• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This is the year Bacanno makes the jump. I can feeeel it.

It's too nonlinear for the average viewer. As much as I think we'd have fun with it, the whole thing would just wind up like Black Lagoon. People have shitty taste so we can't have nice things.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Baccano is way too non-linear and would require a lot of attention to figure out the plot, which I don't think is the type of show people want to watch at 2 AM in the morning.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Monster managed to get an entire run through on Syfy somehow. Not easy considering it's 74 episodes long. It supposedly ran on the Funimation Channel at one point for the 5 people who have that.

Unfortunately, we'll probably never see it again.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Monster managed to get an entire run through on Syfy somehow. Not easy considering it's 74 episodes long. It supposedly ran on the Funimation Channel at one point for the 5 people who have that.

Unfortunately, we'll probably never see it again.

It also ran on a network called Chiller, Viz brought Monster over to the US. Though oddly enough looking it up on Wikipedia it did air on Funimation Channel as well, which is very odd to say the least. While it was from what I understand the biggest hit on Ani-Mondays, it did terribly on DVD, to the point where Viz stopped releasing it and let the license expire.

We'll have to bait Andrex back with Hot Pockets.

hurley_burrito.gif

BBboy20

Seriously, what is Clash of Clans?
I see commercials all the time, and hear that it's one of the only games that executives care about (if Jim Sterling's anonymous guy is right), but ... what is it?

They really want us to watch Inherent Vice.
If you're a fan of non-XXX rated films, serendipitous mini-stories,eccentric-yet-sappy love stories, the dark side of the American dream, and this...well, then you should be excited! =D

The fucked up part is new viewers aren't going to get the context for this touching scene.
Yep because I'm not exactly sure what that is about.

Man, if Shinji had even one ounce of Simon's self-confidence, he'd have conquered the world.
Well, after 2nd impact, that's not saying much.

It was the One-Armed Man
capgif

Life's a bitch. Sure is Ms. G
edit : Hold them Shiny Shiny til next week
http://youtu.be/HEwSfbE9IXc

People love bitch G tits and candy

dSFnzef.png
Some were attempting #JusticeForGanta...I have no idea if that is awesome or horrible.

All time-travel movies pretty much have massive plot holes because humans can't really comprehend the concept.
Why do we keep making them?

This part of the episode solidified me watching this series ever since Adult Swim first broadcasted it such a long time ago.
I have no idea what exactly kept me watching but I'm glad I did.

What I know for sure though is that Cowboy Bebop and Metal Gear Solid 2 solidified my interest in voice actors; what a time to be 13.

Why do the police shoot them up? Shouldn't they 800 police ships try to catch them?
If like America right now, naw.

Jack really is kind of a dope. Just kill Aku there and look for time travel without any problems.
How do you kill Aku without being a god? Jack defeated him in the cemetery and it still wasn't enough.

tumblr_n7zzpd30aZ1qzdfwko1_400.gif

I still don't know how to feel about this movie. It seems Spielburg is a big fan of the original movie, so maybe they'll do their best to try & stick with the source material. But I still fear the movie as a whole isn't going to be good. Doesn't help the director hasn't done anything great & the script writer hasn't done much.

What I hate the most is that if it turns out bad, the people who never saw/heard of GitS will think "Damn, this sucked, why should I bother researching about this series more?" and they won't bother to watch the better, original stuff while fans will obviously be mad in how the source material was treated.
Having it take place in the American Empire would actually put some faith in the project as they no longer will be the appearance of white washing or shoehorning Japanese juxpliation into a Western-driven adaption and it would be actual world building.

I have no idea what the plot is going to be and I have no idea if it's going to be dumbed down or not. Like, the best case scenario would be mediocre if going down that root because I have no idea if Hollywood is going to allow long-winded, laser-focused conversations to be filmed. Like, that stuff is as important as all the all tech that goes on in that series. Doesn't help us Westerners just have different sensibilities. Philosophy is an universal trait but nationality is also an important aspect so I have no idea how they are going to do this precisely with an Western cast of a series that makes Japan's problems a big deal. I mean, what, the writer is going to find comparisons to the West's or whatever place the movie takes place' traits to Japan and convey them in a highly complex manner (and assuming it makes sense)?

It's funny that blackhat film is coming out. Why I say this? Because, from a representation of professionals being professionals, Michael Mann would the perfect director in regards of this situation, it's just too bad he's making a story like that set in modern times then in the future where hackers who also have an army of goons would then actually seem like a real thing then right now. That still leaves out all the intellectual themes but that is another topic.

ckohler

My expectations for this week's upcoming episodes:

Attack on Titan - :|
Dragonball Z Kai - :D
Naruto Shippuden - Zzzz
Inuyasha: The Final Act - :)
One Piece - :)
Straw Hat Theater - ?:)
Gurren Lagann - :D
Deadman Wonderland - :D
Bleach - ?:/
Space Dandy - :)
Cowboy Bebop (Uncut) - :)

daveo42

Banned
Episode 284 aired on November 29th.

Bleach didn't air at all during December.

Episode 290 aired on January 3rd.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They don't think anyone cares enough about Bleach to care about skipping a few episodes and they would be right in that assumption. Besides, we didn't really miss all that much did we?

Grexeno

Can anyone else try watching something like Rage of Bahamut on Funimation's site and tell me if it's locked behind a paywall? I'm getting a paywall even for episodes that should be available for free users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom