• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Shadow clones, convenient for allowing us to stab our main character in the face but not actually hurt him

I have no idea how naruto isnt scarred and in therapy every week, as stated, he knows exactly what that clone knows after the clone disappears, so everytime a clone has been stabbed, sliced, punched,
burned to death by sasuke
etc. naruto knows how all that feels.

it only really bugs me when they try to play it for drama. Naruto's being all "god dammit, Kabuto" and the audience is all NO SHIT.
It couldn't be helped really. It'd been weirder if Naruto caught on right away. Only Sasuke or Sakura woulda been able figure out quickly.

I just got done with my rewatch and in the filler parts King Kai said Krillin and Yamcha are Plan B if Goku and Vegeta lost; implying they are the stronger than Gohan and Gotenks.

Exactly, filler Yamcha with canon Krillin could take on Buu better then canon Gohan and Gotenks

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So many people in this thread can't appreciate a good DFC SMH
h98147905

Shippuden spoiler.
Sorta. He learns everything his clones learn so if you count learning what something feels like, then yes.

Which while a cool revelation gives me a very big question, why isn't that the
standard for training shinobi? After all despite it's initial status as a "forbidden jutsu" we learn tons of people can use it later on in the series. In addition ninja are trained for war and missions wouldn't a skill that cuts training time in half be a great tool to expidite this process?

Which while a cool revelation gives me a very big question, why isn't that the
standard for training shinobi? After all despite it's initial status as a "forbidden jutsu" we learn tons of people can use it later on in the series. In addition ninja are trained for war and missions wouldn't a skill that cuts training time in half be a great tool to expidite this process?
I guess it wouldn't be as useful for most ninja as they'd only be able to produce a few clones at a time and feel pooped. It'd still help though. Maybe they're just lazy.

foxuzamaki

Made even funnier by the fact that Krillin is apparently the strongest normal human.

and he gets a hot wife, I do like that krillin get's his props of being the strongest, he didnt get there through the lack of trying, was always on the front lines like a bro

hahahahaha. the anime's flashbacks for "SEE THEY REALLY WERE FRIENDS" consisted of four scenes, one of which was Sasuke and Naruto glaring at each other, one was "i wanna fight you", and the other two were part of the same series of events.

MikeMyers

Tien just had one really strong ability, I think Krillin's kienzan/destructo disc is more powerful

Krillin says in the 22nd Budokai that he and Yamcha are around the same power and Tien beat Yamcha. Tien had to at least be stronger in his debut; same with Yajirobe.

Krillin was my favorite character growing up, I was so psyched when he grew hair out because I thought baldness was the only thing holding him back from being a super saiyan badass.

I miss being 11

foxuzamaki

Still even 1 shadow clone would speed up the process 50% and only splits Chakra in half. Really is no reason for it not to be standard practice

cause shadow clones are really meant for cannon fodder, they usually go away if you sneeze on them and its actually the well trained people who can do anything with them like naruto and kakashi.

cause shadow clones are really meant for cannon fodder, they usually go away if you sneeze on them and its actually the well trained people who can do anything with them like naruto kakashi.

Except early on in the series they established there were two kinds of clones, a regular one which is like you said, and a shadow clone which is a physical body that can take a hit and deal a hit. This made sense because Naruto did learn a forbidden jutsu, later on in the series we see people use clones that can take and give a hit despite this being a supposedly hidden jutsu, and almost everyone calls their clones shadow clones like Naruto's at this point in the anime (talking about what I'm watching now in part 1).

MikeMyers

Krillin was my favorite character growing up, I was so psyched when he grew hair out because I thought baldness was the only thing holding him back from being a super saiyan badass.

I miss being 11

I went through the whole series again in 2013; the Cell and Buu arcs havent aged well IMO.

Except Gohan in HS; that is the DBZ version of Inuyasha in the modern world.

I went through the whole series again in 2013; the Cell and Buu arcs havent aged well IMO.

Except Gohan in HS; that is the DBZ version of Inuyasha in the modern world.

Cell Saga had a fantastic ending for the series having Gohan surpass his father and use his spirit to do the ultimate kamehameha (which was never Gohan's main attack Masenko was) to finish Cell once and for all. END series there

Another thing that I thought would be useful is reverse summoning (or regular summoning, I guess) people back to their village. Like if someone needed to get back to the village quickly then they could just be summoned back using the summoning jutsu. No more running for days.

MikeMyers

My main problem with the last two arcs is that the characters just act dumb.

Goku: I could find Gero and prevent him from making Androids.....but no
Piccolo: I could kill Cell instead of just talking...but no
Vegeta: I could kill Cell and not let him become complete...but no
Krillin: I could kill #18 and stop Cell becoming complete....but boner
Androids: I could kill everyone now....but lets drive
Cell: I could kill everyone now...but I'm gonna hold Gohan's hand and let him win

My main problem with the last two arcs is that the characters just act dumb.

Goku: I could find Gero and prevent him from making Androids.....but no
Piccolo: I could kill Cell instead of just talking...but no
Vegeta: I could kill Cell and not let him become complete...but no
Krillin: I could kill #18 and stop Cell becoming complete....but boner
Androids: I could kill everyone now....but lets drive
Cell: I could kill everyone now...but I'm gonna hold Gohan's hand and let him.

You can't really blame Krillin for this

Cell Saga had a fantastic ending for the series having Gohan surpass his father and use his spirit to do the ultimate kamehameha (which was never Gohan's main attack Masenko was) to finish Cell once and for all. END series there
I also wanted Gohan to be the hero of the series. Dude looked cool in high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom