• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I wouldn't mind Fairy Tail being a replacement, the biggest problems to me with that would be it's kinda long/ongoing ? (is it?) and it's overall just rote and boring and not too riffable
I guess there is GERARD/JELLAL and it's sometimes borderline hentai / often times ecchi could be things
. But really the only thing at this point other than the return of full hr Inuyasha and promises of Final Act coming, that I could want is the new Sailor Moon. Which either won't happen or if it did warrants another time slot acquisition/ early slot.

Edit: Ok. So I checked and the anime is 175 episodes and is over. Thats like 3 years and a half of just Fairy Tail. I'd rather them just find another show in the SAO/Soul Eater range of episodes that would just be another, year + a few weeks affair. or another 6 monther.

MikeMyers

To be honest I wouldn't mind fairy tail being a replacement, the biggest problems to me with that would be it's kinda long/on going ? (is it?) and it's overall just rote and boring and not too riffable
I guess there is GERARD/JELLAL and it's sometimes borderline hentai / often times ecchi could be things
. But really the only thing at this point other than the return of full hr Inuyasha and promises of Final Act coming, that I could want is the new Sailor Moon. Which either won't happen or if it did warrants another time slot acquisition/ early slot.

BRING FINAL ACT TO TOONAMI

How's the SM watch?

001.jpg

Akamaru is Moe.

how does he have pictures in his dog house

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jill has great availability

If you get her to switch sides the first time.

Also Wyvern units are so good in the game you can reasonably field both her and Haar. Just pick one to get a blessed brave axe instead of the super axe and you're good to go.

Jill has great availability

If you get her to switch sides the first time.

Also Wyvern units are so good in the game you can reasonably field both her and Haar. Just pick one to get a blessed brave axe instead of the super axe and you're good to go.

The last thing you want to do is screw over the fail brigade and the few halfway decent units they have

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
To be honest I wouldn't mind Fairy Tail being a replacement, the biggest problems to me with that would be it's kinda long/ongoing ? (is it?) and it's overall just rote and boring and not too riffable

Edit: Ok. So I checked and the anime is 175 episodes and is over. Thats like 3 years and a half of just Fairy Tail. I'd rather them just find another show in the SAO/Soul Eater range of episodes that would just be another, year + a few weeks affair. or another 6 monther.

Actually, the anime is starting back up again soon. It was just merely on hiatus.

I still feel the time between the Big 3 and reruns should be left for shows that give some leeway for a schedule change on a yearly basis versus extending the block of "it's gonna be here for the next 2-4 year"-ers .

I still feel the time between the Big 3 and reruns should be left for shows that give some leeway for a schedule change on a yearly basis versus extending the block of "it's gonna be here for the next 2-4 year"-ers .

The 11:30 slot I feel like enables them to have that constantly changing head line show like Dandy or Titan without being trapped into long running shonen. We know Bleach is ending this year and with no sign of Bleach Blood War anime it'll have to be replaced with something and the only series that could possibly be popular enough for that slot are Fairy Tail and DBZ Kai. I agree that the 2 and 2:30 slots should be 13-26 episode series that can be more experimental type shows like SAO and Blue Exorcist. 1:30 I feel works well for a mid length shonen like Soul Eater or the FMA series (in terms of length not that I wanted either fma at 1:30 now).

I have my skepticisms of what they will do with Bleach when it ends, but if they do immediately replace it at the front, then I guess I wouldn't mind Fairy tail as the equally rote and boring replacement.I mean much like Bleach, I liked fairy tail in beginning so it'd at least be ok for a while.

789shadow

Banned
I have my skepticisms of what they will do with Bleach when it ends, but if they do immediately replace it at the front, then I guess I wouldn't mind Fairy tail as the equally rote and boring replacement.I mean much like Bleach, I liked fairy tail in beginning so it'd at least be ok for a while.
I was wondering if they just move Shippuden up.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The 11:30 slot I feel like enables them to have that constantly changing head line show like Dandy or Titan without being trapped into long running shonen. We know Bleach is ending this year and with no sign of Bleach Blood War anime it'll have to be replaced with something and the only series that could possibly be popular enough for that slot are Fairy Tail and DBZ Kai. I agree that the 2 and 2:30 slots should be 13-26 episode series that can be more experimental type shows like SAO and Blue Exorcist. 1:30 I feel works well for a mid length shonen like Soul Eater or the FMA series (in terms of length not that I wanted either fma at 1:30 now).

Attack on Titan probably wouldn't work at 11:30. Dandy is having success there because it's a comedy, and that's a comedy timeslot. Generally action anime premieres have done worse there than they have at midnight, which is why Bleach eventually settled into the midnight slot. 11:30 is ideal for a crossover audience type show. That's why Boondocks and Venture Bros. typically do well there and why Futurama used to kill it in that slot back in the day.

Attack on Titan probably wouldn't work at 11:30. Dandy is having success there because it's a comedy, and that's a comedy timeslot. Generally action anime premieres have done worse there than they have at midnight, which is why Bleach eventually settled into the midnight slot. 11:30 is ideal for a crossover audience type show. That's why Boondocks and Venture Bros. typically do well there and why Futurama used to kill it in that slot back in the day.

So what you're saying is Tenchi GXP would have done great there? :p

daveo42

Banned
I already assumed the English dub would premiere at 11:30 after Space Dandy finished.

It is waaaay too popular to be slotted anywhere else.

I could see that, though I can also see them shuffling around the anime on there as well. I'd be fine with another comedy or light-hearted show to pop in there, I'm just not sure what else would fit.

Jintor

Black Lagoon status: ACQUIRED.

BOOM. Toonami is proud to announce our next acquisition, BLACK LAGOON! It’s time for some truly ADULT action to hit the block. BLACK LAGOON will begin airing on Saturday, March 22nd, replacing SOUL EATER, which will air its final episode the week before. For more info on the Black Lagoon, go here: http://www.funimation.com/shows/black-lagoon

And of course, we’ll see you on March 22nd, when the ass kicking begins!

Still not Gurren Lagann ;___;

No real complaints though, I haven't seen Black Lagoon before.

Replacing Soul Eater will be BLACK LAGOON, according to the Toonami twitter.

Looks to be only 24 episodes, so we'll get something new before the end of the year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom