• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a lot of flak for the 2.0 remaster, but I don't know why exactly.

So I guess I'm wondering the same thing.

According to Wiki:

The Ghost in the Shell 2.0 release features replacements of the original animations with the latest digital film and animation technologies, such as 3D-CGI. It includes a new opening, digital screens and holographic displays, and omits several brief scenes.

The original soundtrack was also re-arranged and re-recorded. Kenji Kawai remixed the Version 2.0 soundtrack in 6.1 Channel Surround. Randy Thom of Skywalker Sound reprised his role as sound designer, having worked previously on Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence. In the new soundtrack, the Japanese voice dialogue was also re-recorded, with some variation from the original script to modernize the speech. Yoshiko Sakakibara replaced Iemasa Kayumi as the voice of the Puppet Master.

I've watched both, and prefer the original. The CGI kinda stood out.

honoka02gwqxf.gif

Just one more month until Last Round

bigkrev

I think November for Xenoblade X

If Zelda is still this year (we should know by E3- if they still haven't named the thing and still don't have hands on, i'm betting it slips), thats gonna be the November game. And as November is probably going to a real bloodbath this year (less games are going to slip now that we are in the 3rd holiday), it doesn't make sense to put both games out in the same month.

February 13th
Unless you live in Europe then it's Q3 or Q4.

Oh wow, just realized that's the same day as New 3DS and Majora's Mask 3D. Expensive day for any "Day 1" people

You just made my day. Canvas Curse on DS is in my top 5 favorite games of all-time; I'm so hyped for this! AHHHHHHHHH!!!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just know Feb. is gonna be killer on my wallet with the amiibo, New XL, Majoar's Mask 3D w/ figure, and possibly Kirby & Rainbow Curse. I need to do my best to be in budget saving mode if I want all of that. Maybe I'll see how long GameStop is doing the trade-in deal for the OG 3DS for New XL.

bigkrev

The meltdowns over in Gaming are astonishing.

Makes me kind of wish Nintendo went one step further, and just called the XL "The New 3DS" in the states.

Or also announced the small system, but with no changeable faceplates and no colored buttons

Or have charged 219.99 and included a charger

God, they could have done so much better if they wanted to piss people off

As much as Nintendo does stupid shit sometimes, I would have to imagine the decision to bring only the XL over is probably supported by sales numbers for the old 3DS and the XL.

bigkrev

As much as Nintendo does stupid shit sometimes, I would have to imagine the decision to bring only the XL over is probably supported by sales numbers for the old 3DS and the XL.

Yeah. Once this is out (and presumably the original 3DS XL is liquidated), there will be the $100 model (2DS) and the $200 model (N3DSXL). Does there really exist a need for a $170 option?

Direct was enjoyable, as if I didn't already want all the fire emblem amiibos now I need them for Codename Steam. If you weren't interested in amiibo or new 3ds this direct didn't have much new for you. Very happy for the new Fire Emblem :D

Soulflarz

Banned
Yeah. Once this is out (and presumably the original 3DS XL is liquidated), there will be the $100 model (2DS) and the $200 model (N3DSXL). Does there really exist a need for a $170 option?

Yes, because faceplates. It's annoying to take away options from consumers.

Grexeno

Although digging deeper into the ratings, everything from DBZ to Deadman won the timeslot. So it looks like the total TV audience was a lot lower.

Christ, Gaming side is absolutely nuts after that Direct. It's not helping that I've had my absolute fill of over-the-top responses to situations that don't deserve or need them in the past week.

Anyways, not surprised with those numbers. Saturday night football drew bigggggg numbers and we had an hour of Dy-no-mite to drag things down.

Regiruler

Come on now, no normal n3DS is bulllshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit and needs to be emphasized that it's buullllshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom