• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both her and the dark haired sister are implied (or straight out shown?) to be able to sense spirits but to my knowledge nothing is done with either of them. Not that Bleach needs more characters, I'm unsure.
Tatsuki and Karin can sense spirits because they are around Ichigo a lot. His spiritual energy leaks out which can awaken powers within other humans; that's how Chad and Orihime got their skills.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'd watch the adventures of Tatsuki and Orohime fighting crime, solving mysteries.

EDIT: Shouldn't Karin have some from her parentage anyways?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I liked the fight too. Good animation and limited the blahblahblahblahblah that Bleach often throws into the confrontations. Bazooka is still silly of course.

The thing I like about her arm nuke is that is makes no sense for her profession at all, and totally seems like a desperate last-ditch tool. Which is nice, because most of the Bankai's are all all too fitting for each characters outwards personality.

I guess the most extreme form of stealth is to erase all evidence of ever being there... by erasing "there" in the first place.

Best human character is Orihime's friend that Kubo refuses to give some kind of power to. Seriously she didn't instantly melt when confronted by Aizen, the fact Orihime got powers over her is criminal

It's kind of nice that one of the most spiritually-powerful humans is a young female, though. I'd actually love to see Bleach play a bit more with the idea that spiritual powers can be used for something beyond combat. Tatsuki growing to being the same as pre-soul reaper Ichigo isn't a bad deal.

i just kind of assumed everybody was racist against everybody because of the whole "ONLY ONE WILL GET THE ULTIMATE POWER" thing.

Could be that, too. For the sake of SAO's story telling, might just be good to stay with that, ha.

I'd watch the adventures of Tatsuki and Orohime fighting crime, solving mysteries.

EDIT: Shouldn't Karin have some from her parentage anyways?

Sounds like a good filler, I'd watch it! XD Surely, it would to have led to many more

Loituma.gif
-type moments...

Komamura has such a stupid bankai

Was fun to play in the Bleach HTS games, though! I don't dislike it though... Phantom Armor is a classic fantasy thing, and the idea that he can materialize simply parts of it was a nice additional twist. I was actually glad that someone other than Renji has an "overgrown beast" Bankai back in the day, because it seemed really weird that captain-level people just had less impressive Bankai than him...

Jintor

Urban Mysteries Bleach was Best Bleach.

Soul Society was way cooler as some off-screen dimly imagined celestial beuracracy. (Instead it's basically a military dictatorship?)

Azure J

Urban Mysteries Bleach was Best Bleach.

Soul Society was way cooler as some off-screen dimly imagined celestial beuracracy. (Instead it's basically a military dictatorship?)

Maybe it's because YYH is still one of my top 3 favorite shonen ever but I seriously wish if the tone of early Bleach was the focus. Even the "monster of the week" setup was great.

And yeah, Tatsuki was always the best member of Team Humans in Bleach.

bigkrev

No SLI Titans?

smh

If you had said this a month ago, I would have looked at you funny
Now, I know exactly what that means, and feel great shame

Also, the card came with free versions of AC4, Splinter Cell Blacklist, and Batman Arkham Origins

So, I'll probably never play them or anything

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If you had said this a month ago, I would have looked at you funny
Now, I know exactly what that means, and feel great shame

Also, the card came with free versions of AC4, Splinter Cell Blacklist, and Batman Arkham Origins

So, I'll probably never play them or anything

Just promise me you'll never become a person who will pass up a free or cheap pc game of decent pedigree just because "It doesn't have a steam key."

Levyne

Banned
We should all buy that newish steam naruto game of questionable quality and enact battles between characters that won't be introduced on toonami for years

Levyne

Banned
My only experience with UPlay is the Xbox 360 iteration where it's basically Ubi-cheevos for points for some unlocks, which is still better than buying the damn things, and my PC playthough of the newest prince of persia which was a Steam game but still launched Uplay.

bigkrev

We should all buy that newish steam naruto game of questionable quality and enact battles between characters that won't be introduced on toonami for years

....I kinda want to do this. He demo of that game seemed pretty cool, almost like a more restrained Asuras Wraith

My only experience with UPlay is the Xbox 360 iteration where it's basically Ubi-cheevos for points for some unlocks, which is still better than buying the damn things, and my PC playthough of the newest prince of persia which was a Steam game but still launched Uplay.

It's another thing you need to patch and launch if you want to play Ubi games. It's like a shittier version of Origin, which I only have any investment in because of that Humble EA bundle last year.

Seda

So apparently Dandy is only 13 episodes now?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000121-anime-and-manga-other-titles/68324875

I know gamefaqs link but still

I don't have links handy but:

It was announced initially as 13 episodes right? Then when Toonami announced they were airing it, they said 26 episodes within that announcement post on the Tumblr. This statement was eventually removed from that post.

Speculation: If it was just an error, why remove the statement entirely instead of correcting it? Either Toonami simply didn't know how many episodes it really was so they didn't say anything, or they prematurely announced extra episodes.

Also, didn't DeMarco, either on Twitter or Tumblr, indicate that Adult Swim was helping to fund the show?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't have links handy but:

It was announced initially as 13 episodes right? Then when Toonami announced they were airing it, they said 26 episodes within that announcement post on the Tumblr. This statement was eventually removed from that post.

Speculation: If it was just an error, why remove the statement entirely instead of correcting it? Either Toonami simply didn't know how many episodes it really was so they didn't say anything, or they prematurely announced extra episodes.

Also, didn't DeMarco, either on Twitter or Tumblr, indicate that Adult Swim was helping to fund the show?

Yes he did, I seem to remember something about the extra funding bumping it up to 26 instead of the originally planned 13.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The first 30 episodes of Inuyasha are so good and its a shame that the characters really don't advance much again until Final Act throws the switch again. Basically the only thing I have to look forward to are the introductions of the incarnations of Naraku, Koga, RIN, and Inuyasha leveling up his special attack a few more times.

All of the rest of the plot has already been handled and expertly at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom