• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No way, he clearly does this as a labor of love.

He's way more upfront in various forms of Q+A than any other TV exec ever.

Is there a history of him being the target for these morons?

well, i mean he's essentially made himself a target for anyone that feels like complaining about the block. that probably won't make anyone a happy camper. the Toonami fanbase means well but in general they seem to be hugely reactionary and prone to armchair analysis. we're all pretty much the opposite thankfully since the news about the cut hour turned to jokes almost immediately, but it's incredibly frustrating to watch elsewhere even as someone who isn't nearly as involved with it as DeMarco surely is.

Jarate

Banned
When does DBZ air?

11:30 BABY

DON'T STOP, DON'T STOP! WE'RE IN LUCK NOW!
DON'T STOP, THERE'S SO MUCH TO BE FOUND!
WE CAN FIND PARADISE,
ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS GO! GO! FREE YOUR SOUL.
MYSTERIES ABOUND MADE OF A DEEP ENERGY (ENERGY).
FOES ALL AROUND, BUT I WILL GO FEARLESS AND FREE.
I'LL GIVE YOU STRENGTH, YOU GIVE ME LOVE. THAT'S HOW WE'LL LIVE. (THAT'S HOW WE'LL LIVE)
COURAGE WON'T FADE. IF YOU'RE WITH ME, MY ENEMIES CAN NEVER WIN.

WE WILL FIGHT FOR LOVE AND GLORY. WE WILL LIVE TO TELL THE STORY.
THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN'T LIVE THROUGH - NOTHING EVER DIES; WE WILL RISE AGAIN.

DON'T STOP, KEEP YOUR SPIRIT PROUD.
AND RIDE UPON THE WIND
ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS GO!

DON'T STOP, THERE'S SO MUCH TO BE FOUND.
WE CAN FIND PARADISE.
ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS GO! GO! FREE YOUR SOUL.
DRAGON SOUL!

Jarate

Banned
Breathing a sigh of relief that Toonami wasn't canceled completely during work.

Dont worry, we still got Titties and Ass and the ever revolving shitstorm that will cause

And then next we'll get Cross Ange as they try to get more "shocking" cartoons

And then next we'll get Bible Black!

Just heard the news.
It could be like this everyone around where they put KOTH or other similar shows on during that hour for some parts of the year where ratings are down. It's no big deal anyways. As long as we've got 11:30 to 3 we'll be fine. Anythingelse is just bonus.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, not shocked at the reduction given the not only the ratings but the lackluster month of movies and the sluggishness of January. Moving DBZ Kai to the 11:30 slot is something that should have been done once Attack on Titan was done because its staleness has been suffocating the block. I really hope Kill la Kill has not been sidelined because new shows are needed to sustain the lifeblood of the block.

Jarate

Banned
Yea, not shocked at the reduction given the not only the ratings but the lackluster month of movies and the sluggishness of January. Moving DBZ Kai to the 11:30 slot is something that should have been done once Attack on Titan was done because its staleness has been suffocating the block. I really hope Kill la Kill has not been sidelined because new shows are needed to sustain the lifeblood of the block.

Kill La Kill is still coming in February

And Demarco shouldve known that AoT would take a noseddive after re-airing. Pretty sure there was absolutely 0 buzz around it after it started to air. Most people recognized that it was kind of terrible

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Kill la Kill is still coming on 2/7. It might not necessarily be at 11:30 now, though.

Raxus

It'd seem like a waste not to premiere it at 11:30 or 12:00 (Assuming Toonami doesn't absorb the 11:00 slot)

On a more uplifting note, I got a hearty chuckle out of this thanks to ECG.

B8Dxad8CEAAbO2q.jpg:large

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Okay, that is a relief, Kill la Kill may not be the anime people want be it is the anime we need as trite as it is to say.

Grexeno

Maybe Kill la Kill does premiere at 12 instead of 11:30. It's not a huge difference, and having DBZ be the leadoff may be a good idea.

ckohler

Why do you guys think that KLK won't be on at 11:30 now? Just because this and next week has DBZ at 11:30 doesn't mean they won't shift it back to 12:00 again on Feb. 7.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, as much as Demarco is trying to allay our fears the fact the DBZ just got a rocket jump to the front of the line shows they are in a bit of a panic mode.

I'm not really worried about Toonami going away; worst case scenario we go back to digging through Funimation's bargain bin. And in some ways that was almost more interesting.

Gorillaz

Kill La Kill is still coming in February

And Demarco shouldve known that AoT would take a noseddive after re-airing. Pretty sure there was absolutely 0 buzz around it after it started to air. Most people recognized that it was kind of terrible

I think it's more of the fact that "everyone" saw AoT already and were only interested in how the dubs sounded.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think it's more of the fact that "everyone" saw AoT already and were only interested in how the dubs sounded.
I wouldn't be surprised if this was sort of the case with Kill la Kill, but at least that's still rather new & based on that preview linked a while back, it seems it'll be more "fun" compared to AoT.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Why do you guys think that KLK won't be on at 11:30 now? Just because this and next week has DBZ at 11:30 doesn't mean they won't shift it back to 12:00 again on Feb. 7.

DeMarco said today that KLK's timeslot was now TBD.
LICH KING DEMARCO @Clarknova1 · 8h 8 hours ago
@Clarknova1 And yes, we are still showing Kill La Kill, final air time tbd. You'll know when we know.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kind of sucks KlK isn't opening Toonami up now most likely, but I imagine they'll put the most "popular" or well-known shows up front, like DBZ Kai, Inuyasha, & Naruto as Bass stated.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Part of me wonders if they're waiting for Jojo to finish airing so they know all of the copyrighted stuff that'd have to deal with/change before licensing & dubbing it.

I still can't believe over 6 months have gone without ANY kind of update on if the dub got enough views to warrant a dub, if it tested well, etc.

Part of me wonders if they're waiting for Jojo to finish airing so they know all of the copyrighted stuff that'd have to deal with/change before licensing & dubbing it.

I still can't believe over 6 months have gone without ANY kind of update on if the dub got enough views to warrant a dub, if it tested well, etc.

well....i mean, they can kinda just look at the manga if they wanna know that.

well....i mean, they can kinda just look at the manga if they wanna know that.

You assume the anime continues to largely adapt the manga scene to scene as opposed to doing its own thing or adding/cutting scenes. It'll probably be 1:1 with the manga as it has been I believe but you never know

LOLDSFAN

I dont mean to disrespect him, but he always seems like he has the biggest stick up his ass and never seems like enjoys his job.

Is there a specific reason as to why he does this?

No doubt he loves his job, but I think he just has a very conflict prone personality. Takes things too personally and lashes out to those he feels are attacking him. Also can get on the passive aggressive side at times. The positive is that you get a more raw and down to earth person, but on the downside you get the negatives I posted before.

That's why I still follow him on Twitter (because I <3 Toonami) but have him on mute. :p

Regiruler

Hey jedi, is that Throne in your avatar?

I think I asked in a different thread, but it ended up getting buried. And PMs are awkward.

LOLDSFAN

Dang shame too. We are about to hit an amazing string of weeks. Enies Lobby battles, Vegeta vs. Goku, Kill la Kill premiers, Space Dandy S2, Female Titan arc, etc.

Shippuden should be making its stride too. Next arc should feature an interesting new
filler
character that I'll help explain through the use of images from Final Act.

!!!MAJOR SHIPPUDEN SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

Our new character is a monk from a nearby temple.

tPTCzir.jpg

Main weapon is a claw that uses chakra to increase its attack.

EaDXpWd.jpg

Is a half jinchuriki.
JO5DdNU.jpg

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Dang shame too. We are about to hit an amazing string of weeks. Enies Lobby battles, Vegeta vs. Goku, Kill la Kill premiers, Space Dandy S2, Female Titan arc, etc.
And we were a short 26 weeks until Shippuden got sorta decent too. For shame.

Hey jedi, is that Throne in your avatar?

I think I asked in a different thread, but it ended up getting buried. And PMs are awkward.
Yep! Good old SMT Throne. Ever since my animated gif of Jon Stewart got banned, I've switched between Throne and Scribblenauts Jon Stewart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom