• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMyers

How many more episodes of Inuyasha are left? Are we even close to the end, I've thought about trying to play catch up.

We are around 122, series is 167 episodes long.

You could just watch it until all the major characters are introduced, then just skip to the Band of 7 arc to catch up easier.

I'm going to go ahead and guess they're going for a redubbing since they decided to switch for a bleep free edition of Deadman Wonderland after the Hummingbird episode.

If they do that I highly recommend Toonami first viewers watch it uncensored at a later time. I can't even imagine Revy not dropping F-bombs all the time. I'm actually pretty surprised they got it, it's a hard TV-MA anyway so hopefully they go a little lenient on the censoring.

I'm going to go ahead and guess they're going for a redubbing since they decided to switch for a bleep free edition of Deadman Wonderland after the Hummingbird episode.

If they do that I highly recommend Toonami first viewers watch it uncensored at a later time. I can't even imagine Revy not dropping F-bombs all the time. I'm actually pretty surprised they got it, it's a hard TV-MA anyway so hopefully they go a little lenient on the censoring.

well, the thing is Deadman was still being dubbed or at least had just finished being dubbed while it was running on Toonami. the OVA for Black Lagoon was released not too long ago, so i suppose it's possible they had a couple of the actors redub their lines in preparation for a TV airing but i'm not too hopeful.

Final Act is a lot shorter than I thought it would be.

I always figured it would be the show that replaced Bleach but it's only 26 episodes.

We are around 122, series is 167 episodes long.

You could just watch it until all the major characters are introduced, then just skip to the Band of 7 arc to catch up easier.
Who are the major characters besides Inuyasha, Kagome, Kikyo, Koga, Monk guy and Boomerang girl so I know when to skip ahead?

My money is on Fairy Tail or HxH if it ever gets dubbed. What happened to the Toriko bandwagon?

FT and Toriko are both dubbed by Funi, and so far I believe all the new shows we've gotten have come from the same company. The "big" viz dubbed anime that I can think of off hand

InuYasha Final Act, Accel World, Kekkashi, Nura Rise of the Yokai, Tiger & Bunny, Zetman, Vampire Knight, Honey & Clover, Deathnote, and Blue Dragon

Tenumi

Banned
I legitimatly want to watch Accel World, so I'd be fine with that.

Meanwhile, I'm catching up on the past two weeks. Finished off Soul Eater, so on to... SAO. Sigh...

FT and Toriko are both dubbed by Funi, and so far I believe all the new shows we've gotten have come from the same company. The "big" viz dubbed anime that I can think of off hand

InuYasha Final Act, Accel World, Kekkashi, Nura Rise of the Yokai, Tiger & Bunny, Zetman, Vampire Knight, Honey & Clover, Deathnote, and Blue Dragon

man, they don't have a lot.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Three of those probably won't happen. Kekkashi and Death Note already aired on Adult Swim, and Blue Dragon aired on Toonami years ago, plus it seems pointless to air it now since the IP is essentially dead. Maybe MS can commission a sequel in the hopes of getting that Japanese audi- hahahahaa oh I couldn't finish that with a straight face.

man, they don't have a lot.

Most of their business now is in manga.
Though Crunchyroll is kicking their asses right now by allowing more and more series to get simultaneous releases, where Viz only has like 7 or 8.

Three of those probably won't happen. Kekkashi and Death Note already aired on Adult Swim, and Blue Dragon aired on Toonami years ago, plus it seems pointless to air it now since the IP is essentially dead. Maybe MS can commission a sequel in the hopes of getting that Japanese audi- hahahahaa oh I couldn't finish that with a straight face.

I listed everything on their wiki page that is currently licensed by them and dubbed

Tenumi

Banned
Oh goodness, this episode is awkward.... Kirito-daddy getting scolded about his attraction to women, like his sister-cousin.

...and I've still got one episode to go...

BatDan

Bleach ends October, so adding Final Act would be 15 months actually.

Probably wont finish the manga by then though.

Final Act is 26 episodes.
If one is aired every week, that's six and a half months.
If the possibility of another movie month happens, then seven and a half months.

MikeMyers

Final Act is 26 episodes.
If one is aired every week, that's six and a half months.
If the possibility of another movie month happens, then seven and a half months.

I meant if Final Act replaces Bleach when Bleach ends. Bleach still has the rest this arc and the Fullbring arc to go, so it'll finish around October.

Time to watch GXP

This disc preview is Case Closed, read Funi's comment that "we've tried Conan 3 times and every time it's bombed" RIP in peace series

BatDan

I meant if Final Act replaces Bleach when Bleach ends. Bleach still has the rest this arc and the Fullbring arc to go, so it'll finish around October.

Oooh right right...
Still, I doubt Kubo would be done with the manga by then.

Time to watch GXP

This disc preview is Case Closed, read Funi's comment that "we've tried Conan 3 times and every time it's bombed" RIP in peace series

759.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Time to watch GXP

Which is a goddamn shame, it turns into a really great show and they never even got to the part where it gets good.

I wonder how replacing shows works on Toonami

I like to imagine Viz would just drop another one of their shows in Bleach's time slot but it can't be that simple.

Tenumi

Banned
Ok, SAO, officially crossed the line. First of all, Tentacle monsters? Why? How? Destroying a competent female character's character development? WHY?

...Near tentacle rape?

I've officially lost all respect for anybody who legitimately likes this show.

Considering some of the shows I've seen and want to watch, That might be saying something.

Also,
"I'm in love with my brother"... Really, girl? You just realize it? And you just realize the implications? AND you still haven't figured out Kirito is your brother?

SCREW THIS SHOW!

I wonder how replacing shows works on Toonami

I like to imagine Viz would just drop another one of their shows in Bleach's time slot but it can't be that simple.

Another Viz show will probably replace Bleach, but there a chance the shows could be reshuffled such as Shippuden going to 12, OP going to 12:30, then Bleach's replacement going at 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom