• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOLDSFAN

Yeah with the high quality of animation they're throwing out there with the first two episodes, I wouldn't mind having 13 now and 13 later. Having 24 or so in one setting might lead to some slumps.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
meh. either way i think we can agree that switching formats didn't result in the huge quality drop that Bleach had post-Soul Society.

Of course.

Bleach wouldn't still be riding on its laurels without SS though, so the change was a good one.

YYH moving on also helped it out with the fans.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Half right.

The manga is boring. The anime is great during that early part. Some really great jokes and some decent acting.

Bleach really didn't need to change how it handled the hueco mundo/fake war arc, it just needed to MASSIVELY cut down the amount of named characters and better pace most of the 1 on 1 fights.

You said it, Bass. A lot of tv show threads on the forum don't do live posting. ToonamiGAF is one of the few.

Which is funny because they get it for big press conferences and for sports, but not for live tv shows. Guess in a day and age where most people watch tv shows on dvr/netflix/youtube/hulu/etc live posting during the first airing doesn't hold much appeal

Which is funny because they get it for big press conferences and for sports, but not for live tv shows. Guess in a day and age where most people watch tv shows on dvr/netflix/youtube/hulu/etc live posting during the first airing doesn't hold much appeal
Now i'm conflicted. The advent of the internet is what has brought us all together but it's also hurting the television we love.

I killed bass guys.

Still laughing lol

For context

pWpGiUG.jpg

xUj6jaS.jpg

MikeMyers

Anyway in my Health Class we were learning about toxic people and were given a list of traits that we had to compare to a fictional character. I compared mine to LORD SESSHOMARU.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Anyway in my Health Class we were learning about toxic people and were given a list of traits that we had to compare to a fictional character. I compared mine to LORD SESSHOMARU.

Damn I had to return for this joke.

Of course you did, he's a poison type. So is Naraku! So is that band of seven guy!

EDIT: One True Pairing is used a lot of different ways.

It's primary use would be a canonical relationship like Inuyasha and Kagome.

It can also be used for a ship that you personally hold above all other possible ships. This is an incorrect use most of the time as these people will just throw any two people together. Calling Kikyo and Sesshy OTP is wrong on so many levels especially considering they have maybe ten lines together the whole show.

It can also be used sarcastically. This of course is the best possible usage of it, especially when you can support it with some heavy out of context proof. Shippo and Naraku, OTP.

HxH got me hooked. Can't stop reading. Also, gourmet hunters? Isn't that the thing from Toriko?

The fact that ship and OTP are even terms in the first place irritate me irrationally.
Don't be such a tsuntsun, Levyne.

You are a man obsessed.

MikeMyers

This was the result.

1.) Do they see the world through a lens of arrogant entitlement and frequently treat people as targets?
Yes for both Sesshomaru and Naraku

2.) Do they lack empathy?
Yes for both

3.) Are they incapable of feeling remorse/guilt and fail to learn from situation to situation?
Yes for both, although Sesshomaru seems to overcome this as the series goes on.

4.) Are they irresponsible and self-destructive, and do they disregard the well-being of others?
Yes for Naraku, debatable for Sesshomaru

5.) Do they thrive on drama and crisis?
Sesshomaru doesn't really see to care. Naraku however loves it.

6.) Do they brag about outsmarting other people?
Sesshomaru not really. Naraku loves this though.

7.) Do they have a pattern of short-term relationship?
Naraku yes, but Sesshomaru and Jaken are always together.

8.) Do they live in a fantasy world, marked by delusion?
Kind of hard to say for a series like this, but I like to imagine so.

So Sesshomaru is somewhat psychopath, while Naraku is pure evil.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I keep getting drawn into MikeMyers web.

Sesshy is pretty chill by the end of regular Inuyasha, to say nothing of FINAL ACT (Bring FINAL ACT to TOONAMI.)

I blame Rin. He does desire a modicum of revenge against Naraku and probably wants to beat his brother one more time but other than that, just wandering around.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Why does this not surprise me at this point?

This was the result.

1.) Do they see the world through a lens of arrogant entitlement and frequently treat people as targets?
Yes for both Sesshomaru and Naraku

2.) Do they lack empathy?
Yes for both

3.) Are they incapable of feeling remorse/guilt and fail to learn from situation to situation?
Yes for both, although Sesshomaru seems to overcome this as the series goes on.

4.) Are they irresponsible and self-destructive, and do they disregard the well-being of others?
Yes for Naraku, debatable for Sesshomaru

5.) Do they thrive on drama and crisis?
Sesshomaru doesn't really see to care. Naraku however loves it.

6.) Do they brag about outsmarting other people?
Sesshomaru not really. Naraku loves this though.

7.) Do they have a pattern of short-term relationship?
Naraku yes, but Sesshomaru and Jaken are always together.

8.) Do they live in a fantasy world, marked by delusion?
Kind of hard to say for a series like this, but I like to imagine so.

So Sesshomaru is somewhat psychopath, while Naraku is pure evil.

This surprises me less. Rin chills him out quite a bit.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I keep getting drawn into MikeMyers web.

Sesshy is pretty chill by the end of regular Inuyasha, to say nothing of FINAL ACT (Bring FINAL ACT to TOONAMI.)

I blame Rin. He does desire a modicum of revenge against Naraku and probably wants to beat his brother one more time but other than that, just wandering around.

Seshomaru is like his dad. At least that's what I got out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom