• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
kuripta being sasuke(down to the red eyes and emoness)
Gon and not black star trying to get the ball from the old man is like team 7 vs kakashi
both second stages of the exasm involve a forest of death.
Hisoka rreminds me of orochimaru a bit
That rookie killer reminds me of kabuto

im sure it will change once the exasma re over, but i get a narto vibe from it.

Long ago in a distant network,
I, The Lich, the slot-shifting master of darkness
Unleashed an unspeakable announcement!
But a foolish Samurai Jack fanbase wielding a magic OT
step forth to question me.
Before the next schedule change was leaked,
I tore open a portal in time and flung the show into 4 AM
Where my evil is law!
Now the fans seek to bump the show up earlier
And undo the future that is The Lich....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWEd8yDEURc

Or something like that.

Jill is technically DB and is great. Micaiah is great (and you are forced to used her), Sothe is pretty good though his weapon limits him, Leonardo has quite possibly the worst growths in the game but is in the best human class, Laura and Aran are fine but nothing special.

Jill is okay, she just has awful availability in part 1 for plot shenanigans. Part 3 she's okay but after being blessed with Haar she feels weaker plus she doesn't have earth. I also wasn't counting the forced characters who are both decent. Laura gets use until Micaiah promotes then sits on the bench, Aran is a worse Nephee who sucks xp away from team men Nolan and Zihark. Leonardo gets horribly outclassed by 3-13 archer and Edward is only good for blocking axes with his face.

Levyne

Banned
Right. I guess unusable really isn't the right term. It's just than Shinon, Soren, Harr, Zihark, and Neph clearly outperform their class counterparts in terms of availability and generally statistics (factoring in baked in level discrepancies). I mean, sure , there's always going to be an optimal character than I'm sure you could crunch numbers to figure out, but it just doesn't feel organic benching any of those guys. It's like you have to manufacture ways to not use them in order to keep subsequent playthroughs interesting where in other games it seems more organic, where by happenstance you will end up with a different team each time. Factor in all of the characters that are required at the end of the game and it just seems old by the second time through, where other Fire Emblem games, to me anyways, just seem fresher for longer.

To put into perspective, I am entirely nitpicking at this point. Radiant Dawn is one of my favorite games ever. It just so happens to be a middling entry (in my opinion) of my favorite series so I may end up seeming harsher than I intend to. Notice that a lot of the issues I talk about wouldn't even surface until maybe the third time through, haha.

kuripta being sasuke(down to the red eyes and emoness)
Gon and not black star trying to get the ball from the old man is like team 7 vs kakashi
both second stages of the exasm involve a forest of death.
Hisoka rreminds me of orochimaru a bit
That rookie killer reminds me of kabuto

im sure it will change once the exasma re over, but i get a narto vibe from it.

All of those seem like standard shonen tropes that aren't limited to Naruto

-Brooding main character with a tragic backstory
- Training arc
- Creepy villain

so how did this turn out?

She answered some standard questions and showed off her bubbly personality..click the link for full details?

Right. I guess unusable really isn't the right term. It's just than Shinon, Soren, Harr, Zihark, and Neph clearly outperform their class counterparts in terms of availability and generally statistics (factoring in baked in level discrepancies). I mean, sure , there's always going to be an optimal character than I'm sure you could crunch numbers to figure out, but it just doesn't feel organic benching any of those guys. It's like you have to manufacture ways to not use them in order to keep subsequent playthroughs interesting where in other games it seems more organic, where by happenstance you will end up with a different team each time. Factor in all of the characters that are required at the end of the game and it just seems old by the second time through, where other Fire Emblem games, to me anyways, just seem fresher for longer.

To put into perspective, I am entirely nitpicking at this point. Radiant Dawn is one of my favorite games ever. It just so happens to be a middling entry (in my opinion) of my favorite series so I may end up seeming harsher than I intend to. Notice that a lot of the issues I talk about wouldn't even surface until maybe the third time through, haha.

The only debatable one is Nolan vs Boyd which generally ends with "both are awesome but Nolan has earth support"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Where my evil is law!

Or something like that.

So good

Where my evil is law!

Or something like that.

How did I miss this? Amazing

Jintor

tumblr_mpdmd8YEXA1r60ay5o1_500.gif

CLEAVAGE WINS OVER CUTENESS EVERYDAY

LET'S SHOW HER WHAT WE'RE MADE OF

She's not actually a child, she's really a high priestess who is over 2000 years old

Is this real life? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
CLEAVAGE WINS OVER CUTENESS EVERYDAY

LET'S SHOW HER WHAT WE'RE MADE OF

She's not actually a child, she's really a high priestess who is over 2000 years old

Is this real life? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

"That way, the otaku won't feel completely guilty jerking it over her" - Mindset of the writers.

LOL The high priestess has mad psychic powers? How convenient, was she in one of the other Tenchi series or is this some new character introduced in GXP?

Okay so some further thoughts

Neju clearly isn't human, so despite the fact she's "2000 years old" in human years doesn't equate to how her race ages. Obviously it's a clear way to dance around censorship of "well she's not illegal therefore it's okay to wank to her" but at the same time, let's just say she really was 12 years old, who cares in context that Seina is 15. I have more of a problem with 24 year old Kiriko being in love with Sena then any 12 year old.

I have a bigger problem with the obvious "big brother" otaku baiting that she did this episode. That came off as sleazy and just their to pander the audience. I also don't understand the connection of "her life is in constant danger, so she's going to enroll in the GXP" ... uhh isn't she retiring soon why would people still want to kill her after that fact? Also she clearly has advanced psychic powers that no one else in the series has who the FUCK is gonna assassinate her?

Tenchi GXP really does fall apart when it focuses on the story, the only thing this show has going for it is hot chicks who cat fight over the main character, and slap stick brought on by the main character's horrible luck. When the plot is driven by these two things it works, when the plot tries to tie back to the Tenchi meta verse or take itself even kind of seriously it completely falls apart.

Also while none of you saw it on Toonami cause of cut OP/ED, the ED updated this episode to add Ryoko and... the mopping lady to the montage of naked ladies covering their boobs and offering their bodies to Seina in the end. This double confuses me because A- mop girl hasn't shown a single ounce in interest in Seina this entire series and B- we clearly just got done establishing loli girl as harem interest number 4 why would you not include her?

Seda

They said they wanted to, but looks like it's been confirmed. There's going to be another Toonami panel at Momocon this year (May 23-25). I'll probably go again because why not.

Need some SAO to wash that down, Bass?

I've already watched all of the sub twice, this time watching the dub is my 3rd time though the series. Honestly I've enjoyed GXP more then I have SAO as GXP most of the time understands it's a silly harem slap stick comedy and while it's not particularly amazing most of the time it does the job well enough to entertain. Most of my enjoyment from SAO comes from laughing at how completely stupid it is while the characters act like everything is super serious.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ooh shit. New announcements incoming.

OOH

Seems like a perfect time to announce Fairy Tail!

Please no

I've already watched all of the sub twice, this time watching the dub is my 3rd time though the series. Honestly I've enjoyed GXP more then I have SAO as GXP most of the time understands it's a silly harem slap stick comedy and while it's not particularly amazing most of the time it does the job well enough to entertain. Most of my enjoyment from SAO comes from laughing at how completely stupid it is while the characters act like everything is super serious.

You say that now, but just wait.

Seriously though I don't think any shows are ending around that time unless they announce like 4 months out that FT or some other anime is replacing Bleach at the end of the summer when it's run ends. The con is too late for them to announce SAO/SE's replacement (whichever one isn't being replaced by Blue Exorcist) and after Bleach the next ending dates aren't until the end of the year IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom