• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh boy I guess it does slow down a bit then. Still a marked improvement though.

Bount Arc did almost as much damage to the Bleach anime that the filler hell did to Naruto.

Kubo kind of screwed the anime team with his arc set up. From the moment ichigo and co go to hueco mundo to the final defeat of aizen there is no great place to put a filler arc, so the anime team just inserted then whole sale wherever they felt like. Really seems to ruin the pacing of the anime when randomly in the middle of major story we jump to something completely irrelevant.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
After watching basically every major shonen's approach to when they catch up to the manga I've come up with a list of my personal preferences.

1. Ideal Solution: Seasons. Just take some damn time off every year. Since you want the product to remain hot I guess you could hire someone else to do an awesome Rock Lee style show...or you can just make sure you end on high notes to keep people coming back. This...never happens.

2. The DBZ five minutes on Namek for half a year. Recaps....the same flashback over and over. DBZ mastered it, One Piece inherited the mantle though even then they still have filler to promote a movie or just a really short stop over between arcs.

3. Short small bursts of filler. I like these a lot especially when they go full on comedy with them. They don't all have to be one offs either. Just make they don't turn into...

4. Long ass filler arcs. I hate these. Even good ones tend to drag on too long and feel hollow compared to the real deal.

5. Don't be bleach. Bleach is the worst combination of 2 through 4.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Don't worry I'll just be playing biggest spider on my big screen tv when you come in :)

Silhouette_of_the_Phantom_Troupe_2011.JPG

Amikami

Banned
Arachnae is pretty dull compared to her sis. I hope we get to see her in action soon, rather than in bed with Asura.

Last part of the sentence sounds so wrong.

Seda

It's only two episodes, and I'm not sure what to make of Space Dandy. Most of it isn't all that 'humorous' to me, but I enjoy it nonetheless. I just enjoy the presentation and hijinks, even if things are non-believable or absurd.

I made gifs.

iXjSJOvHf5tq4.gif
iTNQgUYZVglpz.gif

ifvDSDCy6gmIg.gif

iEfOeGUxo7ijZ.gif

also Dandy had a face in his mouth, lol

iblT9ZJzHKhxfp.gif

Dandy isn't very nice to Meow :(

"Damn cat! You're nothing but a useless, pathetic, free-loading, feline, ..." (something else I can't decipher)

"You're a mangy, mooching, flee-ridden stray!"

"You stupid, useless, ball of fuuuur!"

Do we know why the Gogol fleet is after Dandy?

Seda

I never really attached to the Arachnophobia arc, even when it was still canon. I really enjoyed the show up to when they failed to prevent the kishin's release, but much of the stuff after I didn't enjoy as much. There were a couple of individual episodes that were good though, like the one with Kid in the desert.

That said, I think Medusa is a really strong villain. She's competent, motivated, has clearly thought her goals and plans through, and is simply fiendish at times. How the show introduced and grew Crona as a character was especially well utilized to this effect.

I never really attached to the Arachnophobia arc, even when it was still canon. I really enjoyed the show up to when they failed to prevent the kishin's release, but much of the stuff after I didn't enjoy as much. There were a couple of individual episodes that were good though, like the one with Kid in the desert.

That said, I think Medusa is a really strong villain. She's competent, motivated, has clearly thought her goals and plans through, and is simply fiendish at times. How the show introduced and grew Crona as a character was especially well utilized to this effect.

i think this arc was still pretty good initially, though i do agree it's definitely a step down.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Reading HxH at Bass' behest. Is Gon supposed to be so damn perfect? Dude is apparently amazing at everything.

Don't worry, the entire series is about deconstructing the standard tropes of the genre and/or using them in new and inventive ways. You'll see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLDfDYQm92g

holy TV-MA, Batman!

maybe it's the obvious vagina monsters. though the content rating they give for previews hasn't always been correct

Dandy with that stormtrooper aim.

Raxus

I see. Good. Can't wait to see what juicy character flaws Gon has.

As the series goes on Gon's stubbornness really begins to rear its head as he fights stronger and stronger opponents. If it wasn't for his friends Gon would have been dead long LONG ago. You really start to see this in GI and the CA arcs.

It's more like everyone else is just a thousand times better at certain things. Once the HxH world really gets explored, you realize how insignificant the kid is, at least at first.

Don't worry, the entire series is about deconstructing the standard tropes of the genre and/or using them in new and inventive ways. You'll see.

As the series goes on Gon's stubbornness really begins to rear its head as he fights stronger and stronger opponents. If it wasn't for his friends Gon would have been dead long LONG ago. You really start to see this in GI and the CA arcs.

This is a good decision that you will not regret
You guys are making me all excited.

You should watch the new anime if you haven't already.

Yep :) Your ears will be grateful
I do prefer anime wherever possible. Hrm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom