• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gourmet Girl Graffiti Episode 1-3

tumblr_nijn37U6qA1s4cujlo2_500.gif

tumblr_niqzzb5l0r1s4cujlo1_500.gif

tumblr_nie7o7PYNa1qaw4ngo1_500.gif

Move over Shougeki no Souma, there's a new FoodSmut in town.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
ROYAL RUMBLE 2015 review

PRE SHOW

http://i.imgur.com/Ves28yf.gif

DIVAS TAG TEAM MATCH

http://i.imgur.com/1n7QPlV.gif
WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

http://i.imgur.com/hZJcCP8.gif
-- Super Icecream Destruction TURBO!
-- Aww, she's grown up so well! (0.o)
-- Leerum is Kan-Ra in Killer Instinct.

After watching multiple -monogatari series lately (And instantly recognizing the similar style to Negima! and Pani Poni Dash), I instantly knew this was a Shaft show, lol. I am now in a very uncomfortable, confused love.

Wish there was something other than Madoka that was somewhat suitable for Toonami from them; they make wonderful gif-fodder.

After getting through Nisemonogetari, nothing in KLK should phase me anymore, right? ...Right?

Why is the button to make Leeron's chair go nuts under glass anyway?
Better question: why make the function in the first place?

Obviously, this button reacts to how strongly it's pressed! The motion of a person walking by would cause the chair to give a light massage. Thus, it has to be covered at all times,

Soulflarz

Banned
Can't unsee Pokemon-Amie

Why is the button to make Leeron's chair go nuts under glass anyway?
Better question: why make the function in the first place?
Uh

Yeah uh

You see, I want to write it off as TTGL being TTGL, but I'm very curious how this even got into the animation.
"Eh screw it, to use a few seconds, add a button that makes the chair spin. Trust me."

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon R: Episode 75:

Oh, Sailor Moon R you tease, I know you will not kill off the pink spore but hope still does spring eternal, especially since we had to deal with her older, brattier incarnation for a time. Anyway, not only do we meet Sailor Not A Planet anymore but we finally get our first good look at the brain trust behind the Black Moon Clan and gain new insight as to why they desire the Silver Crystal. Also, kudos to this episode for using a premise different from the norm, even if it got a bit confusing when they decided to combine the battle of the mind with the past. Anyway, as far as Sailor Super Model goes, meeting her is about all she does aside from giving her job description and generic helpful advice and serving as the mind conduit. Really this was a weaker episode out of the current crop since it mainly retread the ground we have already covered vis a vis the growing and changing relationship between Chibi-Usa and the ever maturing Sailor Moon. Mild recommendation to watch but you would not be missing to much if you skipped this one.

Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon R: Episode 76:

Ah, it was nice while it lasted but we have officially returned to formula as Esmeraude is put in charge of conquering the past and I'll say this right now, she is a downgrade from Rubeus and his henchgirls. Esmeraude just comes across as somebody who has clearly slept her way to the top and is kind of out of her depth; A rather one-dimensional caricature of your typical anime noblewoman complete with laugh, overconfidence, arrogance and pettiness. Straight from central casting this one is and she is doing the exact same plans her predecessor was doing only attempting things in a much more obnoxious way. Oh, right another albatross of this season, the Mamoru-Usagi-Chibi-Usa "love triangle" is truly one of the most insipid things I have had to watch romantically speaking. It isn't funny, it isn't believable and everybody involved just looks worse when the attempt a dalliance in this ocean of stupidity. Overall, strong recommendation to avoid this episode.

Raxus

After reading the Q/A I'm wondering: What exactly is Intruder? Is it like a 30 minute animated thing based on TOM?

It is sequel to a short way back when in Toonami when the Absolution was invaded by an alien that wound up killing him until he resurrected to Tom 2.0.

Can somebody do me a favor and either link Meta's preview post from Saturday or tell me what episodes of the following shows aired:

Shippuden
Final Act
One Piece
Gurren Lagaan
Deadman Wonderland
GitS

Raxus

Tonight on a newly shortened Toonami, it's time to wish Goku back to life with the Dragon Balls, Naruto and Sakura FINALLY meet Sasuke again, Kagome has to get a sacred bow to protect Kikyo, the Straw Hats have made it to the Tower of Justice Kool-Aid Man style so let the battles with CP9 begin!, Simon is put on trial but that doesn't mean Gurren Lagann won't be needed to protect Kamina City in the mean time, Ganta faces off against the mysterious inmate who may not be the Red Man after all, at what time did you think Hitsugaya wasn't terrible?, the Aloha Oe crew goes fishin' for a changling, the Bebop runs afoul of some eco-terrorists, Ishikawa returns from Korea with all kinds of stories about Hideo Kuze's past, Takeshi has a run-in with Cunningham, and finally a robot is blackmailed by Aku into hunting down Jack.

11:30 - Dragonball Z Kai - 8 - Shenron Appears! The Saiyans Arrive Sooner than Expected!
12:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 51 - Reunion
12:30 - Inuyasha: The Final Act - 7 - The Mausoleum of Mount Azusa
1:00 - One Piece - 285 - Obtain the 5 Keys! The Straw Hat Pirates vs. CP9!
1:30 - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - 19 - We Will Survive by Any Means Necessary
2:00 - Deadman Wonderland - 4 - Crow Claw
2:30 - Bleach - 293 - Hitsugaya, Enraged! Blade of Hatred!
3:00 - Space Dandy - 12 - Nobody Knows the Chameleon Alien, Baby
3:30 - Cowboy Bebop (Uncut) - 4 - Gateway Shuffle
4:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - 16 - ANOTHER CHANCE
4:30 - IGPX - 4 - The Ghost
5:00 - Samurai Jack - 50 - Tale of X-9

There you go.

You da best, Rax

By the way I'm absolutely hooked on DRRR. Can't believe I missed this on Adult Swim; it's probably the best thing I've watched over the last 12 months besides the
Sabody Archipelago
arc in One Piece.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Today in Japanese 101, I learned sanji = 3 'o clock, shippo = tail, & One Piece spoilers in a picture used to practice our counting = RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

.......well, not really spoilers & more of "Hey, here's some characters that appear later on".....which I already know about cuz Pirate Warriors 2.

ckohler

Some of those shots are from the finale of the OVA episode that takes place after the series ended. So, maybe a bit more than minor spoilers but they only flash on the screen for a second or two.

Anyway, that was a very cool build. I still think the replica one that was auctioned off at this past year's Desert Bus for Hope is more accurate looking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0oyeAyFDcg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I love you ManGod

Filler Hell, better animated than some scenes in Shippuden?

WITHOUT A DOUBT.

Early filler hell is rough but not quite as lazy as early Shippuden.

Tons of face faults and off model, but the vast majority of it is better than what TOONAMI has aired so far. It's just another example of the mind playing tricks on all of us thinking that Canon > Non-Canon. Which just so happens to not be the case this time.

Xg8cNhL.gif

Some of those shots are from the finale of the OVA episode that takes place after the series ended. So, maybe a bit more than minor spoilers but they only flash on the screen for a second or two.

Anyway, that was a very cool build. I still think the replica one that was auctioned off at this past year's Desert Bus for Hope is more accurate looking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0oyeAyFDcg

They're both cool, but the Man at Arms blade was made to be more practical in actual combat.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kind of hoped for Midnight, but 12:30 is good as well. Think they want a stronger lead in with DBZ & Naruto knowing that has the bigger fanbase due to nostalgia & such.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Honestly this is how I would shape the schedule if I were in charge, I will never understand how people like this Shippuden anime series, but they do, and it brings the ratings.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Honestly this is how I would shape the schedule if I were in charge, I will never understand how people like this Shippuden anime series, but they do, and it brings the ratings.

It will "git gud" later this year and remain good for a while.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This is a long ass time to get good, the patience exhibited by the fanbase is actually admirable.

People were brainwashed by how well canon Naruto ended is my explanation. The nearly two years of Non-Canon™ material that followed only excited them more and the hype generated made them overlook a lot of flaws.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This is a long ass time to get good, the patience exhibited by the fanbase is actually admirable.
Seriously. I'm amazed at how patient the younger fans can be at times. I mean, I couldn't get into the original DBZ because it felt like nothing would happen in an episode. Not to mention as a teen, I dropped Bleach during the Bound arc and Naruto not too long after that episode where they try to look under Kakashi's mask.

One Piece was testing my patience with the Skypiea arc about a third way in before CN took it off the air.

Inuyasha, man, I only had that on the TV because a friend wanted me to record it for him because he didn't have satellite or cable.

It was around the point Toonami is currently at when marathoning the Naruto manga for the first time that I really began to notice just much of a mess everything was. I can imagine the crazy hype helped to hide some of the imperfections of early Shippuden when it first aired.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It was around the point Toonami is currently at when marathoning the Naruto manga for the first time that I really began to notice just much of a mess everything was. I can imagine the crazy hype helped to hide some of the imperfections of early Shippuden when it first aired.

People who did notice the pacing/animation issues were yelled down.

Kakashi has a Shirleygan laser! This dude makes C-4! Sasooke is evil and has a sword!

daveo42

Banned
People were brainwashed by how well canon Naruto ended is my explanation. The nearly two years of Non-Canon™ material that followed only excited them more and the hype generated made them overlook a lot of flaws.

This is pretty much what got me through this first block of Shippuden episodes. What killed it for me was the next filler arc. After over a year of terrible pacing and two years of filler content, more filler felt like a slap in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom