• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Black Lagoon is a good replacement for Soul Eater, also that means Blue Exorcist is replacing Sword Art Online then.

From Wiki:

The story follows a team of pirates/mercenaries known as Lagoon Company, that smuggles goods in and around the seas of Southeast Asia in the early to mid 1990s. Their base of operations is located in the fictional harbor city of Roanapur in southeast Thailand (somewhere in the Amphoe Mueang Trat district, likely on the mainland north/northeast of the Ko Chang island or on the island itself). They transport goods in the 80-foot (24 m) Elco-type PT boat Black Lagoon. Lagoon Company does business with various clients, but has a particularly friendly relationship with the Russian crime syndicate Hotel Moscow. The team takes on a variety of missions—which may involve violent firefights, hand-to-hand combat, and nautical battles—in various Southeast Asian locations, even going as far as Phu Quoc island of Vietnam and when not doing much, the members of the Lagoon Company spend much of their down time at The Yellow Flag, a bar in Roanapur which is often destroyed in firefights.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Woah, Black Lagoon? Looking forward to it. One of those franchises where I know it exists, but actually know very little about it (aside from hot-pants main female). March is gonna be good.

Black Lagoon is one of my favs.

Prepare to hear a lot of bleeps.
Will it be as bleepacular as Deadman Wonderland?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Though Black Lagoon is another Funimation license, the voice acting was done by Geneon. It was one of the many licenses Funi rescued when they went under.

Seda

iumiJbbGt9UzG.png

ibhavYK89iZkcO.png

ixMPy1RbAj2sW.png

iby5JVV5m0VSFB.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Though Black Lagoon is another Funimation license, the voice acting was done by Geneon. It was one of the many licenses Funi rescued when they went under.
It really does seem like Funimation is the main supporter of Toonami at this point, save for a few others like Aniplex (SAO & Blue Exorcist).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I actually thought they were going to do this eventually as I noticed about a month ago that it was running on Funimation Channel.

Funimation Channel is the place that shows with reasonable tv airing rates ends up.

This show is going to be hilarious with all the bleeps though. Not that it wasn't funny to begin with.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There are some serious spoilers in the fuck video. Don't watch it if you haven't seen the show. If you watched the sub and never saw the dub...well, I feel sorry for you and you can watch the video.

Crocodile

Black Lagoon confirmed for Toonami! O_O

Yes_yes_yes.gif

Show is fucking awesome. I hope they were able to get Roberta's Blood Trail as well. Some of the omakes are super hilarious too but I don't think they have time to air any of them.

Agreed.
Just replace every shot of Asuna and Sakura with Revy and we're good to go.

LOL but agreed as well :)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The only thing I don't like about BL is
how it ends. Very low key and disappointing. Feels like they needed another arc or two.

Yea I was in sprite mood after paying black flag and bought the complete set on amazon for Christmas .

Great show , good pick up

also gutted Lagana will be dandys replacement

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Not even close lol, Bleach is better then Tenchi GXP, I'm just saying Tenchi GXP isn't as horrible as you guys made it out to be. Tenchi GXP is way better then SAO

Now you're just being silly. That's the most intelligent anime of the last decade you're talking about.

Both aren't good packages but one has competent voice acting, very good art and a decent soundtrack. The other has insane manic swings between being dreadfully boring and downright offensive to all senses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom