• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are really really REALLY dark horse.

Madoka Magic has like a 1% chance, Ping Pong has like an 0.1% chance. I doubt we'll ever see a true sports anime on Toonami unless they change it from an action cartoon block to an anime block and then we get a sports anime that rivals Attack on Titan or DBZ in terms of popularity world wide.

LOLDSFAN

Why the hell was "underwear" the 2nd Google Image search suggestion for "sword art online silica"....

AHPNKy7.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Toonami bought the rights to Hunter x Hunter. Tom and Sara are dubbing all of the parts. It'll be out by the time the hiatus ends.

I actually don't take any issues with that line.
However any potential Blue Exorcist had was completely wasted and shit on

At least they did the best with what they had.

Toonami bought the rights to Hunter x Hunter. Tom and Sara are dubbing all of the parts. It'll be out by the time the hiatus ends.

I can't stop picturing Steve Blum's voice coming out of Gon's mouth.
His Leeron voice would be PERFECT for Hisoka.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They've aired shows on TOONAMI/Adult Swim Action with far less action than Madoka. Far less popular ones either.

It's not like someone is suggesting Nanoha or Cardcaptor either.

Crocodile

While I don't think its likely, Madoka def has a better than 1% chance: it actually has some pretty interesting action and some "shit just got real" stuff goes down frequently. I just worry enough people might take a look at the show's art and assume its some moe show (it's NOT) and start preemptively whining or shit :/

Crocodile

They've aired shows on TOONAMI/Adult Swim Action with far less action than Madoka. Far less popular ones either.

It's not like someone is suggesting Nanoha or Cardcaptor either.

Nanoha has TONS of action once you get past the first few episodes. The second seson is legit great from my recollection. However it might be an even harder sell based on artstyle/character design/etc. than something like Madoka.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I remember hearing that either Madoka or Cardcaptor get surprisingly dark, but I don't remember which one.
Pretty sure Madoka.

I wouldn't mind rewatching it dubbed, but I gotta agree that Toonami would have to be careful on how they would promote it so people will be interested in watching it.

It was written by the Fate/Zero author, right? Maybe mention that.

Moaradin

But the thing is, if Toonami is in a position to put another long shounen on the block.......

I think they'd go with Fairy Tail.

Quality differences aside, HxH actually has an ending (the anime does anyways) and Fairy Tail is much longer and still running.

Pretty sure Madoka.

I wouldn't mind rewatching it dubbed, but I gotta agree that Toonami would have to be careful on how they would promote it so people will be interested in watching it.

They should air Fate/Zero first. It's another Aniplex show with a good dub.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nanoha would have been a near impossible sell though as it doesn't have the pedigree of Madoka or Sailor Moon. Cardcaptor is an easier sell (It was actually on TOONAMI!)

Also Lyrical Nanoha bombed huge over here, got caught up in the Genon vortex as I recall.

Correct. It is a decent Magical Girl show at a time when no one was bringing them out. Not a huge success in Japan, gigantic failure over here (the dub is actually pretty damn good!)

Pretty sure Madoka.

They'd have to air F/Z first for that to work

Grexeno

Pretty sure Madoka.

You can't really mention Fate/Zero until it's actually aired on Toonami though.

Quality differences aside, HxH actually has an ending (the anime does anyways) and Fairy Tail is much longer and still running.
Unless I'm mistaken, Fairy Tail is a lot more popular. Maybe even more popular in the US than One Piece. I think that would give it the edge.

Crocodile

sh-t-just-got-real-o.gif

That gif describes like every episode of Madoka (and the movies) from I think the 3rd one on. Action and "interesting stuff happening" is not a problem for Madoka. The art/character designs probably are for the average Toonami watcher

Moaradin

Unless I'm mistaken, Fairy Tail is a lot more popular. Maybe even more popular in the US than One Piece. I think that would give it the edge.

Is it though? Hunter x Hunter is still one of the best selling manga despite being on hiatus most of the time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So wait, is it KLK then AoT then DBZ or are they putting all their new shows at the front of the block.

The only known known is KLK at 11:30.

We're pretty much all assuming that Samurai Jack, which had four episodes left, is ending its run on the 1st of February and that Attack on Titan is sliding down somewhere around where Deadman Wonderland/Bleach is.

Fairy tale is pure shit and isn't it longer than hxh

HxH ended at 148, Fairy Tail has episode 216 airing tomorrow and is still on going with a manga that is maybe entering end game soon?

Is it though? Hunter x Hunter is still one of the best selling manga despite being on hiatus most of the time.

Fairy Tail is really popular sales wise too, it's largely irrelevant though as both are incredibly popular and I can see both happening on Toonami one day. The difference is Fairy Tail has a dub that already has 100+ episodes done, HxH has no dub

Crocodile

From what little I've seen/read of Fairy Tail, its just the "Power of Friendship" x1000000 with some tits & pecs (more so the former) fanservice for appropriate audiences. Not really a show I would look forward to on Toonami. Of course it seems to be super popular so :/

Best selling in Japan or the US? Toonami will care about what's popular in the States and just from exposure and what I see around me, FT > HxH in popularity in the states. Is HxH popular in the States with anime fans in general or just those with taste?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fairy tale is pure shit and isn't it longer than hxh

Fairy Tail has better character designs and is more giffable. Plus it's got that Uncle Phil factor that TOONAMI was missing recently. Now we have Kill la Kill we can hold off on that for awhile.

Also Kill la Kill means that SAO two is probably 26 weeks from the beginning of February, give or take a holiday or two. School is back in session, only on TOONAMI.

Heroman

Banned
Fairy Tail has better character designs and is more giffable. Plus it's got that Uncle Phil factor that TOONAMI was missing recently. Now we have Kill la Kill we can hold off on that for awhile.

Also Kill la Kill means that SAO two is probably 26 weeks from the beginning of February, give or take a holiday or two. School is back in session, only on TOONAMI.
Hunter x hunter has a shit of Gif moment and does fariy tale have good design,it been s while since I read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom