• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMyers

Hmm, lets see if its on Netflix. Is there any reason you personally recommended it to me, or do you just like the series in general?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hmm, lets see if its on Netflix. Is there any reason you personally recommended it to me, or do you just like the series in general?

It used to be on Netflix. No longer. Funimation got rid of a ton of shows from there when they redoubled their webservice.

I'm recommending it to everyone but I know you're up at this hour. I think you'll like it. It's got a lot of the same comedic ideals that Ranma had.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That first one is a two parter near the end of the regular show and I guess the other one is from FINAL ACT.

Also I just finished the one where Miroku gets his wind tunnel nicked.

Edit: Rather be Shippo than Koga.

MikeMyers

That first one is a two parter near the end of the regular show and I guess the other one is from FINAL ACT.

Also I just finished the one where Miroku gets his wind tunnel nicked.

I dont seem to recall that Miroku one, FOREVER WITH LORD SESSHOMARU is actually one of the last episodes of the original anime.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I dont seem to recall that Miroku one, FOREVER WITH LORD SESSHOMARU is actually one of the last episodes of the original anime.

Miroku chases after a beautiful women only to find she's a Mantis demon.

He sucks her up in the wind tunnel but he nicks the sides of the tunnel, so he flies off with his Tanuki friend to go to the old drunk monk dude you always see in Miroku flashbacks. He prepares to fix the wound but is possessed by a demonic snake charmer dude. The gang sensing something is wrong flies around until they find him, saving him at the last moment from just letting his wind tunnel out full bore and killing this giant horde of demons that shows up with the Wind Scar being used by Inuyasha for the first time. Wound is stitched up but he can't use it for awhile.

Pretty important episode really. Sets up a lot of plot points.

MikeMyers

Kagura seems to have the most plot, I'm surprised Miroku didnt try with her.

He also avoided Kikyo, guess he doesn't like graveyard soil smell.

MikeMyers

Sango wins there.

Final Act
Sango actually touches Miroku's backstory in an attempt to make sure it isnt Shippo trolling her

Raxus

You know what show would fit Toonami?

My Little Pony

We will be longing for the days of SAO!

I hate to be THAT guy but MLP isn't really a bad cartoon. In fact it is one of the few shows you can plop your little girl down to watch that you can enjoy yourself.

What makes MLP insufferable is the fans whose lives are ruled by it. Like with anything, taking something to the nth degree is creepy. That, boys and girls, is your old uncle Raxus' wisdom for the day!

I hate to be THAT guy but MLP isn't really a bad cartoon. In fact it is one of the few shows you can plop your little girl down to watch that you can enjoy yourself.

What makes MLP insufferable is the fans whose lives are ruled by it. Like with anything, taking something to the nth degree is creepy. That, boys and girls, is your old uncle Raxus' wisdom for the day!

so, Sonic

Raxus

Poor Sonic fans, they've been abused by Sega for years.

Well if you exclude Generations, Colors, Galaxy, and All Stars Racing Transformed
(technically not a Sonic game but fuck it)
. I think Sonic is getting back on track. Shame it still gets shat on so hard despite obvious strides to improve it. Final Fantasy deserves that shit.
At least they're not Megaman fans...

Thank god for mighty number nine.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bow before Nether Gundam
hurricane-gundam.jpg
e8612be4060eee520cad620292dfc484f2a2f64568a3942ec0bcddb767023e9d.jpg

Well if you exclude Generations, Colors, Galaxy, and All Stars Racing Transformed
(technically not a Sonic game but fuck it)
. I think Sonic is getting back on track. Shame it still gets shat on so hard despite obvious strides to improve it. Final Fantasy deserves that shit.

Thank god for mighty number nine.

Sonic heroes - sonic unleashed night stages were really the only bad stretch of sonic games imo. Sonic colors on have been good and sonic adventure 2 and back were excellent. Even while the main console games were bad some of the handheld titles were good like sonic advance and sonic battle.

Also mcxc

http://sailormoonnews.com/2013/03/11/toonami-is-looking-into-airing-the-new-sailor-moon-anime/

DeMarco already said they were considering it last year, if he responds he'll probably say the same "we're considering it" answer considering from that panel till now we've seen literally zero new footage for the remake

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I should replay Sonic Heroes, but I remember that being....okay. Repetitive considering there was very little variety between each team (aside from Team Treasure Hunting), but I didn't hate it. Decent idea that wasn't fully executed to the best extent. Unleashed had potential had the night stages not felt like they just dragged.....though SCREW Eggmanland. No damn Sonic game should have a level that takes over THIRTY MINUTES to complete....let alone 10.

All I know is I want Sega to make a 3D Classics version of Sonic 3 & Knuckles for the 3DS....though I guess I'd get Sonic 2 3D.

I should replay Sonic Heroes, but I remember that being....okay. Repetitive considering there was very little variety between each team (aside from Team Treasure Hunting), but I didn't hate it. Decent idea that wasn't fully executed to the best extent. Unleashed had potential had the night stages not felt like they just dragged.....though SCREW Eggmanland. No damn Sonic game should have a level that takes over THIRTY MINUTES to complete....let alone 10.

All I know is I want Sega to make a 3D Classics version of Sonic 3 & Knuckles for the 3DS....though I guess I'd get Sonic 2 3D.

Sonic Heroes is a really flawed game that flaws get exposed as you have to replay it over and over to finish. The team mechanics weren't used well at all and the leveling system was completely pointless.

And I just would like a port of the iOS sonic ports + sonic cd iOS to a platform with a proper control stick. So hard to play sonic on ios

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I want Hidden Palace Zone patched into a console port of Sonic 2....or maybe 3D Classics: Sonic 2.

& yeeeessss, One Piece 192 & beginning of 193. So satisfying seeing the final moments happen.

The Lich Lord takes what he desires to from your puny existence, your very life.

I'd go to the shadow realm for ToonamiGAF

Oh a while back I tweeted at him saying "Did you know bringing Final Act to Toonami is the cure for Cancer?" and he replied just saying Strike 1. I'm assuming at 3 he just blocks you.

Haha, classic DeMarco

Also mcxc

http://sailormoonnews.com/2013/03/11/toonami-is-looking-into-airing-the-new-sailor-moon-anime/

DeMarco already said they were considering it last year, if he responds he'll probably say the same "we're considering it" answer considering from that panel till now we've seen literally zero new footage for the remake

Alright, I'll take the L here...for now

bigkrev

I was just joking about MLP. For the most part, fans who are over the age of 12 for that show are BAD PEOPLE who ruin it for everyone else

Oh, lucky. Junior bans are usually permanent.

*checks*

oh, I was the one who banned you, but I felt your post history was good otherwise so I was lenient

/awkward.

I'm crying

I was just joking about MLP. For the most part, fans who are over the age of 12 for that show are BAD PEOPLE who ruin it for everyone else

Anyone who watches cartoons over the age of 4 are man children

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmGEsTPrhwY

bigkrev

I don't know how if I could handle 'bronies' creeping into this thread. Kayos is the only true SAO fan here.

I think it was E3 2 years ago where the edict came down "Pony gifs in non-pony threads = banned". There was a long period before that where GAF was basically being ruined daily by people spamming pony gifs in threads as reactions, then someone asking what they were seeing/pedophile accusations, and then the Pony defense force taking over the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom