• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the fact Adult Swim still puts out so much original content when they could probably make more money on an infinite sea of Family Guy reruns is great for us.

Crocodile

I think the fact Adult Swim still puts out so much original content when they could probably make more money on an infinite sea of Family Guy reruns is great for us.

What good original content does Adult Swim currently produce that isn't Venture Bros or Rick & Morty? I'm drawing a blank.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
What good original content does Adult Swim currently produce that isn't Venture Bros or Rick & Morty? I'm drawing a blank.

Mike Tyson Mysteries
Black Jesus is alright
I've heard good things about the Eric Andre Show

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I swear, that Cannon Busters logo looks so familiar to another one, but I can't for the life of me think of the anime or game it reminds me of.

I swear, that Cannon Busters logo looks so familiar to another one, but I can't for the life of me think of the anime or game it reminds me of.

Kinda reminds me of Chrono Crusade

chrono_crusade_2_886268_69487.jpg

It is, but there is probably some element of cost in there. Most of these shows aren't exactly high budget, so I imagine that balances things out at a certain point.

Crocodile

Yeah Mike Tyson Mysteries has been pretty good so far. I haven't seen enough of Black Jesus to form an opinion on that.

Mike Tyson Mysteries

And I never said GOOD original content, I just said original content.

I mean when somebody is happy of the production of something, "good" is usually assumed :p

Didn't we have a dip in ratings last year around this time before things slowly began to pick up again?

I want to say yes but Gucci probably has the data on hand so he probably has a better idea.

Last year was also the Dandy premiere so I'm sure that helped compared to now with AoT reruns now leading the block.

I mean when somebody is happy of the production of something, "good" is usually assumed :p

I don't like most AS original content, I'm just happy they continue to create lots of new content regardless of what I think of it. I've seen some channels I really like devolve into rerun hells of airing the same shit over and over again producing almost no new content or just producing shitty "reality" tv shows.

Crocodile

I don't like most AS original content, I'm just happy they continue to create lots of new content regardless of what I think of it. I've seen some channels I really like devolve into rerun hells of airing the same shit over and over again producing almost no new content or just producing shitty "reality" tv shows.

This is a fair point.

*Recalls the fate of TechTv*

Producing scripted content gets people to talk more about your channel in general.
Plus there's no expensive licensing fees.M either.

Edit: ratings this week were alright. Hopefully they trend up soon.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I believe he meant Tenchi Muyo GXP!

The first admitted failure of a show run on the rebooted TOONAMI. Poorly animated, very boring, and when it wasn't boring, it was offensive as all hell.

I have no idea what you are talking about, Toonami never had a Tenchi show.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'd still rather watch GXP than either Thundercats or Beware the Batman. It's close for BtB, very close.

Oh, Bleach:Hell Verse and the first Shippuden movie are hitting Netflix next month. Never seen Hell Verse, heard it was good. Own the first Shippuden movie (came with the third Wii Naruto fighting game) and it's awful...except the ending is kinda funny.

January is traditionally a down month for the block; you'll see KLK drive momentum, one big spring month (probably March) and then ridiculously high summer ratings.

LOLDSFAN

11:30 PM Attack on Titan 961,000
12:00 AM Dragon Ball Z Kai 850,000
12:30 AM Naruto Shippuden 774,000
1:00 AM InuYasha The Final Act 784,000
1:30 AM One Piece 687,000
2:00 AM Gurren Lagann 575,000
2:30 AM Deadman Wonderland 601,000
3:00 AM Bleach 587,000
3:30 AM Space Dandy 480,000
4:00 AM Cowboy Bebop 495,000
4:30 AM Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd GIG 443,000