• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Bass, once you're done with GXP, watch Casshern Sins since it's the only 2012 Toonami anime worth a damn.

For Deadman Wonderland, read the manga. It's pretty short at 58 monthly chapters.
For Samurai 7, watch the original movie. All the best parts of Samurai 7 were just scenes lifted from Kurosawa's classic.

Bass, once you're done with GXP, watch Casshern Sins since it's the only 2012 Toonami anime worth a damn.

For Deadman Wonderland, read the manga. It's pretty short at 58 monthly chapters.
For Samurai 7, watch the original movie. All the best parts of Samurai 7 were just scenes lifted from Kurosawa's classic.

I own Casshern Sins, but I'm going to watch Desert Punks cause a buddy I've met at work is a big fan and wants to hear my thoughts on it. I'll probably watch Sins after that unless I watch E7 first.

I've already read all of DMWL which is why watching it's anime is at the bottom of my list along with marathoning dub Bleach.

bigkrev

I own Casshern Sins, but I'm going to watch Desert Punks cause a buddy I've met at work is a big fan and wants to hear my thoughts on it. I'll probably watch Sins after that unless I watch E7 first.

I've already read all of DMWL which is why watching it's anime is at the bottom of my list along with marathoning dub Bleach.

Also, without the Bleeps, you are missing out on the fun of DMWL

Seda

Random late night boredom leads me to this, list of OG ToonamiGaffers who are still active. These posters who has a significant post count in the original OT.

Andrex
Shard
Seda
Jintor
everyday math
Schadenfreude
BatDan
789shadow
MetatronM
Hehateme
B-Dubs

<bit of a post count jump down here>

Beelzeboss
ReiGun
GaimeGuy
THACHITS
lazybones18
SAB CA
mightynine
Raxus

These are the troo ToonamiGaffers.

There are several more who post less frequently but still regularly during shows and such, I didn't copy everybody's name and I might have missed some :/

also RIP Knux Future :(

castrojimenez.gif

Russian chick>>Revy. Damn, she was one bad bitch <3

Random late night boredom leads me to this, list of OG ToonamiGaffers who are still active. These posters who has a significant post count in the original OT.

Andrex
Shard
Seda
Jintor
everyday math
Schadenfreude
BatDan
789shadow
MetatronM
Hehateme
B-Dubs

Beelzeboss
ReiGun
GaimeGuy
THACHITS
SAB CA
mightynine
Raxus

There are several more who post less frequently but still regularly during shows and such, I didn't copy everybody's name and I might have missed some :/

Pour one out for our fallen nakama. May our bonds be as strong in the afterlife as they were when they were with us.

Andrex
Shard
Seda
Jintor
everyday math
Schadenfreude
BatDan
789shadow
MetatronM
Hehateme
B-Dubs

Beelzeboss
ReiGun
GaimeGuy
THACHITS
lazybones18
SAB CA
mightynine
Raxus

large.gif

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Andrex
Shard
Seda
Jintor
everyday math
Schadenfreude
BatDan
789shadow
MetatronM
Hehateme
B-Dubs

Beelzeboss
ReiGun
GaimeGuy
THACHITS
lazybones18
SAB CA
mightynine
Raxus

Ya, I've dropped off quite a bit since then. Thread moves too fast now!

I miss the days when it took five months for an OT to expire.

Raxus

*whistles inconspicuously*

c38.jpg

On a more serious note, on some level I agree with Andrex. It is crazy how much ToonamiGAF has grown. Threads move so fast now I feel bad if I miss a post someone makes. Switching to 100 posts a page helps a ton.

I used to come back to my house borderline blacked out after partying last year during undergrad and read through OT2 on my iPad in bed with a stupid grin on my face until I passed out.

This went on for months.

bigkrev

I used to come back to my house borderline blacked out after partying last year during undergrad and read through OT2 on my iPad in bed with a stupid grin on my face until I passed out.

This went on for months.

Remove the word "undergrad" from this, and switch "iPad" to "iPad Mini or Laptop", and "borderline blacked out" to "slightly buzzed", and that was me around the time Toonami started again, lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I also kinda miss being able to fall asleep at 3am and still have the "full Toonami experience." 6am is real tough sometimes.

ReiGun

Andrex
Shard
Seda
Jintor
everyday math
Schadenfreude
BatDan
789shadow
MetatronM
Hehateme
B-Dubs

Beelzeboss
ReiGun
GaimeGuy
THACHITS
lazybones18
SAB CA
mightynine
Raxus

Amazed I'm still here. I think my posting has actually increased despite the fact that I still don't post much during the week.

I still have fond memories of Casshern Sins, episode 2. I couldn't breathe reading the reactions of the first timers.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Andrex
Shard
Seda
Jintor
everyday math
Schadenfreude
BatDan
789shadow
MetatronM
Hehateme
B-Dubs

Beelzeboss
ReiGun
GaimeGuy
THACHITS
lazybones18
SAB CA
mightynine
Raxus

I'm... I'm not a troo ToonamiGaffer? :(

Edit: THERE I AM! :D

bigkrev

I think that second episode of Deadman Wonderland is still the peak of Toonami. That 3 second long bleep of what that one guy was going to do to the girl, that killer obstical course, man, that was a great half hour

I also kinda miss being able to fall asleep at 3am and still have the "full Toonami experience." 6am is real tough sometimes.
These days I need a midday nap and a pot of coffee to make it through GitS. I'm happy about the expansion but don't see how people like Scadenfruede complete the 6.5 hour challenge every week. Kudos, I must be getting old.

These days I need a midday nap and a pot of coffee to make it through GitS. I'm happy about the expansion but don't see how people like Scadenfruede complete the 6.5 hour challenge every week. Kudos, I must be getting old.

If I didn't keep getting scheduled at noon on Sunday it wouldn't be a problem. In my perfect world I would have Sundays off always. Thankfully I've got the next two Sundays off so I shouldn't have any problems.

I think that second episode of Deadman Wonderland is still the peak of Toonami. That 3 second long bleep of what that one guy was going to do to the girl, that killer obstical course, man, that was a great half hour
I totally remember watching that! I was drunk alone in my room laughing my butt off at the combination of bleeps and gratuitous violence. The reactions were great too, I need to go back and read them again.

Raxus

Reliving SBT and Thundercats memories were good as well.

Ah, the series finale tweest in Thundercats. Good times. Booty Quake was equally humorous.

While the pacing of Shippuden has slogged so far, I'm actually enjoying the show. The novelty of seeing Naruto and company grown up hasn't worn off for me and I'm excited to see where the series goes after the Sasuke defection. The only annoying stuff so far has been Konahamaru and his shitty friends, my disdain for them is well documented. I'm enjoying these training episodes that show off how much Naruto and Sakura have improved as ninja but the animation seems a little lacking after watching Space Dandy and Bleach which has seen a bump up in animation this arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom