jersey Shore.

however, this class ("Criticizing Television") is requiring me to watch an episode of Toddlers and Tiaras so i think i'm losing the war here.

bigkrev

i'm proud to say i've never watched Jersey Shore.

however, this class ("Criticizing Television") is requiring me to watch an episode of Toddlers and Tiaras so i think i'm losing the war here.

Why are you proud?

Jersey Shore was an Excellent TV show. I ended up having emotional attachment to all of the cast members by the end of the first season- that NEVER happens to me.

Add Courage the Cowardly Dog Show. :p

see, that was the original plan but i actually need sources and stuff to back up what i'm saying, and i don't think "Courage is awesome" has a lot of room for that.

Why are you proud?

Jersey Shore was an Excellent TV show. I ended up having emotional attachment to all of the cast members by the end of the first season- that NEVER happens to me.

my sister watching The Real World like a religion has made me hate reality television.

TheChits

Why are you proud?

situation-omg.gif

Agreed. Pauly D and most of the cast were cool as hell. Ronnie and Sam were insufferable though

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
On the one hand, ew, watching T&T. Though it's for a class where you're encouraged to hate on it....hmmm, conflicting feelings...

bigkrev

situation-omg.gif

Agreed. Pauly D and most of the cast were cool as hell. Ronnie and Sam were insufferable though

I really liked the dual personality of Drunk Ronnie and Sober, pussy-whipped Ronnie. Remember when he decides he needs to "feel pain", so he goes and gets a Tattoo on his ribs?

And Sammi was a fascinating heel. She was the ultimate buzzkill, and was constantly passing blame for her shortcomings onto others.

bigkrev

I am 100% serious btw. Cast aside your snark, sit down and watch Season 1 of Jersey Shore, and tell me it isn't a great show.

Hell, just watch the first episode. It will hook you immediately.

And i'm someone who despises reality TV

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jersey Shore is ruined by the later seasons.

Like all reality tv shows it is more staged than reality but at least in the first season the cast didn't act like they were millionaires which they were in the later seasons. It stops being fun when even the actors won't keep up the act.

Amikami

Banned
I'm in the same boat, started watching last spring but got frustrated with the pacing and quit

Yeah, I would wait 2-3 weeks and set myself to watch it in burst. Its how I tend to do most things, toonami being an exception. Think I watched up to episode 10, thought it was good, but I just kinda kept putting it off to watch more. The weeks past and before I knew it, it was over.

It's be kinda cool to marathon it, but then from what I've seen and heard about later parts of the series, it's be a great show for toonami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom