• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Alot of people love teen/adult gohan including me, I loved the time when he was in school, and I love how videl was tsundere over him, and I cant get over how gohan just look like a skinny kid in his school uniform when he is actually super swole.

That's how he always was; he never won a fight unless someone held his hand.

Which is why the Cell saga was the perfect end to his character arc and the story of DBZ. Buu Saga was just fan wank which did nothing but add stupid power up forms and made Gohan somehow worse then he ever was.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The fact he did FUCKING NOTHING

I don't think he beat a single real foe in the Buu Saga, he even vanishes, gets an uber power up in mystic form, then loses almost instantly
Nobody beats anyone until Goku shows up
I thought he didn't win because japanese kids freaked about Goku no longer being the hero and so Toriyama brought him back.

that's correct.

I know why they brought Goku back, but that's why I say again the story should have ended at the end of the cell saga with a bonus chapter of F Trunks goin back to his time to fight androids/cell

MikeMyers

Buu Saga was just fan wank which did nothing but add stupid power up forms

See, this is how I feel about the Cell arc as well.

-Freeza survived Goku's kamehameha and Namek's explosion and now is a Cyborg?
-Trunks is the son of Vegeta and Bulma who is a SSJ from the future; this is the type of shit I would expect a 13 year old on tumblr to make.
-The Androids are made from limited resources in a cave and yet are stronger than SSJ
-The Androids are entirely dull and do nothing but drive around all day.
-Vegeta makes the same mistake TWICE of letting the villain get away.
-Goku gives Cell a Senzu Bean and watches happily as Gohan gets beaten up.
-Cell helps Gohan get stronger; despite telling Vegeta earlier that Vegeta was an idiot for helping Cell power up.
-Gohan refuses to fight Cell even though he was willing to fight on Namek. This is extremely bad writing to me. The whole point of the Gohan's character arc in the Saiyan arc was to overcome his unwillingness to fight yet nows hes a pussy again?

Also most of the battles here are dull as they are one-sided, and the even battles don't get a proper conclusion (Piccolo Vs 17, 16 Vs Cell, etc.)

Real talk, the writing of Dragon Ball manga got worse when it entered the "Z" era, it was the beginning of characters acting irrationally and fights turning into one sided beat downs.

MikeMyers

I actually really liked the Buu arc until SSJ3 Gotenks didnt kill Super Buu. After that it was ass-pull after ass-pull and a bunch of one-sided beatdowns.

Okay so I'm pretty close to the end of the Tsunade retrieval arc, don't think I have the energy to watch the last 3 episodes tonight (just finished episode 96, 97 is filler and 98-100 are just wrap up). That leaves me with 32 episodes of canon I need to watch to be caught up for Toonami tomorrow night. It's not going to happen so I'll probably just skip ahead and watch the set up to the final arc, the final battle, and the aftermath. The remaining fights I'll just skip because
those characters largely will be irrelevant for most of canon shippuden

Jintor

she was really good during the great saiyaman bullshit adventures and the great tournament arc or whatever. When she cut her hair and gained 500 levels of spunkiness

Normally long hair > short hair, but with Videl she had her hair in that silly end pony tail thing which looked dumb, cutting her hair and just letting it flow was glorious.

MikeMyers

Gohan was basically the Sakura of DBZ. Omnipresent but irrelevant until
Sasori
/Cell, wins that fight with help, then goes back to being irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom