• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Phew, got my wisdom teeth removed a few hours ago. Went really well & not feeling a ton of side effects (didn't even feel "out of it" from anesthesia afterwards). Just sucks my food choices are limited for a week or so.

Wouldn't mind being able to meet a few online people in person, but of course I'm in MI, the state where it feels like nothing exciting happens.

Phew, got my wisdom teeth removed a few hours ago. Went really well & not feeling a ton of side effects (didn't even feel "out of it" from anesthesia afterwards). Just sucks my food choices are limited for a week or so.

Wouldn't mind being able to meet a few online people in person, but of course I'm in MI, the state where it feels like nothing exciting happens.

My dentist has been trying to get me to do this for 5 years now but I'm too scared/lazy to do it. Probably should get it done while I'm under my parents insurance policy though..I think you get dropped at 26.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My dentist has been trying to get me to do this for 5 years now but I'm too scared/lazy to do it. Probably should get it done while I'm under my parents insurance policy though..I think you get dropped at 26.
I pretty much didn't even know they did it. i was laying in the back of the chair breathing oxygen through my nose, & I think one small needle prick later, I woke up to realize an hour had passed & it was done. Heck, I pretty much felt normal aside from feeling a bit tired & having gauze in my mouth, which I took out an hour later. Only thing now is being careful what I eat/drink (no hot stuff or carbonated drinks) & take 4 different pills for the time being.

I got lucky since I was still covered on my dad's insurance as it lowered the total cost about $1,000.

Dentist told me to do it for...2 years, maybe? It was only now that the left wisdom teeth were hurting me, & seeing the teeth afterwards, the top left one looked as bad as I expected.

Grexeno

I pretty much didn't even know they did it. i was laying in the back of the chair breathing oxygen through my nose, & I think one small needle prick later, I woke up to realize an hour had passed & it was done. Heck, I pretty much felt normal aside from feeling a bit tired & having gauze in my mouth, which I took out an hour later. Only thing now is being careful what I eat/drink (no hot stuff or carbonated drinks) & take 4 different pills for the time being.

I got lucky since I was still covered on my dad's insurance as it lowered the total cost about $1,000.

Dentist told me to do it for...2 years, maybe? It was only now that the left wisdom teeth were hurting me, & seeing the teeth afterwards, the top left one looked as bad as I expected.
This is pretty much how it went for me, too. One second I'm talking to the dentist, next second I'm walking out the door wondering what the fuck just happened.

daveo42

Banned
This is pretty much how it went for me, too. One second I'm talking to the dentist, next second I'm walking out the door wondering what the fuck just happened.

I came to laying face down in a pool of my own spit.

The tooth fairy isn't real.

tumblr_m8mfpfwTor1r6ubhho1_500.gif

Ehh I don't think the episode was THAT good, it's nice to have JJBA back, but save that reaction for when we get to the inevitable Jotaro vs Dio fight.

SPECULATE.

>Papenbrook linking to it
>Promoting the DUB of Season 1, in preparation for Season 2
>The site has a link to Adult Swim's schedule

It's happening?

Maybe I should go watch the dub of DRRR season 1 <_<

Edit: Where is the link to AS's schedule?

Edit 2: It's only on the Durarara 1 English website as it should since the anime originally aired on Adult Swim, they probably just didn't take the link down after it stopped airing

Edit 3: Then again if we were to get another simuldub it would probably happen around the time Gurren Lagann would be ending on Toonami and both are Aniplex shows, maybe it is happening

I guess the question is now, should I watch DRRR S1 dub on Crunchy in case Toonami only airs S2 this spring? Or do I wait and see if they announce plans to air both seasons back 2 back.

Edit: Thinking about it it would work out well if they did air Durarara s2 dub after Gurren Lagann ended, by the time DRRR s2 ended they could air SAO s2 which would probably be ready to go by then.

Jarate

Banned

Get really high for Toonami and become the target audience

Man God

Non-Canon Member
We still need to get Eureka Seven AO, obviously.

I've mainly been happy as fuck Man God in this thread. You want to see sad and mopey Man God, Toonami thread? Wait until this is aired.

I...I still haven't watched it. I've heard...things that would ruin my day. The movie did a number on me and I heard from people with similar opinions to mine that AO is far, far worse.

Moaradin

I recently watched E7 for the first time and I decided to check out AO after to see what the fuss is about. Big fucking mistake.

Let's just say if you want to ruin your happy memories of E7, watch AO.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Assassination Classroom is so going to be on Toonami sometime this year or next. Feels like a fit so far.

I don't know...
I've read the manga, and while there is action, there's also a lot of comedy. Sometimes entire arcs that are just comedy-based.

Plus, the subject matter might be hard to air on American TV. A classroom full of students trying to kill their teacher with guns. Sure, they're harmless to humans, but the whole "guns in the classroom" thing is a very touchy subject in the States.
It's the same reason Viz won't translate the series in International Jump. Better reason than Soma's "wah too lewd", at least that finally made it in.

But we'll see, I could be proven wrong.

BatDan

Does the funimation allaccess pass have the up to date One Piece episodes?

You can watch up to date One Piece episodes on Crunchyroll and One Piece Official for free. Granted they're not in HD and you need to pay for that.

Unless you mean dub episodes then... I believe so.

Raxus

Assassination Classroom is so going to be on Toonami sometime this year or next. Feels like a fit so far.

Wait in see. We just covered the premise, which is solid. I hear good things from the manga but who knows what turn the anime will make going forward.

It is nice having JoJo back.

This arc is going to be good. Shame about the ending and opening though. Great visually but I feel a bit cold to both songs at the moment.
We still need to get Eureka Seven AO, obviously.
Yes, that way there will be no more Eureka Seven fans on Toonami.

Raxus

Weird that HxH and Parasyte don't have dubs. Seems like none of my favorite series from the past few years have gotten dubbed.

Parasyte MIGHT be picked up. It hasn't even finished its second half. HxH rights were picked up but I suspect a weeaboo is sitting on it.

I hope we hear more news about a JoJo dub soon. It seems like a no brainer. It'd be nice to have uncensored JoJo as well. Tokyo Ghoul's dub announcement should arrive any day now (if it hasn't already).

Lesbian Bear Storm should be simulcast as a failsafe to terminate Toonami.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
THE HELL.

THERE'S A NEW YATTERMAN ANIME?

AND I WASN'T INFORMED OF THIS WHY.

*sees Doronjo is much younger & the series is meant to be more serious* I don't know how to feel about that.

Crocodile

Glad to hear it went well. My dentist has been pestering me to get my rm3 removed and rm2 worked on for what seems years now. I haven't been too keen on getting parts of my body excised (since it clearly won't kill me to leave it alone) but I might have to at some point :/

THE HELL.

THERE'S A NEW YATTERMAN ANIME?

AND I WASN'T INFORMED OF THIS WHY.

*sees Doronjo is much younger & the series is meant to be more serious* I don't know how to feel about that.

Yeah I'm hoping it turns out well but I fear the last bit might be "Japan going to Japan" and has me worried a bit. We'll see tomorrow I guess.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah I'm hoping it turns out well but I fear the last bit might be "Japan going to Japan" and has me worried a bit. We'll see tomorrow I guess.
I just hope they don't use the running gag of the original of the fact there's an explosion which results in shredded clothing on all three of them (never to the point of nudity, but it'd get close for what was considered a kid's show, but Japan standards =/= US standards) until she's possibly grown up to a closer age of the original Doronjo.

Yatterman Sins
I wonder if it'll be like that or more among the lines of Gatchaman Crowds where it just was nowhere near as silly as the original series, but still had its lighthearted moments (which considering how comedic the original & new series were, I think it'l be more like that). & this is to celebrate 40 years of the Time Bokan series as well.

Crocodile

It will round out the trilogy

Casshern Sins
Gatchaman Crowds
Yatterman Night

Iunderstoodthatreference.gif
The Batman vs. Superman movie is going to be a CLUSTERFUCK. I can feel it.

I just hope they don't use the running gag of the original of the fact there's an explosion which results in shredded clothing on all three of them (never to the point of nudity, but it'd get close for what was considered a kid's show, but Japan standards =/= US standards) until she's possibly grown up to a closer age of the original Doronjo.

I wonder if it'll be like that or more among the lines of Gatchaman Crowds where it just was nowhere near as silly as the original series, but still had its lighthearted moments (which considering how comedic the original & new series were, I think it'l be more like that). & this is to celebrate 40 years of the Time Bokan series as well.

I was not aware that was a running gag with them. Plz don't make this awkward Japan :/ I mean its the same studio that did Yozakura Quartet but at least its not the same director. Lets hope they keep the sweet animation and not some of the questionable aspects.

BatDan

Oh man, the next episode of Death Battle is going to burn the internet in flame wars again.
Gaara vs. Toph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom