• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's not to say I don't like DRRR, I did like the first arc of the show very much. Baccano is just a lot better and more or less the perfect show for Toonami.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Gangsters on trains and gallons of blood will be enough for them. The show explains itself quite well, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to follow it.

MikeMyers

Aww yiss. Mike, post the gif. You know the one.

tumblr_lhm9h6xTTV1qelfu9o1_500.gif

Mature

Ratings predictions? Ratings predictions.

Space Dandy - 1.2M
Bleach - 1.25M
Shippuden - 1.1M
One Piece - 945K
Soul Eater - 825K
SAO - 730K
FLCL - 650K
Naruto - 685K
Brotherhood - 585K
GitS - 530K
IGPX - 540K
Clone Wars - 640K
Inuyasha - 700K
This seems like a sound prediction, though I'm always hoping for higher Space Dandy numbers.

pirata

The ideal solution for Baccano would be to air the first two episodes back-to-back, since episode two is more straight-forward than episode one. It's doubtful they could do that, though. Maybe they could put in a disclaimer that says "Don't worry, this will all make sense eventually."

I've mentioned this before, but the show I most want to see on Toonami is The Count of Monte Cristo. Am I the only one who has seen and loves this show? It's a drag to see Toonami run boring shoenen show #56 when there's tons of cool stuff out there. But what do I know, I'm just an internet person.

Mature

I've mentioned this before, but the show I most want to see on Toonami is The Count of Monte Cristo. Am I the only one who has seen and loves this show? It's a drag to see Toonami run boring shoenen show #56 when there's tons of cool stuff out there. But what do I know, I'm just an internet person.
Gankutsuou is a fantastic animation, but I don't think it fits in line with Toonami. Not to say there isn't action from time to time, but the majority of it is subdued.

pirata

Gankutsuou is a fantastic animation, but I don't think it fits in line with Toonami. Not to say there isn't action from time to time, but the majority of it is subdued.

Well, Tenchi was on there...and Gankutsuou is an adaption of one of the greatest adventure novels of all time...but you're right, it isn't completely packed with action scenes, but I still think it could work on Toonami.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Baccano needs to happen at some point, hope they weren't scared off by that pale imitation DRRR.

Better hope Andrex doesn't see this.

Haven't seen Baccano so I can't comment on whether or not it's a pale imitation. What I do know is I love Durarara!!, its characters, its settings, its storylines, and I know any other series would have a hard time evoking the same reaction out of me. Durarara!! is one of the few series where I let my heart rule over my head, and I don't really care what that makes people say about me. Reading the light novels only reinforces my love.

90CGrdS.jpg

Bigger than my grief for Sym-Bionic Titan, Firefly, or any other show is my grief that Durarara!! has not received a second season. There's still so much perfection yet to adapt.

PSNEPga.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
That's not to say it didn't have a good ending, it did. But the light novels show there's clearly still room for more of the series.

My last remaining hope is that the manga is able to cover it all eventually.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Baccano and Durarara are very different imo.

Yeah. The reasons I like DRRR!! are very specific to DRRR!!. I doubt Baccano or any other series could replicate the reasons why I like it, even if it's "better." It's illogical but them's the breaks.

So as I was going down the final hill with my home in sight, I hit black ice lost control and crashed into the rocks outside of my house. With my mom driving and my brother and I pushing we got it free and into the driveway. Thankfully I was able to angle the car in a way that all I did was have a fender bender.

Fuck snow

So as I was going down the final hill with my home in sight, I hit black ice lost control and crashed into the rocks outside of my house. With my mom driving and my brother and I pushing we got it free and into the driveway. Thankfully I was able to angle the car in a way that all I did was have a fender bender.

Fuck snow
But rain is more dangerous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom