• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck, it's going faster than I thought :(
Goes to show the last time I've been able to watch it on Toonami.
But where is it at right now?

Just got past the recap hell during the middle of Enies Lobby, this weekends episode is
Frank's bet that the Strawhats will beat CP9

TheOGB

Banned
And they can't air Kill la Kill because..... what? They can? They are?

Nice pick-up. I'm personally not too worried censorship; in fact, the show would probably come out better if they censor/skip the two most egregious scenes. I've got a good feeling about this (unless we don't get Humingbird D:).

Is anything actually happening with a Jojo's dub? Or was that just some kind of pitch/proof-of-concept type thing? That's why I assumed nothing had been announced. (But seriously they need to get the ball rolling and put that shit on Toonami for real)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I honestly believe that without someone signing a big American deal for Gundam that we won't see it again until Wing gets a Blu-Ray release and someone in Japan remembers that once made a ton of cash in the US.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sailor Moon will come.

Now all we need is DRRR^2 to bring back the prodigal son so he can slam One Piece and post gifs.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I think both Sailor Moons will come to Toonami eventually

Indeed but I do wonder how locked Hulu has that, from what I understand Sailor Moon has been doing excellent, to the point where I have see trailers on Hulu advertising Sailor Moon Classic as only being on Hulu.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, the KLK dub seems pretty good. Takarada at the end is killing me. Aniplex generally does a pretty good job with dubs. It's their pricing that blows.
Oh god I just got to that & that voice is hilarious. Good job, Aniplex. I might actually prefer the dub for this.

Also hahahaha I forgot that Piccolo & Zoro is Gamagori. Oh Chris Sabat, you're another VA who'll never escape being on Toonami.

& count me in who thinks we'll get that new Sailor Moon eventually. If we got DBZ Kai & Inuyasha Final Act, both new versions of old school Toonami shows, I imagine they'll get Sailor Moon as well.

Rage of Bahamut: Genesis and Garo The Animation would be great Funi pickups for later this year.

I see. Will we get it before or after Magi, I wonder?

Well we currently have 2 aniplex shows airing, Magi could take over after Gurren Lagann airs which is what I thought would happen assuming KLK couldn't air on the block. Rage of Bahamut would be a perfect Toonami show

Indeed but I do wonder how locked Hulu has that, from what I understand Sailor Moon has been doing excellent, to the point where I have see trailers on Hulu advertising Sailor Moon Classic as only being on Hulu.

Sailor Moon on Hulu would be entering the 3rd series by the time it would hypothetically begin airing on Toonami, and I think it's Sailor Moon's sub doing well while Toonami would of course air the new dub.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh shit!

Kill la Kill dub means the return of...

Y9aJdNs.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
When people were looking for any old reason to slam Sword Art Online they'd go after the dub...which was frankly absurd. The dub was really on point. Same with Blue Exorcist. Aniplex's dub's generally are some of the best money can buy. Because you have to buy them, for a lot of money.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
When people were looking for any old reason to slam Sword Art Online they'd go after the dub...which was frankly absurd. The dub was really on point. Same with Blue Exorcist. Aniplex's dub's generally are some of the best money can buy. Because you have to buy them, for a lot of money.

Now if only the rest of those shows was as good as their dubs.

Seda

Ugh I almost forgot about Blue Exorcist

I did forget about Blue Exorcist, which is why I didn't list it when talking about Aniplex's dubs.

You twist in a joke but from what little I've seen they've been really solid.

Now if only the rest of those shows was as good as their dubs.

Basically.

Heroman

Banned
Sao is the of shows that will make you hate even the parts of it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So for dark horse picks I have Madoka Magica and Ping Pong The Animation, very low chance I am sure but they have their connections.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
100% of that post was truth, Seda. Especially the joke.

I mean, if you're going to charge 500 dollars for an anime, you can afford to get the best VA talent around to do the dub and make sure the audio mix is good.

Aniplex also has the rights to Valvrave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom