• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Also, I'm guessing Deadman Wonderland is the show getting the axe, considering it was stated to be a "limited" run. If that's true, Kill la Kill debuts on the night that Hummingbird would have aired.

Jack is getting bumped off and AoT is likely getting bumped to after DMW.

If this happened there would be no god.

Hmm, could be. Demarco's comments really made it sound like DMW was just holding a place for a new premiere, though.

I can't imagine reairing a short series like DMWL, pimping it with a trailer (same trailer as before but they did go out of their way to say it's back), then cutting it off half way though. If Samurai Jack does reair then I'd think Bleach is what will be dropped and DMWL will simply be replaced by another premier

Grexeno

I can't imagine reairing a short series like DMWL, pimping it with a trailer (same trailer as before but they did go out of their way to say it's back), then cutting it off half way though. If Samurai Jack does reair then I'd think Bleach is what will be dropped and DMWL will simply be replaced by another premier
I would think Bleach is just too popular and does too well in the ratings STILL to get dropped.

Crocodile

Kill la Kill? That's not how you spell Jojo! Yeah I didn't think the show would hit the block either but there no doubting its popular. Should be HILARIOUS reading the reactions of first time viewers though :)

Deadman is not getting axed. Samurai Jack ending is what makes room for KLK

Ah ok that makes sense I guess. Farewell Jack, someday maybe Jack will get back home :(

DeMarco on how censored the series will be:

"As little as is possible. We'll find out together."

He doesn't know ahead of time? LOL

tumblr_n2n4tsbuVi1rirdwco1_500.gif

Dear god, 11:30.

Crocodile

Its such a shame IGPX was a bust. If it succeeded who knows how many sweet strong production values,Toonami flavored shows we might have gotten. Then again, if the writers they hired could manage to make mech racing mostly boring for 26 episodes, I guess there would be reason to be apprehensive about any other shows.

How do you fuck up MECH RACING?!

I imagine they'd air the redone classic episodes instead of Crystal, right?

In the end they''ll probably air both, first Sailor Moon Uncut probably starting later this spring/early summer and that'll go until Sailor Moon Crystal is good to go sometime in 2016. AFAIK the Crystal dub hasn't even started yet

Raxus

Its such a shame IGPX was a bust. If it succeeded who knows how many sweet strong production values,Toonami flavored shows we might have gotten. Then again, if the writers they hired could manage to make mech racing mostly boring for 26 episodes, I guess there would be reason to be apprehensive about any other shows.

How do you fuck up MECH RACING?!

By featuring as little Mech Racing as possible. S2 really alleviated this problem. Sadly, too little too late.

Raxus

Not that it might be completely irrelevant, but I sure didn't see any editing in that clip.

It is the announcement video but not the commercial. We will get a better idea on the official announcement on Toonami.

Did someone make a thread in OT?

IGPX picked up toward the end of the first season and was fine throughout most of the second. Not great or anything, but fine.

The only character worth a shit was Andrei, though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn, now I'm tempted to change my avatar to that Gamagori face in that gif I posted earlier. Might wait until KlK airs, though.

Seda

Censoring on Toonami has been basically:

frontal nudity
rape scenes in Hellsing
naked children in a blood pool (Black Lagoon)

right?

EDIT: Oh yes, words like 'fuck', 'cocksucker', and 'dick'

Moaradin

I'm just glad we got a new-ish show at the front of the block again. I've been skipping out on the 11:30 slot ever since AOT ended.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
IGPX picked up toward the end of the first season and was fine throughout most of the second. Not great or anything, but fine.

The only character worth a shit was Andrei, though.

The Rocket is definitely at the top of the pile.

The other likable characters in rough order are the talking cat with Haruko's voice, brother Moondoggie, Joker with a heart of gold, Cunningham, Dr. Spike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom