• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm. Good point. I thought that the company providing the anime makes the edits for TV, not Toonami. Guess I'm wrong.

For most new shows, it seems like Adult Swim tends to get about 3-5 episodes or so worth of tapes prior to the show's debut.

That's not really based on much of anything other than observation of premiere trailers and how they're edited over the years.

Gorillaz

Titan cost them a nice little something and it's still pretty popular in it's 2nd run so I don't see it falling to the back half of the block. Maybe an hour back but nothing later then 1

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So if we assume it's taking the place of Samurai Jack we get.

11.30: Kill la Kill
12:00: DBZ Kai
12:30: Naruto Shippuden
01:00: Inuyasha: The Final Act
01:30: One Piece
02:00: Tenga Toppa Gurren Laggan
02:30 Deadman Wonderland
03:00: Attack on Titan
03:30: Bleach
04:00: Space Dandy
04:30: Cowboy Bebop HD
05:00: 2nd Gig
05:30: IGPX

Or some variation.

Moaradin

Yeah, the KLK dub seems pretty good. Takarada at the end is killing me. Aniplex generally does a pretty good job with dubs. It's their pricing that blows.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I guess I will make this prediction here and now, Gundam will return this year with the airing of G-Reco.

It would be dumb to do this and not Try. With Try you'd get two complete series.

Neither have announced dubs though, do they? The only recently dubbed Gundam products are Unicorn and the upcoming Origin OVAs.

KILL LA KILL IS COMING TO TOONAMI?

yuVVKv7.gif

[CROWING EATING INTENSIFIES]

Grexeno

I think it'll be:

11:30 Kill la Kill
12:00 DBZ Kai
12:30 Naruto: Shippuden
01:00 Inuyasha: The Final Act
01:30 One Piece
02:00 Gurren Lagann
02:30 Attack on Titan

and then no change the rest of the block with the exception of Samurai Jack leaving.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It would be dumb to do this and not Try. With Try you'd get two complete series.

Neither have announced dubs though, do they? The only recently dubbed Gundam products are Unicorn and the upcoming Origin OVAs.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-to-release-gundam-franchise-stateside/.79830

The company is also working with a U.S. distributor to release Gundam: Reconguista in G in North America. Sunrise did not announce which company would release the series.

This has made me to think if there is Gundam series being picked up it is G-Reco.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Haha, I must say, sounds rather good. I tend to have a harder time accepting dubs for shows I've seen subbed because my ears are trained to hear the voices of whatever I watch first (meaning I can have a similar problem if I hear a show dubbed first, then to sub), but I think these voices work. Still early to tell if I'll prefer dub or sub, though.

I've never seen Kill la Kill. Is it worth watching?
Watch the first few episodes with us and decide for yourself. It's hard for me to answer that question when I'm not familiar with your tastes. Opinions widely vary; some think it saved anime, others think it's a mediocre, formulaic battle shonen.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Thriller Bark has great costumes, one or two EPIC reveals, one or two EPIC meltdowns. I find it actually dragged worse in the manga than it did in the anime and the dub is going to be fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom