• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings for saying that ToonamiGAF hyped up GXP's awfulness but that I found it to be mediocre like Bass when watching after it aired.

Well yea, 90% of what I watch on Toonami, I would consider just average or boring if I watched it alone (or not even waste my time with), but that's kinda missing the point of here.

Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings for saying that ToonamiGAF hyped up GXP's awfulness but that I found it to be mediocre like Bass when watching after it aired.

so i take it that with the rewording here "sensibility" becomes synonymous with "what i think." believe it or not people hold different opinions, whether that's with Bleach or with GXP. and seeing you make snide comments about the entire thread when most of the people here disagree got old months ago.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
dGB5sOJ.gif

so i take it that with the rewording here "sensibility" becomes synonymous with "what i think." believe it or not people hold different opinions, whether that's with Bleach or with GXP. and seeing you make snide comments about the entire thread when most of the people here disagree got old months ago.
I think it's hilarious that you're the only person here taking what I said so personally, nobody else seems to care because what I posted wasn't a big deal. You love to blow comments out of proportion and start arguments, this is nothing new. All I said is that ToonamiGAF hyped up the badness of GXP, which is fairly accurate considering only Bass and I have indicated we tolerate the show, and you're getting upset.

I don't even make snide remarks about the entire thread so I'm not sure where you got that from. I'd love to see some examples since apparently I've been doing it for months.

I think it's hilarious that you're the only person here taking what I said so personally, nobody else seems to care because what I said wasn't a big deal. You love to blow comments out of proportion and start arguments, this is nothing new. All I said is that ToonamiGAF hyped up the badness of GXP, which is fairly accurate considering only Bass and I have indicated we tolerate the show, and you're getting upset.

I don't even make snide remarks about the entire thread so I'm not sure where you got that from. I'd love to see some examples.

how about you take a look at most of the arguments in this thread and who's been at the center of them. and actually you said some nonsense about "sensibility", because obviously if people don't share the same viewpoint as Gucci Messiah they must not be sensible. but nice try spinning it.

are you really denying that you don't routinely make these kinds of comments during Bleach? seriously, enough is enough. not everyone has to think the same thing. people are allowed to outright dislike things you don't.

Moaradin

I've been reading the Soul Eater manga the past week and I just got to the point where the anime starts splitting off. Why the hell did they change up the story so much? The manga version is so much better. It's weird because the anime still has scenes that happen later in the manga after it splits, like the Black Star and Kid fight. Also BJ is a completely different character in the manga.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Lordy lord fucking Christ Black Lagoon is something I've fucking always should be on Adult fucking Swim. It's about damn time, motherfucks.

Levyne

Banned
My first and last comment on it will be because the initial post heavily implies ToonamiGAF is "not sensible", and with the antonyms of sensible being along the lines of stupid or unintelligent, I just feel the comment was painted with a needlessly wide and prickly brush. But I don't care for forum arguments so I keep my mouth shut.

how about you take a look at most of the arguments in this thread and who's been at the center of them. and actually you said some nonsense about "sensibility", because obviously if people don't share the same viewpoint as Gucci Messiah they must not be sensible. but nice try spinning it.

are you really denying that you don't routinely make these kinds of comments during Bleach? seriously, enough is enough. not everyone has to think the same thing. people are allowed to outright dislike things you don't.

I get into 'arguments' which are really just debates, because I have a different opinion from the majority when it comes to the controversial shows, are you really whining about that? Stop being so sensitive over using the word 'sensible' it was obviously tongue in cheek. If I knew it was going to hurt your feelings so much and start WW3 I wouldn't have even said it. I thought most people could handle it but should have known you were going to get offended and start a multi page argument over something trivial. I ask again, why is it that YOU are the only one who cares? Stop making a mountain out of a molehill, you're so dramatic sometimes.

As for Bleach, I have repeatedly said that I don't approve of people who say its terrible every week but then post about how they're going to take a 30 minute break when the show starts. I would say the same thing for any other show, there's no need to complain if you're not going to watch and give the show a fair shake. Nice try though.

And so not everyone is entitled to like what I like but I can't like what other people dislike? What kid of argument is that? Take your Bruce Wayne vigilante, anime thread justice policing elsewhere. It's getting annoying.

I laughed pretty hard at 'enough is enough'

I get into 'arguments' which are really just debates, because I have a different opinion from the majority when it comes to the controversial shows, are you really whining about that? Stop being so sensitive over using the word 'sensible' it was obviously tongue in cheek. If I knew it was going to hurt your feelings so much and start WW3 I wouldn't have even said it. I thought most people could handle it but should have known you were going to get offended and start a multi page argument over something trivial. I ask again, why is it that YOU are the only one who cares? Stop making a mountain out of a molehill, you're so dramatic sometimes.

As for Bleach, I have repeatedly said that I don't approve of people who say its terrible every week but then post about how they're going to take a 30 minute break when the show starts. I would say the same thing for any other show, there's no need to complain if you're not going to watch and give the show a fair shake. Nice try though.

And so not everyone is entitled to like what I like but I can't like what other people dislike? What kid of argument is that? Take your Bruce Wayne vigilante, anime thread justice policing elsewhere. It's getting annoying.

I laughed pretty hard at 'enough is enough'

i'm not whining about anything, i'm pointing out that you don't have any room whatsoever to talk when it comes to starting arguments. and if that was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek you damn well could've fooled me because you routinely make those same types of comments about everyone else with Bleach or Space Dandy.

is that really the only thing you think you do? every single time somebody praises the show you like to chime in with "don't use logic!" or something, complaining about how everyone else is just letting the hate consume them and not giving it a fair chance. then there's Space Dandy, where apparently so many others are just blinded by hype.

show me where i said you're not allowed to like the show. i wouldn't have said a thing if all you put was "i thought you guys overhyped its awfulness, too." i'm saying the fact that you like to paint everyone who disagrees with you as not thinking clearly in some capacity instead of simply holding another opinion is annoying and that you need to give it a rest.

RedBoot

Black Lagoon? Finally, a show I haven't seen already! I did watch the first episode a while back, all I remember is that there's an amazing action scene near the end. So I'm good with this.

One Piece to Black Lagoon to Blue Exorcist is going to be some tonal shifts, though. Swapping BL and BE would help, but eh.

Black Lagoon? Finally, a show I haven't seen already! I did watch the first episode a while back, all I remember is that there's an amazing action scene near the end. So I'm good with this.

One Piece to Black Lagoon to Blue Exorcist is going to be some tonal shifts, though. Swapping BL and BE would help, but eh.

is Blue Exorcist pretty similar to shows like Naruto and Soul Eater in terms of tone? i really don't know much about it.

BBboy20

oK, all of you who has not watched it, watch Black Lagoon right now unless you're willing to constantly laugh at all the bleeps that we are going to hear. Seriously, it's first-time experience is best watched unfiltered.

LOLDSFAN

Yooooo new show!

I haven't seen Blag Lagoon either. Apparently there's a second season. Wonder if they'll just go for 24 the first time.

oK, all of you who has not watched it, watch Black Lagoon right now unless you're willing to constantly laugh at all the bleeps that we are going to hear. Seriously, it's first-time experience is best watched unfiltered.

And ruin the bond I have with ToonamiGAF? I don't think so.

there's the (veryveryveryveryveryvery) off chance they managed to redub some of the dialogue.

Levyne

Banned
Man, wish the US would relax a bit and just let a middle of the night cartoon just say 'fuck'. I know that's general but I think I would prefer a 'for tv' dub rather than constant bleeps.

Crocodile

Yooooo new show!

I haven't seen Blag Lagoon either. Apparently there's a second season. Wonder if they'll just go for 24 the first time.

And ruin the bond I have with ToonamiGAF? I don't think so.

It's two seasons of twelve episodes (24 total). There is also some OVA episodes that cover an arc following the TV series (the manga is still ongoing I'm pretty sure and the first two seasons didn't even cover all the material that was published back then - just most of it)

Man, wish the US would relax a bit and just let a middle of the night cartoon just say 'fuck'. I know that's general but I think I would prefer a 'for tv' dub rather than constant bleeps.

If airing "almost hentai" is ok, "fuck" should really be perfectly fine. US censors are weird :/

is Blue Exorcist pretty similar to shows like Naruto and Soul Eater in terms of tone? i really don't know much about it.

Ao no Exorcist is similar to those two a bit, yes.

I like the tone of Ao no Exorcist better than Soul Eater, though; it's not as silly. It also has a much stronger protagonist than SE. It's not as juvenile as Naruto part 1 either...it's probably more in line with Shippuden.

i'm not whining about anything, i'm pointing out that you don't have any room whatsoever to talk when it comes to starting arguments. and if that was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek you damn well could've fooled me because you routinely make those same types of comments about everyone else with Bleach or Space Dandy.

is that really the only thing you think you do? every single time somebody praises the show you like to chime in with "don't use logic!" or something, complaining about how everyone else is just letting the hate consume them and not giving it a fair chance. then there's Space Dandy, where apparently so many others are just blinded by hype.

show me where i said you're not allowed to like the show. i wouldn't have said a thing if all you put was "i thought you guys overhyped its awfulness, too." i'm saying the fact that you like to paint everyone who disagrees with you as not thinking clearly in some capacity instead of simply holding another opinion is annoying and that you need to give it a rest.
You are whining, I made a tongue in cheek comment about a freaking cartoon and you went absolutely ballistic. Nobody else was up in arms but you, there's really no denying that. Do you even realize what the point of a forum is? We're here for the discussion, there are inevitably going to be arguments. ToonamiGAF isn't an echo chamber where only one one opinion is allowed to exist in a vacuum but you can't seem to accept that. It seems to me that you're just upset that I enjoy Bleach and am critical of Space Dandy. So much drama over anime, lol.

I like every show on toonami (except Clone Wars) and certainly don't make those comments whenever somebody mentions a show. I think the Bleach hate is pretty well documented; I've said numerous times that I don't care what other people think about the show as long as they give it a fair shake. Oftentimes the show gets bashed by people who don't watch and formed an opinion about the overall series a long time ago, that's what I call out. There's also a lot of Bleach bashing just because it's Bleach, Bass can attest to that.

There were people calling Dandy the savior of anime after ONE episode, if that's not being blinded by hype then I don't know what is. Obviously people are excited about Dandy but I've been the most skeptical in the thread willing to routinely point out flaws in addition to praising the parts I like. It's not like I'm posting a sentence summary, I give in depth impressions each week. You just sound mad because I won't give it undying praise and keep my expectations in check.

obviously if people don't share the same viewpoint as Gucci Messiah they must not be sensible. but nice try spinning it.

seriously, enough is enough. not everyone has to think the same thing. people are allowed to outright dislike things you don't.

You are a huge hypocrite. It's unreal that you're so angry over GXP haha.

Ao no Exorcist is similar to those two a bit, yes.

I like the tone of Ao no Exorcist better than Soul Eater, though; it's not as silly. It also has a much stronger protagonist than SE. It's not as juvenile as Naruto part 1 either...it's probably more in line with Shippuden.

hm. that does sound like it would help with the tonal shift. though they might not want to bump Black Lagoon to 2am since it's higher-profile (but then again that's where Sword Art was.)

Sonicbug

I love Black Lagoon so fucking much. You guys that haven't seen it are in for a treat. It was awesome that Funi was able to contract out the dub of Blood Trail to maintain the cast. It's one of the best english anime dubs too. Yay!

You are whining, I made a tongue in cheek comment about a freaking cartoon and you went absolutely ballistic. Nobody else was up in arms but you, there's really no denying that. Do you even realize what the point of a forum is? We're here for the discussion, there are inevitably going to be arguments. ToonamiGAF isn't an echo chamber where only one one opinion is allowed to exist in a vacuum but you can't seem to accept that. It seems to me that you're just upset that I enjoy Bleach and am critical of Space Dandy. So much drama over anime, lol.

I like every show on toonami (except Clone Wars) and certainly don't make those comments whenever somebody mentions a show. I think the Bleach hate is pretty well documented; I've said numerous times that I don't care what other people think about the show as long as they give it a fair shake. Oftentimes the show gets bashed by people who don't watch and formed an opinion about the overall series a long time ago, that's what I call out. There's also a lot of Bleach bashing just because it's Bleach, Bass can attest to that.

There were people calling Dandy the savior of anime after ONE episode, if that's not being blinded by hype then I don't know what is. Obviously people are excited about Dandy but I've been the most skeptical in the thread willing to routinely point out flaws in addition to praising the parts I like. It's not like I'm posting a sentence summary, I give in depth impressions each week. You just sound mad because I won't give it undying praise and keep my expectations in check.

You are a huge hypocrite. It's unreal that you're so angry over GXP haha.

oh look, you're doing that thing where you're trying to paint me as being incredibly angry because.........i'm not sure why you try to do that, actually. do you actually think that helps your point? do you think it makes you look better to everyone else? because at best i'm annoyed, don't flatter yourself. and what you're doing comes across as incredibly juvenile, much like when a person replies with "aw, did i hurt your feelings?"

it's funny to me that you want to try to blatantly misrepresent what i'm saying (in addition to me being "mad" or some nonsense) as me hating to hear other opinions when that's exactly why i called you out on this. you're the one making your snide little comments when you don't see eye-to-eye with everyone else. this is your problem, not mine. i don't give a damn about your opinions on these shows, i give a damn about the way in which you like to present them. this is probably the third time i've repeated this and yet you still insist on trying to paint this as me being angry about your opinion. so you're either not reading at all or you can't help but filter what i'm saying through whatever backwards interpretation you've cooked up.

this is the last thing i'm going to say unless you manage to cut the crap and actually address what i'm saying instead of what you'd just love to believe i'm saying: if you've got something to say, how about addressing the person or the topic instead of making cute little comments about how everyone who disagrees with you is full of shit?

being an internet contrarian is cool gais

I'm not trying to be a contrarian lol heck I'd say the shows I like/dislike match most of the threads. I just don't agree with the "terrible" assessment people gave GXP based upon what I've seen again this opinion could change when I finish the show 11 episodes is still a lot. Next to SAO and Kickheart its in the bottom 3 worst things Toonami has shown since the revival (that I've seen) but just because its one of the worst shows Toonami has shown does not mean I hate it or don't find it enjoyable.

Seda

I'd daresay Seda and I are the most optimistic, willing to forgive a lot for entertainment people in this thread and we both hate GXP.

GXP and SAO are definitely the two shows I dislike most. I even enjoyed Samurai Seven a little. Some shows and hard for me to not be bored with, like Clone Wars and IGPX (although the season one finale of Clone Wars wasn't bad at all outside of the Hutt character).

Damn damn, :p

Is that Tsoonami? Or Sniggles?

Tsoonami

I have a hard time bringing myself to watch shows outside of Toonami so all my reactions will be first-time and genuine as is usual.

At first the bleeps could possibly be humorous but I fear they will become a nuisance :/

Well I guess this means the March thread has to have some variant of "Black and Blue" in the title, right?

*shoots Levine*

---

I've gotten a few private complaints about Gucci's and GMN's back-and-forth here. I also got some the last time they went at it. It's clear that the conversation is making people uncomfortable. I'm not going into details otherwise. Drop it or take it to PM.

I'm not trying to discourage discussion, but when the arguments turn away from talking about the shows and into pointing fingers at other members then that is too far.

there's the (veryveryveryveryveryvery) off chance they managed to redub some of the dialogue.

I hold the very slim hope that since the Toonami announcement mentioned how it's time things got ADULT again (their emphasis, not mine) that they are just going to air the thing bleep-free.

I highly doubt that, but then again, asshats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom