• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
It's probably not a coincidence that a lot of Toonami's troubles began once Bleach left the front of the block. It was always the lynchpin of anime Saturdays.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I don't think Bleach is the problem. DBZ has filled in just fine, I think.
And I'm sure it will be. But there's always going to be a ratings dip when you try and switch between your headliners. There's gonna be a bunch of long time Bleach watchers who will tune out for a few weeks while it takes the Dragonball fans to realize that Adult Swim is airing it now. But due to bad timing, this period of change occured at the same time as the month of movies, a bunch of schedule changes and the weakened back half of the block. So I can't help but think that had Bleach still been around to start each night of Toonami (before the nightly movie or any other changes), then Toonami would've weathered December a lot better.

As they say, a consistent schedule is vital to TV scheduling.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
0nmxide.gif

bigkrev

I don't know what a dengeki bunko is

A fighting game based on the properties of a Light Novel publisher in Japan, along with some Sega characters. The series you are likely most familiar with from it are Sword Art Online and Durarara, and it has Sega characters from Valkyria Chronicles and Virtua Fighter.

It's insane that a licensing nightmare like this can come out in the USA.

LOLDSFAN

DeMarco's ask.fm:

Is One Piece doing ok? Should I worry about it's future on the block?

One Piece is not doing as well as we'd like. It's not in any immediate danger, but it was moved later for a reason. Get your friends to watch!

You better watch youself OP, Fairy Tail's got yo number.

tumblr_nf2yya0Siy1twyezqo1_500.gif

Tenumi

Banned
I know I'll be staying up the full length for the new schedule. Only bit that doesn't interest me is the 1-2 hour, but the 2-3:30 more than makes up for that.

Grexeno

Again I really want somebody to press Demarco on this but I know he means well and that he'll just fly into an "internet rage" so it isn't worth it :/
Maybe someone should press him in person at Momocon. He'll have a harder time flying into a rage at "real-life Toonami fan concerned about block's performance" than "anonymous Internet troll".

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You shouldn't unless you are into mostly (though not exclusively) shitty anime/games. Since I assume everybody here has good taste until proven otherwise (LOL) I find it hard to imagine most here would care.
But don't you want to beat up Kirito from SAO with Shizuo from Durarara?! WITH CELTY AS YOUR ASSIST?!? & then have Akira from Virtual Fighter use Alicia from Valkyria Chronicles as his assist to K.O Miyuki from Irregular at Magic High School on a Green Hill Zone stage?!

.....also Sadao from Devil is a Part-Timer is an assist as well.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Again I really want somebody to press Demarco on this but I know he means well and that he'll just fly into an "internet rage" so it isn't worth it :/

Both of these things actually happened a few days ago.

https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/560207315560071168

789shadow ‏@789shadow Jan 27

@buildknuckle @ShardShinjuku @Clarknova1's policy is that there is no such thing as filler. He may need to rethink that.
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
LICH KING DEMARCO ‏@Clarknova1 Jan 27

@789shadow @buildknuckle @ShardShinjuku ZING COOL COMMENT BRO
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

daveo42

Banned
Seriously. At the very least, it's not in danger, and the plot is finally picking up again, so hopefully it'll stay.

It getting pushed back in the block might not do it any favors though. Hopefully there's enough carry in from previous shows on the block to keep OPs numbers high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom