• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
When was the last time the Toonami tumblr did a Q&A? Feels like they're due for one soon.

Also now I kind of want Toonami to do a review on J-Stars Victory Vs.+ since it has 4 of their shows (Bleach, One Piece, Naruto, & DBZ...or the shows that BOND Toonami) together

Raxus

Seems that moving I:FA us was the right call that retention rate from Shippuden to Final Act is crazy

Final Act always brought in the ratings even in the later slot. It was a wise move moving it up.

Plus it probably didn't lull viewers to sleep like slowpudden.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I am not sure why the AS Brain-trust was so shocked that The Final Act was doing well in the ratings, the first series was always a solid earner and arguably the second biggest breakout hit of the Adult Swim Action days.

LOLDSFAN

crijfq3.gif

The full lineup:
Code:
                                                          A1849    Viewers  A1849
Net   Time Dur  Program                   HH                rtg     (000)   (000)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ADSM 11:30  30  ATTACK ON TITAN           0.8             0.5       1,061     587
ADSM 12:00a 30  DRAGON BALL Z KAI         0.7             0.4         940     491
ADSM 12:30a 30  NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN         0.6             0.4         866     480
ADSM  1:00a 30  INUYASHA: THE FINAL ACT   0.6             0.4         850     506
ADSM  1:30a 30  ONE PIECE                 0.5             0.3         692     386
ADSM  2:00a 30  GURREN LAGANN             0.5             0.3         623     328
ADSM  2:30a 30  DEADMAN WONDERLAND        0.5             0.3         634     342
ADSM  3:00a 30  BLEACH                    0.5             0.3         640     353
ADSM  3:30a 30  SPACE DANDY               0.4             0.3         606     338
ADSM  4:00a 30  COWBOY BEBOP              0.5             0.3         600     347
ADSM  4:30a 30  GHOST IN SHELL: 2ND GIG   0.4             0.2         532     269
ADSM  5:00a 30  IGPX: IMMORTAL GRAND PRIX 0.4             0.2         528     262
ADSM  5:30a 30  SAMURAI JACK              0.4             0.2         498     253

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/tv-ratings/saturday-final-nationals-nbc-routs-nfl-wild-card-game/

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Guess they should switch Bleach and Deadman.

Considering how many people will drop off just by attrition as the night goes along that very slight difference does not matter. When the lower show clobbers a big portion of the lineup ahead of it that's when changes occur.

whew. just got done with a really fucking long recording session where we all figured out which Toonami shows deserved to be given awards in these categories:

Best Promo
Best Song
Best Bump Music
Most Quotable
Worst Moment
Best Moment
Worst-Looking
Best-Looking
Worst Ending
Best Ending
Biggest Disappointment
Biggest Surprise
Best Cast
Worst Character
Best Character
Voice Actor of the Year
Worst Show
Best Show

One Piece is killing the back end

Anyone know the original ratings for DMWL when it originally aired?

5/26/12 860,000
6/2/12 1,107,000
6/9/12 808,000
6/16/12 968,000
6/23/12 980,000
6/30/12 885,000
7/7/12 814,000
7/14/12 761,000
7/21/12 1,041,000
7/28/12 753,000
8/4/12 894,000
8/11/12 764,000

Keep in mind this was a 12:30 slot

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yeah, totally. I figured the ratings wouldn't be as high now that it's a rerun 2 hours later into the night. Still seems to be doing alright though.

Jarate

Banned
Are wall gonna start putting our own pictures as avatars?

Ya'll have already seen me though, and I'd hate to replace my current GOAT avatar

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
One Piece is still in recaps, right?
Previous episode was Sanji & Chopper recaps. I'm guessing this week is Robin & how they met her & then FINALLY back to getting the plot into motion again.

Ah it is nice to have a new anime season started.

Tomorrow is the JoJo hype train again finally!
Yeah, not much for me this season, but looking forward to Jojo, Assassination Classroom, more Shirobako, &...that's actually it. There's really not much else this season that I can't think of that I'd have interest in.

Raxus

Yep. One more to go and we are back to Enies Lobby.

While most of this season's anime is pretty sparce I have a lot of hold overs from previous seasons like Parasyte and Gundam Build Fighters Try (whose last episode was amazing!)

daveo42

Banned

Yeah, but we've been seeing some serious drops for OP for a long while now. I hope those numbers will climb back up once we are out of recaps, but from how it looks right now, Final Act will remain the stronger show on the block.

Seda

Right, we've seen the Naruto-->One Piece drop consistently for a while. Inuyasha has done better this one week anyway.

Oh my god! Daveo42 is a neckbeard!
jk I also have a beard

And some of you guys seem to be worried about drop-offs, but that's probably the least thing that AS is worried about. Demos matter more than ratings.

Grexeno

Probably very little chance of this actually happening, but I'd like to see another Enies Lobby promo this week just to remind viewers "ok you can watch again the recaps are over."

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Previous episode was Sanji & Chopper recaps. I'm guessing this week is Robin & how they met her's actions during Water 7 and her Ohara childhood backstory that you just saw a few episodes ago & then FINALLY back to getting the plot into motion again.

Fixed that for accuracy.

Raxus

Fun Fact: I have had 2 nosebleeds the past few weeks.

One of them came when I was
taking a crap.
It scared the hell out of me

The other was viewing some lewd content you pervert!

You are such a baka bigkrev-kun!

*Tsun Tsun runs away*
Ugh, seriously? Makes me want the plot to get moving again even more.

Sadly yes. Just gotta survive one more week.

daveo42

Banned
Ugh, seriously? Makes me want the plot to get moving again even more.

We've been hinting at the absolute insanity of this recap episode for some time now. Just in case you missed it the first time around, they show you it again a few weeks later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom