• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

789shadow

Banned
Turns out, you can get an A in your undergrad research and still not quite perform satisfactorily. Also didn't help that I, a Biochemistry major, had to withdraw from Biochemistry.

LOLDSFAN

So as I was going down the final hill with my home in sight, I hit black ice lost control and crashed into the rocks outside of my house. With my mom driving and my brother and I pushing we got it free and into the driveway. Thankfully I was able to angle the car in a way that all I did was have a fender bender.

Fuck snow

I had car related issues today too. Tapped a guy in the bumper. Luckily he drove off so nothing happened thank goodness.

Always looking for series I've never heard of that look interesting in the DVD previews for Tenchi GXP is a series called Kiddy Grade, has anyone seen/heard of this? Preview makes it look like a pretty fun if fan service heavy female action show.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I remember hearing about the fact it exists, but that's really it. I really can't remember much from Kiddy/Grade, aside from a female spy with a kid partner or something.

RedBoot

tumblr_mz7lnsLmDk1s7f89co5_r1_250.gif

Oh that's right, Durarara had random anime/manga cameos from other Dengeki franchises like Spice & Wolf.

Hmm...does that mean a theoretical DRRR Season 2 would have Sword Art cameos?

Anyway, I actually just started watching DRRR recently, so this is all well-timed. I remember seeing the first 4 eps or so on AS back when it aired, but it never really grabbed me. Decided to try it again on CR, and this time through I was into it pretty much immediately. Maybe the sub just works better? It does help for the chat room scenes.

So yeah episode 5 of GPX has been pretty dull so far, Seina's room mates are really boring and seeing them sneak out of the dorm has been just unfunny.

Edit: Totally didn't see wolf girl pulling a BETRAYALATHON on Seina and co

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hmm...does that mean a theoretical DRRR Season 2 would have Sword Art cameos?

Anyway, I actually just started watching DRRR recently, so this is all well-timed. I remember seeing the first 4 eps or so on AS back when it aired, but it never really grabbed me. Decided to try it again on CR, and this time through I was into it pretty much immediately. Maybe the sub just works better? It does help for the chat room scenes.

Sub or dub the chat room gets much easier to follow later on when they're actually using the correct VA voice for each user (they intentionally scrambled them around in the early eps to add mystery.)

GXP really is at it's best when it's about Seinya horribad luck creating slap stick such as his mic not working, him then yelling and having it be fixed just as he goes to yell leading to things being destroyed and the whole grid shutting down. The cat fight between Amane and Kirkyo is still pretty entertaining along with wolf girl adding some odd furry to the harem.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
GXP really is at it's best when it's about Seinya horribad luck creating slap stick such as his mic not working, him then yelling and having it be fixed just as he goes to yell leading to things being destroyed and the whole grid shutting down. The cat fight between Amane and Kirkyo is still pretty entertaining along with wolf girl adding some odd furry to the harem.

You aren't ready man, this is gonna be good.

I just realized the ages of the characters in this series

Seina is 15
Amane is 20
Kiriko is 24

Seriously Japan WTF, you have a 24 year old girl who's so obviously obsessed with a 15 year old. It's not like this love/obsession began once he got into space, you clearly wanted his D on Earth as well.

Seina is 15
Amane is 20
Kiriko is 24

Seriously Japan WTF, you have a 24 year old girl who's so obviously obsessed with a 15 year old. It's not like this love/obsession began once he got into space, you clearly wanted his D on Earth as well.
FLCL

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Seina is 15
Amane is 20
Kiriko is 24

Oh man oh man oh man

It didn't really bother me in FLCL as while Noata is only 12, the two older ladies are a 17 who's mostly using him as a thing to project his older brother onto and a "19" year old alien who's mostly using him for her own sexual projections. Neither seriously wants him even if they both enjoy teasing him. Ninamori is the only character who legit wants him, and while she is 12 it's not like 12 year olds can't have relationships.

It didn't really bother me in FLCL as while Noata is only 12, the two older ladies are 17 and mostly using him as a thing to project his older brother onto and a "19" year old alien who's mostly using him for her own sexual projections. Neither seriously wants him even if they both enjoy teasing him. Ninamori is the only character who legit wants him, and while she is 12 it's not like 12 year olds can't have relationships.
I suppose so.

Amane is such a troll it seems like her whole objective in this series is to cock tease Seina and make Kiriko get angry.

Oh god they're cranking up the fan service to a degree where it's starting to be unfunny

Seda

What about that one where
we all thought we had been drugged
?

was that the episode where
the pink haired captain guy was basically going nuts for an entire episode? Honestly that was the most "memorable" episode for me because it was so fucking psychotic.

Oh, and the episode where things got weirdly serious for a moment

So soon, spoilers no gif, so soon.

I want to see a hundred posts of that gif.

There's gonna be like a whole page of this haha

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
was that the episode where
the pink haired captain guy was basically going nuts for an entire episode? Honestly that was the most "memorable" episode for me because it was so fucking psychotic.
Yea,
I swear to god it was like we were all roofied at once.

Oh, and the episode where things got weirdly serious for a moment

Yea that was freaky.

RedBoot

Sub or dub the chat room gets much easier to follow later on when they're actually using the correct VA voice for each user (they intentionally scrambled them around in the early eps to add mystery.)

Yeah, I've been trying to guess who they are, since that's presumably what the show wants me to do. But I'm only 5 eps in, so I've probably got a ways to go before that comes around.

Ah, I did remember the other advantage the sub has over the dub: Simon sharing a voice actor with Kazuma Kiryu. So weird to hear him do goofier lines.

Wow this is the laziest excuse for recycled animation I've ever seen, they literally just played a minutes worth of footage over a still image of the cast watching it wooooooow.

Alright well that's enough GXP for one night. overall I'm still enjoying it though the cracks continue to show. Maybe it's because most harem anime doesn't interest me but I'm getting good enjoyment out of this so far. I'm waiting for boobs pirate lady to rejoin the cast and somehow end up living with Seina and joining the harem because, well I mean it's really obvious that's going to happen this is a Tenchi series and somehow I feel 3 ladies isn't enough for the harem.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Alright so im watching men in black 3 and alot of the time travel stuff kinda works the same way it does in steins;gate even a mention of someone actually being a girl if their parents didnt go and drink that last wine or something..

So I'm guessing Erma gets killed off at some point? None of the silhouette characters are her and she's not in either the OP or ED where as pirate boob lady is. Though I guess Erma could actually be pirate boob lady in disguise as we know Erma has the ability to cloak herself as someone else. That would be hilariously dumb but a convenient way to not bloat the harem.

At this point the only thing missing is a loli, and I know there has to be a loli coming because there is always a loli. Would give the harem the motherly girl, the wild girl, the bad girl, the furry girl, and the loli which seems pretty well rounded.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I'm guessing Erma gets killed off at some point? None of the silhouette characters are her and she's not in either the OP or ED where as pirate boob lady is. Though I guess Erma could actually be pirate boob lady in disguise as we know Erma has the ability to cloak herself as someone else. That would be hilariously dumb but a convenient way to not bloat the harem.

At this point the only thing missing is a loli, and I know there has to be a loli coming because there is always a loli. Would give the harem the motherly girl, the wild girl, the bad girl, the furry girl, and the loli which seems pretty well rounded.

raJyA0W.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Gonna get back to gif making tomorrow. The storm allowed me to watch a decent amount of Inuyasha while getting work done as all my driving got postponed and I could get my work done from here.

Will probably finish the show tomorrow or Thursday at this rate leaving me free time...possibly to watch GXP on netflix!

ZGq540W.gif

Same Yoko time, same Yoko channel.

hyde-laughing-o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom