• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
If OP stops airing I'll be sad since I just caught up to you guys...
And blame bass for my wasted life. :p

Also- hummingbird? YES! You guys will love this, I'm staying for it!

If OP stops airing I'll be sad since I just caught up to you guys...
And blame bass for my wasted life. :p

Also- hummingbird? YES! You guys will love this, I'm staying for it!

Well if OP ever does get pulled from Toonami heave forbid you should keep on watching the series on your own as it only gets better and better

One rerun slot sounds ok. Dandy Season 2 or HD Bebop will probably replace Deadman.

Makes the most sense, you can alternate via Dandy -> Bebop HD -> GitS -> IGPX -> Samurai Jack -> Big O S2

This is assuming of course that slot doesn't get axed, or things don't pick up and they gain a slot or two back.

Grexeno

Makes the most sense, you can alternate via Dandy -> Bebop HD -> GitS -> IGPX -> Samurai Jack -> Big O S2

This is assuming of course that slot doesn't get axed, or things don't pick up and they gain a slot or two back.
I think they'll replace Deadman with HD Bebop, most likely. They had JUST gotten the rights when they lost the back half, and they can air Dandy literally whenever they want at no cost.

I think they'll replace Deadman with HD Bebop, most likely. They had JUST gotten the rights when they lost the back half, and they can air Dandy literally whenever they want at no cost.

Yeah you're right, pretty sure we'll see Dandy after Bebop HD then who knows after that if Toonami will still be around

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm fine with one slot being for reruns. It'll keep things fresh instead of having the same repeats over & over. Seriously hope we'll get Space Dandy S2 again. But it'll probably be Cowboy Bebop due to getting the HD version & that's popular.

12-4 would probably be the perfect length. 6 new premieres followed by 2 rerun slots.
I'd be fine by this as well.

Grexeno

It's kind of weird how all the reruns EXCEPT ONE got cut. Did [as] get to the 3:00 show and say "this slot was actually fine in ratings"?

Grexeno

I wonder if the shortened block will give people more incentive to watch the whole thing.
It doesn't really make logical sense to me that someone would say "I want to watch the first half of Toonami but don't really want to stay up for the last half, so I won't watch at all or I'll just watch a tiny bit."

But we've had a bunch of people in this thread basically say that they'll be watching the whole thing since it's shorter, so what do I know?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It doesn't really make logical sense to me that someone would say "I want to watch the first half of Toonami but don't really want to stay up for the last half, so I won't watch at all or I'll just watch a tiny bit."

But we've had a bunch of people in this thread basically say that they'll be watching the whole thing since it's shorter, so what do I know?

The new schedule is probably cheaper and easier to maintain is all. Why go through all the effort digging around for shows when that part of the night will have basically the same ratings no matter what you show, short of bringing Inuyasha back.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
It's kind of weird how all the reruns EXCEPT ONE got cut. Did [as] get to the 3:00 show and say "this slot was actually fine in ratings"?
They cut all the shows they weren't actively paying money to air. There's no point in cutting Deadman if they already paid money to reair it.

The reviews for Sling TV have been very positive. If the app becomes widely available, I might be tempted to cut the cord and make the switch.

That's only if Dish doesn't screw over Turner again.

bigkrev

The reviews for Sling TV have been very positive. If the app becomes widely available, I might be tempted to cut the cord and make the switch.

That's only if Dish doesn't screw over Turner again.

It's missing too many important channels to me (USA, Syfy, Fox Sports1, FX, FXX) for me to even think about at this point, in addition to local sports channels. If I lived outside of my local market, that could be fixed with NHL Center Ice and MLB At Bat Live, but won't work now because of where I live

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wouldn't mind Sling, but no FXX (i.e no Simpsons) kind of sucks, & I have DVR which really helps to record some shows that airs while I'm at college.

Think another problem is my internet isn't all that great because I'm out on the border of town & our options are limited.

ckohler

I'm switching to Sling TV the moment I get an invitation. It's perfect because the only channel I want is CN/Adult Swim and this is the only service to offer that channel live in a package under $40 in my area.

daveo42

Banned
I'm switching to Sling TV the moment I get an invitation. It's perfect because the only channel I want is CN/Adult Swim and this is the only service to offer that channel live in a package under $40 in my area.

I'll be considering this when I move back into my own place and then having stand alone internet. The major thing this lacks right now is AMC, which doesn't even have its own web streaming service yet. If AMC was on board with Sling TV, I wouldn't even need to think about getting it.

BBboy20

Well,another big medicial descion is going to be chosen on the 12th of February to given on what to do with my short circuitry that has been happening in the middle of my heart in the last two months, something as I've came to discover yesterday at UC Davis from the data my ICD has recorded that the heart technicians helped articulate to me. Apparently my heart was in trouble 5 times since December, two of them was close enough to activate defibrillation but what is troubling is that I have no idea the few times I felt something jumpy about my heart was the reaching of cardiac arrest or just adrenalin from being evoked by strong emotions which then he told that shouldn't be the cause of those spikes. Until then, beta-blockers and baby aspirins for me.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Well,another big medicial descion is going to be chosen on the 12th of February to given on what to do with my short circuitry that has been happening in the middle of my heart in the last two months, something as I've came to discover yesterday at UC Davis from the data my ICD has recorded that the heart technicians helped articulate to me. Apparently my heart was in trouble 5 times since December, two of them was close enough to activate defibrillation but what is troubling is that I have no idea the few times I felt something jumpy about my heart was the reaching of cardiac arrest or just adrenalin from being evoked by strong emotions which then he told that shouldn't be the cause of those spikes. Until then, beta-blockers and baby aspirins for me.

Don't let The Ruin conquer you!

Don't fret. We can rebuild you. We have the technology.

You will truly become Cyborg.

Best of luck, Bboy. Keep us posted on your condition, bro.

Hope you get better buddy. You'll be a real cyborg soon enough.

daveo42

Banned

Good luck and stay strong man. Heart issues really suck and I hope the doctors can get you and your heart all sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom