• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Here's my chance!
band of 7 posed a real threat to team inuyasha, the thing is the band of 7 were humans strong enough to fight on the level of demons like inuyasha and koga, but the thing is they were still humans, so in the end they wouldnt have been able to actually win in the long run unless they planned things out like renkotsu did and basically killed everyone but inuyasha that wouldnt have been revived if it wasent for miyoga
edit: fail kagome!

Seda

The second half of the block is hard to get through now: rerunning Naruto, IGPX, and soon FMA:B (as much as I enjoy it). Clone Wars has a hard time keeping my attention. GitS is probably the show I have most interest in but it's not the best 4:00AM show.

Moaradin

The second half of the block is hard to get through now: rerunning Naruto, IGPX, and soon FMA:B (as much as I enjoy it). Clone Wars has a hard time keeping my attention. GitS is probably the show I have most interest in but it's not the best 4:00AM show.

I almost always check out after SAO now. I find it hard to care about the second half since most of it is old reruns.

LOLDSFAN

What if Pokemon learn their names from their parents.

What if the Seda Pokemon species is closely related to Cubone Pokemon, but Seda Pokemon loose BOTH parents instead of just the mother.

*plays Lavender theme*

FLCL/Naruto/Brotherhood knocked me out last night. at least Samurai Jack will get shuffled in there, so if i get tired i just have to hear LOOOONG AGOOOO IN A DISTANT LAND

Naruto will be fine once we get back to the land of waves fight and chunin exams. Fma is infinitely rereadable and rewatchable. Agree with seda that as great as gits is its a bad 4am show. Igpx is hard rewatch though at least the final s1 race and most of s2 is solid.

I need your reactions to FMA:B!
I wrote them down in real time, here they are

1st Half
- May has some big balls to take on Father alone
- Is Pride breaking down or something? It's weird to see him on the defensive and not being a smug little asshole
- Trap card activated!
- DAMN! May just got bodied in 30 seconds flat. So much for taking on Father alone
- Scar has backup? I don't remember these guys
- THIS FUCKING FIGHT, GOT DAMN! (Scar v Bradley)
- Cocky Ed, you had one job!
- I spoke too soon
- HEADBUTT
- Welp, Father says playtime is over apparently

2nd Half
- Oh shit, herewego.jpg
- Planetary gateway eh?
- GREED FROM OUTTA NOWHERE! Too bad Father thought of everything...
- Welp, everyone's fucked now
- So much death...Jesus Christ this is some heavy shit. Game over man.
- Wait, maybe they're passing out and not dying? I have no idea what's going on right now..
- A titan emerges?
-ARRRGH IT'S OVER ALREADY!?

So many unanswered questions still, this show is spectacular. Too bad OG Naruto literally put me to sleep last night, screw Konahamaru.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
POWER RANKINGS:

One Piece
FLCL
GITS:SAC
Space Dandy
FMA:B
Naruto: Shippuden
Inuyasha
Naruto
Soul Eater
SAO
Bleach
Star Wars: Clone Wars
IGPX

Everything above Clone Wars was great and while boring I enjoyed some of the subtle touches and rather mature approach to a complicated issue.

IGPX meanwhile was the only truly sour note all night. Just a boring episode. If jokes weren't flying like crazy last night I probably would have fallen asleep.

Bleach in particular (despite being so low on the list) was more entertaining than usual.

i still have to finish up this InuYasha episode and Ghost in the Shell, but....

One Piece
Space Dandy
Bleach
Naruto Shippuden
Clone Wars
Sword Art Online
Soul Eater (comeatmebro)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
How is clone wars so low, it was a legit good episode

I really enjoyed everything last night not named IGPX. It's a good episode in a sea of greats and very greats. If this had only been a halfway decent IGPX it would have been one of those rare perfect nights for me.

I really enjoyed everything last night not named IGPX. It's a good episode in a sea of greats and very greats. If this had only been a halfway decent IGPX it would have been one of those rare perfect nights for me.

Funny to hear you say that when I thought most of everything yesterday was ehh minus a few outliers

1. Brotherhood
2. One Piece
3. FLCL
4. GitS
5. Space Dandy
6. Bleach
7. Soul Eater
8. Shippiden
9. SAO
10. Naruto

Brotherhood has reached it's climax and I had a great time watching the episode, scroll up to see my reactions. One Piece had a breaking of bonds and FLCL aired the best episode in the series. GitS was excellent as always. Space Dandy improved over last week (posted my impressions a few pages back) and Bleach was solid. Soul Eater wasn't memorable and everything else was pretty bad. Overall it was a good night until OG Naruto literally put me to sleep, I hate Konahamaru so much.

I don't watch Clone Wars, IGPX or Inuyasha.

MikeMyers

I don't watch Clone Wars, IGPX or Inuyasha.

tumblr_mx9orsSPcg1rp8rbso4_250.gif

Cold-hearted man.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I am generally the most positive person in this thread when it comes to the block so it shouldn't be too surprising.

I also love random Konohamaru episodes and have an open mind when it comes to Clone Wars, only having seen maybe five episodes total before this.

It is dawning on me that soon they'll only be three shows I haven't seen on the block very soon, down from the six it's currently at but I love repeats so that shouldn't be an issue.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My first reaction was "They've made a sequel to the live action Super Mario Bros. movie?" but then again I'm not afraid of spiders.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Trying to look it up just showed me how depressingly far behind the English release of Shippuden is not even counting the fact that Toonami started over. That...is pretty far behind. Hopefully Shippuden does well and sales pick up so they get it done before the heat death of the universe.

Trying to look it up just showed me how depressingly far behind the English release of Shippuden is not even counting the fact that Toonami started over. That...is pretty far behind. Hopefully Shippuden does well and sales pick up so they get it done before the heat death of the universe.

Isn't the dub only 100ish episodes behind the sub?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Isn't the dub only 100ish episodes behind the sub?

120 ish. The problem is they don't really release it fast enough to make up any ground. They basically release 13 or so episodes a quarter...which would put them at about even ground with what the new backlog is every year.

One Piece has more ground to gain but they basically release two-three times that a year.

120 ish. The problem is they don't really release it fast enough to make up any ground. They basically release 13 or so episodes a quarter...which would put them at about even ground with what the new backlog is every year.

One Piece has more ground to gain but they basically release two-three times that a year.

I can't imagine naruto shippuden anime lasting more then another 100ish episodes considering the manga is ending this year and the anime us only 50ish chapters behind the anime. Dub should be finished long before Toonami ever gets close to where the current anime is now

Once Naruto finishes this year it will be much easier for the DVD releases to catch up. I say give it late 2015 to early 2016 for the full series to be available in NA.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Reading back on the dumb Bleach argument from earlier today I think both sides of it had the right idea they just couldn't meet in the middle.

There's more than just superficial relationship between this one and the Bount arc (and, well, every Bleach filler arc also tries to be a re do of SS arc in one way or another and fails miserably at it)

This one kicks the Bount Arcs ass because it has to be shorter. I haven't checked ahead but just going on the general pacing I'd say its at most a third as long. The only thing the Bount Arc seems to have over this is that the dub VA hadn't completely given up yet and it has some of the best openings and endings.

They both seem to have neat set ups marred by horrible execution....but then again it's Bleach and this is a charge you can lay on the whole damn series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom