• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
You dissing my Canadian bros?

tumblr_lkhtfvVZCw1qhnyjso1_500.gif

I needed an excuse to post that gif.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Now you're just being silly. That's the most intelligent anime of the last decade you're talking about.

Both aren't good packages but one has competent voice acting, very good art and a decent soundtrack. The other has insane manic swings between being dreadfully boring and downright offensive to all senses.

I don't think he's up to the cocaine episode yet

You have a higher resistance for crap than I, Bass.

I always enjoyed if never thought much of the Tenchi series in the past, so even without your guys comments I would have walked in with low expectations. Now add those comments and I expected GXP to be worse then SAO levels of me wanting to kill myself. So far that hasn't happened, its not a master piece but its solidly entertaining.

Again I'll say GXP has 11 episodes to completely fall apart, but so far I'd say its been overall enjoyable.
GXP isn't nearly as bad as people here make it out to be. It's not great but the show is far from the abomination you would be led to believe.

I'd argue that SAO is entertaining as well. There's a ton of problems and it certainly isn't the 'smartest anime in years' but its a guilty pleasure like HSotD. I can lower my expectations and enjoy the show for what it is.

If anything I'm disappointed in you guys, you guys hyped me up to watch this "horrible mess" and so far its just been... Average to subpar. The worst thing I can say about gxp is they get lazy with the animation and when the story gets serious or into the tenchi meta it gets boring

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If anything I'm disappointed in you guys, you guys hyped me up to watch this "horrible mess" and so far its just been... Average to subpar. The worst thing I can say about gxp is they get lazy with the animation and when the story gets serious or into the tenchi meta it gets boring

Wait for the cocaine episode, you'll know it because it's only an episode that could be written by someone who just smoked a 8-ball.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

It is going to get worse.

Tenumi

Banned
Space Dandy
Bleach
Shippuden
One Piece
Black Lagoon
Blue Exorcist
Naruto
GitS
Brotherhood
Samurai Jack
Clone Wars
Inuyasha

Hmm...

Not a bad line-up... now two shows interesting shows I've never watched are in the pipeline

Fuck.

There are some serious spoilers in the fuck video. Don't watch it if you haven't seen the show. If you watched the sub and never saw the dub...well, I feel sorry for you and you can watch the video.

Best part about not having watched the show before, I have no clue context on any of that video, so I still get to go in unspoiled!

Seda

Here is what I said about GXP

I'm the type of person who can usually derive enjoyment out of most things (any form of media), even if they are sub-par or mediocre. I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I even enjoy Bleach in an ironic way I guess.

Except GXP.

Fuck GXP.

I'm the type of person who can usually draw enjoyment from most forms of entertainment, even if it's sub par or mediocre.

There is nothing to enjoy about GXP.

Man I have this feeling of dread forming around me. Because of an imminent cartoon show.

What the fuck Tenchi Muyo GXP.

I stand by those.

Welcome to ToonamiGAF, where hype overrides sensibility

jesus I need to get ready to stay up again with all these new shows on.

I really hope Black Lagoon airs bleep free because it is so late at night. I remember Comedy Central doing that with South Park.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'd daresay Seda and I are the most optimistic, willing to forgive a lot for entertainment people in this thread and we both hate GXP.

Tenumi

Banned
I lasted 3 episodes for GXP. That was also obviously before my signing-up here. I was optimistic at the announcement, but quickly went downhill after watching. I didn't enjoy it, so I didn't continue.

...Makes me wonder why I'm watching SAO? I think probably I'm actually enjoying it, in that totally wrong train wreck kind of way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom