• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

I assume GitS will either repeat or 2nd GiG will take it's place (I hope the latter)

Dunno what will replace IGPX. I assume a classic show. Fingers crossed it is SBT.

SAO has a gap you say? Well that just makes room for the ONE HOUR AND A HALF BEACH OVA FEATURING ALL THE WAIFUS!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I assume GitS will either repeat or 2nd GiG will take it's place (I hope the latter)

Dunno what will replace IGPX. I assume a classic show. Fingers crossed it is SBT.

SAO has a gap you say? Well that just makes room for the ONE HOUR AND A HALF BEACH OVA FEATURING ALL THE WAIFUS!

Oh no

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can see the reactions now.....

watamote-4-omake-8_zps09856e3f.gif

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Black Lagoon, eh? Hm. I probably wouldn't have watched it ever on my own, foul mouth'd for the sake of foul-mouth isn't something I care for. Maybe this'll be similar to Perfect Blue and Ninja Scrolls runs on Sci-Fi, where the curbing back on the excessive stuff made the shows more enjoyable to watch for me.

I'm sure I'll have fun Sketch Dump'n on Revy, though. Since she's always reminded me of an alt palette for Leona Heidern.

Minus personal reservations, this sound closer to the type of show I'd like to see Toonami pick up more often. I always got this feeling that watching it would be like seeing a darker, more immature and irreverent version of Canaan...

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Welp, I am officially out of covering Toonami next week since I have relatives coming in from out of town. This week shall continue as normal.

2nd Gig is running after this series ends on April 26th.

I really hope we don't have to watch the beach episode

So did Desert Punk ever air on Toonami? Just started watching it because I didn't want to finish GXP while everyone was sleeping. Desert Punk is hilarious and awesome so far, dub is kick ass.

bananas

Banned
Funny. Awhile ago I did fake intros and bumpers for One Piece and Black Lagoon, and now both have come to Toonami for reals.

I also did one for Persona 4 the Animation, as well, so who knows...

Watamote would be pretty funny on toonami.
Perhaps a bit too cringe worthy for a lot of people.
Never heard of it so I read the wiki..I don't think it would sit well with the toonami demographic or fall in line with the identity of the block. I just couldn't see Jason giving this show the greenlight but it sounds interesting.

Crocodile

Watamote is pure comedy and can kind of be unsettling. Not enough lasers, shuriken, explosions, superpowers, etc. for most of the Toonami audience though. I also found the fact that she never seemed to learn any lessons made the show repetitive but I've only seen the first half of it so I dunno if it improves dramatically or not later on. Also don't let Shard know you're talking about it/watching it, it will send him off on one of his rants :p

Holy crap Desert Punk is amazing you guys need to check this out

Seen it already, would recommend. I vaguely remember a few parts being a bit fucked up if memory serves me correctly though (not in the SAO sense though thankfully). As a heads up for everyone else, the humour is a bit raunchy and juvenile. Lots of boob jokes :p

Seen it already, would recommend. I vaguely remember a few parts being a bit fucked up if memory serves me correctly though (not in the SAO sense though thankfully). As a heads up for everyone else, the humour is a bit raunchy and juvenile. Lots of boob jokes :p

It is, but it's actually pretty funny how they use it here

Crocodile

What exactly is 'moe' anime? Is that the stuff with little girls that some people enjoy watching? I've always been confused with that definition.

It's a very vague definition/concept. More of a "know it when you see it" than something that can be scientifically discerned. It also doesn't help that people like the use the term completely wrong and as a catch all for "all that is wrong with Anime" which confuses everybody. My best understanding is something is "moe" if it incites a "dawwwww" (cute) or "I want to protect that" sort of response. A sympathetic bond of sorts. Lots of those shows with like adorable girls doing adorable things would probably be well described as moe - it's probably the most common expression of the concept. However, the expression of the concept certainly doesn't even require the female gender and not all shows that feature some/alot of young girls in it are "moe" (like say Madoka).

That's my best understanding at least :/

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I guess there's only way to show Gucci the true meaning of Moe....

....HAVE A SPECIAL PRE/POST-BLOCK. We'll start off with an hour of K-On. Other suggestions GO.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now the question remains if the 3rd Jojo OP will be as good.

....oh & all those other stuff like "what will they cut out/down from the manga".

K-on
Girl und Panzer
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Bamboo Blade
Lucky Star

BOOM!
& then we shall end with a Strike Witches/Vividred Operation double feature. ALL ACCORDING TO KEIKAKU.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It's a very vague definition/concept. More of a "know it when you see it" than something that can be scientifically discerned. It also doesn't help that people like the use the term completely wrong and as a catch all for "all that is wrong with Anime" which confuses everybody. My best understanding is something is "moe" if it incites a "dawwwww" (cute) or "I want to protect that" sort of response. A sympathetic bond of sorts. Lots of those shows with like adorable girls doing adorable things would probably be well described as moe - it's probably the most common expression of the concept. However, the expression of the concept certainly doesn't even require the female gender and not all shows that feature some/alot of young girls in it are "moe" (like say Madoka).

That's my best understanding at least :/

croc probably explained it in the best way possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom