• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Head Cha La = We Gotta Power >> Vic Dragon Soul >> Rock the Dragon >> Sonny Strait Dragon Soul= Sean Dragon Soul >>> Greg Ayres Dragon Soul >> Justin Dragon Soul

It's that easy.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Is tsu the syllable why Akatsuki (Naruto) and Tatsuki (Bleach character) sound like 'Akatskee' and 'Tatskee' ? At least in the dub

Basically. They're mostly just mimicking the way it sounds in Japanese as closely as possible. It's not that the u isn't being pronounced (because it is), but the sound of the hard consonant following it can kind of overpower it in such a way that you often don't really notice that it's there.

Think the difference between "Tsunade" and "Akatsuki."

The u vowel in Sasuke works the same way.

ckohler

I didn't get around to posting reviews on Sunday so I'll just post some quick ones.
This week's theme was clearly "bonds". Bonds being forged, broken and whatnot.

Attack on Titan - Pretty boring episode with some cringe worthy dialog. The performances aren't really the problem here. I think it's the way-too-literal translation made worse by yelling those lines. Commander Eyebags is so incompetent I'm surprised the troops under him haven't revolted. Also, what was the deal with that flower growing? Is that foreshadowing for something next season?

DBZ: Kai - As goofy as he is, I do enjoy King Kai. I also love how he has a car that he can drive on a single road around his tiny planet for no reason. Good episode.

Naruto: Shippuden - This week wasn't really all that bad. It started with some nice action and while the animation quality oddly fluctuated wildly from terrible to fantastic, overall it was above average. The slow second half was kinda boring but this episode was still miles better than the past several weeks. That's maybe not saying much for Shippuden but hey, I figure it still deserves to be recognized. I can't believe we're clearly near the scene shown in episode one over a year ago.

Inuyasha: The Final Act - Either I am getting used to this pacing or things slowed down because I didn't have any trouble following the action this time. It all made sense! I enjoyed this episode. I don't understand why all this weird stuff happens with vortexes and such but I just assume this is some weird Japanese folklore shit and go with it. Good episode.

One Piece - The flashbacks were meh because I HAD seen these before. The Straw Hat Theatre however was great! The best one by far. I loved it.

Gurren Lagann - It's too bad they didn't show the new opening, although I was betting they wouldn't since the one they have saves so much time. Here it is if you want to see it. I hope you guys noticed that Simon's and Nia's voice actors changed. Kind of a neat idea to have their older versions sound different and more mature, I think. JYB is still Rossiu but he just switched to his older Ichigo voice. Everyone else (aside from Gimmy and Darry who changed the most and are now 14, I think) have the same voices.

Deadman Wonderland - So far, I'm loving this show! That OP was awesome. Shiro is nuts and I think that's fun. I liked that Ganta manned up this episode. Even though this show's entire premise is beyond ridiculous and the public's approval of this nightmare theme park is dumb, it's just too fun and looks fantastic. Aside from Gurren Lagann, this is easily my favorite show on the block right now. I'm glad they are reairing this otherwise I might not have watched it. Is it true this is only 12 episodes?

Good job on the collage, SAB. Personally, I prefer when each show gets its own funny panel like a comic strip but what you drew was still very nice.

Deadman Wonderland - So far, I'm loving this show! That OP was awesome. Shiro is nuts and I think that's fun. I liked that Ganta manned up this episode. Even though this show's entire premise is beyond ridiculous and the public's approval of this nightmare theme park is dumb, it's just too fun and looks fantastic. Aside from Gurren Lagann, this is easily my favorite show on the block right now. I'm glad they are reairing this otherwise I might not have watched it. Is it true this is only 12 episodes?

There's also an OVA

Man God

Non-Canon Member

giphy.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
When Deadman ends again in a couple months, I recommend the manga since it's finished now.
However, start at the beginning.
The anime cuts out a few characters.

"Warnings

Don't try too hard to act like Goten, people will know you're acting strange.

Don't complain that you're hungry too much, or it will get annoying, and won't seem natural.

Let it come to you. If you want to act like Goten for a long period of time, then slowly get into character over time.

Don't overdo the annoying.

Act dumb, but not when it matters, such as school tests or when people need to know important information."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom