• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Kill La Kill thread:

tumblr_mzmegp1PB21s4ddyqo1_400.gif

Best post from the last page.

Trollkashi strikes again. :D

Tenumi

Banned
I don't get the "console wars". I mean, whatever keeps you entertained is whats best to me.

Oh, and I've still gotta catch up on the past two weeks of Toonami, minus the Space Dandy episodes. Watched those last night.

I used to be a hardcore Sony fanboy when I was 13 but once you grow up and realize it doesn't matter what other people choose to enjoy the whole 'console warz' thing seems pretty silly. Just play what you like, no need to bash others for being partial towards a particular console manufacturer as long as they're not pushing their views down your throat.

Levyne

Banned
I don't get the "console wars". I mean, whatever keeps you entertained is whats best to me.

Oh, and I've still gotta catch up on the past two weeks of Toonami, minus the Space Dandy episodes. Watched those last night.

I don't see why everything has to be such a big deal. I can't really put it in fewer words than that. PS4 owners "win" I suppose but the XBO shortcomings don't really affect them. XBO owners can still play it at a typical console framerate and get other exclusives that probably factored in on their platform purchase choice. People with both systems have a clear choice I guess. PC owners have to make a decision whether the redone face or textures is enough for a purchase of this version.

Just...blah. Why do people feel the need to aggressively declare winners and losers and chest thumping and blaaaaaaah.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
- PS4 version of Tomb Raider is revealed to be 60FPS, XBO will be 30FPS
- 'Here we go' and 'Dis gun b good' posts prelude the incoming shitstorm
- PR bashing commences, the sharks begin to circle
- XBO owners start trickling in to downplay the significance
- Shill accusations and dog piling commences
- Reaction GIFS
- Some posters explode and lash out with personal attacks
- Mass bannings
- More reaction GIFS

That's pretty much what happened from what I gathered

Sounds about right.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Dreamcast has the REAL cast....or something. #ApplePippin4lyf

All I know is, I need to learn to stay out of threads that deteriorate into "NO, MY SIDE'S RIGHT AND YOUR SIDE'S WRONG INSULT INSULT FLAME", especially after seeing some threads that focus to a game getting censored (i.e Bravely Default).

Levyne

Banned
I guess my emotional pendulum just doesn't swing with much amplitude most of the time. Makes those heated highly polarized threads a little alien to me.

It's like the commitment people put towards religion and sports + buyers remorse ( often from childhood when one couldn't financially or due to parents, buy multiple systems ) taken to the extreme + some of the worst elements of nerd culture wrapped up into this huge shit-burrito

LOLDSFAN

Dreamcast has the REAL cast....or something. #ApplePippin4lyf

All I know is, I need to learn to stay out of threads that deteriorate into "NO, MY SIDE'S RIGHT AND YOUR SIDE'S WRONG INSULT INSULT FLAME", especially after seeing some threads that focus to a game getting censored (i.e Bravely Default).

Chromecast is the REAL cast. :p

Also yeah the reason why the Laura page is 60+ pages now is because the game runs 60fps on PS4.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It was more humorous last gen when it was the more powerful, more expensive console from the clear winner last gen that had the shitty ports for the first three years.

More expensive less powerful from a console that did very well last gen is still funny, mind you, but its not quite the same. Sony fanboys were exploding everytime a 360 version was significantly better...which was practically every multiconsole game for the first three years.

Levyne

Banned
Radiant Dawn is so poorly balanced. Never has such a large cast been so full of "unusable" characters.

Unusable is an exaggeration.

Radiant Dawn is so poorly balanced. Never has such a large cast been so full of "unusable" characters.

Unusable is an exaggeration.

At least it makes sense in the story for the Dawn/Fail Brigade to be so pathetically weak. Seriously only Nolan and Zihark are worth training the rest of their characters suck or have horrible availability

bigkrev

Sounds like bigkrev lost the less bad part and only has the truly heinous part of the Ouya.

Actually, I like the Ouya controller a LOT. It's probably the most comfortable controller in hand that i've ever experienced. The D-pad and buttons are shit, but the sticks are just a tad stiffer than the 360 ones, which is awesome.

I'm 100% serious about the comfort though. I like holding the thing in my hand often when i'm watching TV or something because of how comfortable the thing is

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Huge exaggeration.

Man God's list on unusable characters in hard mode is TINY. Everyone is usable in easy and normal.

Fiona, Meg, Tormod, Vika...and that's it. Edward and Leonardo are the only really bad members of the Dawn Brigade but they come in great classes so with enough babying they'll be fine.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
At least it makes sense in the story for the Dawn/Fail Brigade to be so pathetically weak. Seriously only Nolan and Zihark are worth training the rest of their characters suck or have horrible availability

Jill is technically DB and is great. Micaiah is great (and you are forced to used her), Sothe is pretty good though his weapon limits him, Leonardo has quite possibly the worst growths in the game but is in the best human class, Laura and Aran are fine but nothing special.

Levyne

Banned
I just seems that with something like 80 characters, I'm always funneled to use the same ~15 without even trying due to either availability or a clearly and obviously superior option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom