• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Complaining about character designs when you're the One Piece mega fan? Uh, alright...Insufferable characters? Lets step back from the bias ledge and explain how they were so awful in depth.

Tell me your immediate emotional response to this picture:

t0BmBHw.png

Also I'd like to point out that that one mod soul has the exact same stupid as fuck hair as Kageroza, except he's wearing a hat.

Yeah that bit made me almost die IRL. It just dragged on and on and on.
It didn't drag on in my opinion, it just took too long to get started. The Bount arc could have been condensed to around 35 episodes but there's a lot of bullshit that goes on at the beginning.

Tell me your immediate emotional response to this picture:

Also I'd like to point out that that one mod soul has the exact same stupid as fuck hair as Kageroza, except he's wearing a hat.

I have no emotional response...it's a picture of cartoon characters I had largely forgotten about until today. I'm still waiting on that explanation as to why they're insufferable outside of 'one guy has dumb hair!'

Complaining about hair is nitpicky, do you rage about DBZ hairstyles? The characters designs look fine to me, not great but not terrible.

I don't give two shits about what you think to be perfectly frank, Schadenfreude. If you don't like the arc or Bleach in general, that's more than fine with me. I've been saying all along that I don't mind people criticizing the show as long as they give it a fair shot instead of going off an opinion formed long ago. It's foolish to assume a show's quality cannot fluctuate.

All I did was call you out for saying the invading army arc is boring and generic but that the bount arc is good. That's stupid and contradictory, they share a lot of things in common. When I've provided evidence you've called it 'shallow'. When I've seen the whole series, refuse to post spoilers and tell you there are more similarities that I can't reveal without ruining future plot developments, you get snarky. You're operating from a position of knowing jack shit about the story.

But what we've seen of the Kageroza arc so far is nothing like the Bount arc. Then for you to call me out for thinking one is good and one is bad by telling me that they eventually become similar is not only silly but a dick move. Now not only have you ruined upcoming events for me and the rest of the thread by telling us of the general direction in which they will go but you've also made yourself look bad. And all for what. Because people don't like a show you like? I try to give Bleach a chance each week. I genuinely enjoy certain moments of the show. But your attitude is souring the whole thing.

But what we've seen of the Kageroza arc so far is nothing like the Bount arc. Then for you to call me out for thinking one is good and one is bad by telling me that they eventually become similar is not only silly but a dick move. Now not only have you ruined upcoming events for me and the rest of the thread by telling us of the general direction in which they will go but you've also made yourself look bad. And all for what. Because people don't like a show you like? I try to give Bleach a chance each week. I genuinely enjoy certain moments of the show. But your attitude is souring the whole thing.

Holy shit yes it is and I literally outlined it a few posts ago. You're not even reading at this point. If you can't possibly comprehend that there are more similarities I cannot reveal without ruining the plot, I don't know what to say besides you're being rediculous.

You have no clue what you're talking about here. And stop trying to play the victim, I've said I don't care what you think about the show and only ask people to give it a fair shake. If someone hates Bleach but went in with an open mindset, that is more than alright with me.

Don't be a sensitive baby just because I'm defending the show, this place isn't an echo chamber.

Holy shit yes it is and I literally outlined it a few posts ago. You're not even reading at this point. If you can't possibly comprehend that there are more similarities I cannot reveal without ruining the plot, I don't know what to say besides you're being rediculous.
That's exactly my point. You're judging my opinion for stuff I haven't seen. Where is the logic in that?

That's exactly my point. You're judging my opinion for stuff I haven't seen. Where is the logic in that?
Because your opinion is straight up foolish. I've provided similarities between the Bount and IA arcs that don't spoil anything but apparently those don't count. I've told you I have seen the whole series and that there are more similarities coming that I cannot reveal without ruining future plot points but you continue to stay entrenched in your (wrong) opinion knowing half the story.

Where is the logic in that?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bleach filler comes in two distinct varieties.

Awful arcs that tend to take way too long.

Ridiculous one offs that are either just ridiculous enough to be entertaining or so awful that they are entertaining to watch in this type of scenario.

Bleach filler comes in two distinct varieties.

Awful arcs that tend to take way too long.

Ridiculous one offs that are either just ridiculous enough to be entertaining or so awful that they are entertaining to watch in this type of scenario.

Bleach really does need the kai treatment like you said last night, if they trimmed the fat the series could be done in 150 episodes or less.

I disagree that the arcs are all awful. SAO is awful, Bleach fluctuates from bad to very good. The pacing can be a grind but there are some real gems.

Because your opinion is straight up foolish. I've provided similarities between the Bount and IA arcs that don't spoil anything but apparently those don't count. I've told you I have seen the whole series and that there are more similarities coming that I cannot reveal without ruining future plot points but you continue to stay entrenched in your (wrong) opinion knowing half the story.

Where is the logic in that?

My opinion that an arc is bad is foolish because eventually it turns out okay even though I've only seen the bad parts so far. That's what you're saying. Even if the arc did eventually turn out to be good (which is still debatable because your standards are extremely different from mine), how does it make sense to call someone out for having an opinion about what they've seen?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
We need to lay off the infighting. We are a team. A team of nine or so weekday warriors. Let's call ourselves Team Nine. We have a bond, a bond that has us talking about Toonami when it's not even on. We can't break these bonds. Now put on your headbands both of you and come back to the thread, which we will call a village.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I get that but when will they start showing subtitles? I heard Attack on Titan was coming next week and I sure hope it's got subtitles.

We need to lay off the infighting. We are a team. A team of nine or so weekday warriors. Let's call ourselves Team Nine. We have a bond, a bond that has us talking about Toonami when it's not even on. We can't break these bonds. Now put on your headbands both of you and come back to the thread, which we will call a village.

Can I be orochimaru

My opinion that an arc is bad is foolish because eventually it turns out okay even though I've only seen the bad parts so far. That's what you're saying. Even if the arc did eventually turn out to be good (which is still debatable because your standards are extremely different from mine), how does it make sense to call someone out for having an opinion about what they've seen?
I was saying your opinion that the Bount and Invading Army arcs aren't similar is wrong. It's weird to say one arc is good but the other sucks when they share so many similarities, that big of a swing in opinion just doesn't make much sense. When you asked how they were similar I provided evidence. When you said that evidence wasn't good enough I told you there's more but I can't talk about it without revealing spoilers.

Jesus Christ.

I was saying your opinion that the Bount and Invading Army arcs aren't similar is wrong. It's weird to say one arc is good but the other sucks when they share so many similarities, that big of a swing in opinion just doesn't make much sense. When you asked how they were similar I provided evidence. When you said that evidence wasn't good enough I told you there's more but I can't talk about it without revealing spoilers.

Jesus Christ.

The evidence you provided in the first place was also stuff that hasn't taken place yet. You mentioned the revenge that he wants when we haven't seen anything about any revenge.

The evidence you provided in the first place was also stuff that hasn't taken place yet. You mentioned the revenge that he wants when we haven't seen anything about any revenge.
Everything I listed has happened, I don't know if you're trolling or just not paying close attention at this point.

Kageroza has created an army of regai and is attacking soul society. Bleach is pretty transparent so I didn't think it would be difficult to figure out why the villain was doing this without holding the viewers hand and saying it. You called this arc generic...well what is the most generic villain motive in anime? Oh yeah, revenge. It's a tiny bit more complicated than that but you'll find out why soon enough.

MikeMyers

Which one is Team 9, Nejis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom