• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I feel perfectly justified in the ruse I'm putting on as the only HxH show I've seen to completion is the shitty older version.

I actually need new glasses is the main reason I've yet to watch Hunter X Hunter 2011. Can't really read the subtitles unless I watch it at a PC and don't really want to watch it at a PC.

Magwik

Banned
HxH is garbage. Couldn't finish one episode! Made it like 80 something into Fairy Tail and that show delivers the goods (and the bads, and the friendship)

uXRAMdW.gif

Heroman

Banned
I feel perfectly justified in the ruse I'm putting on as the only HxH show I've seen to completion is the shitty older version.

I actually need new glasses is the main reason I've yet to watch Hunter X Hunter 2011. Can't really read the subtitles unless I watch it at a PC and don't really want to watch it at a PC.
Do you got Netflix cause you missing out on the best anime shonen.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fairy Tail is more good than bad. I don't think many people in here would really have a problem with it. The dub is also quite funny in places.

Grexeno

Fairy Tail is more good than bad. I don't think many people in here would really have a problem with it. The dub is also quite funny in places.
I really, really don't think ToonamiGAF would like Fairy Tail. Maybe if it was a 26 episode show we would, but the show is literally Super Generic Shounen Series: The Animation.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
We also got spoiled at the end of last year. DBZ Kai, Hellsing Ultimate, Inuyasha: The Final Act.

If it wasn't for a few of the deals going sour last year messing up the scheduling Inuyasha probably would have been the first real surprise of the year.

Seda

Occassionally DeMarco will answer what the top 5 requested shows are. KLK continues the high percentage of those shows appearing on the block (if it has a dub).

I think Fairy Tail showed up once or twice.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So the next promised day is when TTGL and Deadman Wonderland end?

That's...pretty soon actually.

Fairy Tail used to top the charts with DBZ KAI and Kill la Kill.

Grexeno

Occassionally DeMarco will answer what the top 5 requested shows are. KLK continues the high percentage of those shows appearing on the block (if it has a dub).

And I don't recall Hunter X Hunter ever showing up on those lists.

It sucks, but if it ever comes down to Fairy Tail vs. Hunter x Hunter for a spot on Toonami, I just don't know how Hunter x Hunter gets the nod.

Moaradin

I seem to remember HxH and Fate/Zero showing up a few times as well. Since Fate/Zero has a dub and it's an Aniplex show, I think we'll definitely see it sooner or later. Same with Magi.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The only thing I know about Magi is from people insisting it would fit in on TOONAMI.

That and a crapload of it is now on Netflix.

Crocodile

Man I just saw some preview clips of the KLK dub. Senketsu feels meh but otherwise it sounds hilarious. Could easily be an improvement over the JP track.

It's really well animated and paced which helps it from every feeling boring

I've only seen a little bit of the show but "well animated" or "well choreographed" are not words I'd use to describe it. Of course I assume it would be similar to Naruto where a few episodes are godlike but most are average to bad animation wise.

Raxus

JoJo and HxH even appeared as well.

DBZ appeared all the fucking time. Dunno about other anime. I imagine Tokyo Ghoul would be on there if we voted today as well.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Man I just saw some preview clips of the KLK dub. Senketsu feels meh but otherwise it sounds hilarious. Could easily be an improvement over the JP track.

I've only seen a little bit of the show but "well animated" or "well choreographed" are not words I'd use to describe it. Of course I assume it would be similar to Naruto where a few episodes are godlike but most are average to bad animation wise.

Nothing even approaching Naruto bad.

It's well animated where it counts

lLGKsTS.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
While I'm sick of the Uncle Phil face nothing on the current schedule was going to bring it out besides the occasional episode of Bleach/Gits. Now we have Kill la Kill, Sailor Moon and SAO 2 later in the year. Fairy Tail might bring it out too much.

While I'm sick of the Uncle Phil face nothing on the current schedule was going to bring it out besides the occasional episode of Bleach/Gits. Now we have Kill la Kill, Sailor Moon and SAO 2 later in the year. Fairy Tail might bring it out too much.
I wish we could just retire it. It's a lame meme that was only funny like once or twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom