• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Avatar character, blind female earth bender who teaches Ang how to bend earth. Fight is a silly match up though unless they take part 2 just lost the tail beast Gaara the battle isn't even close.

Seriously.
They could have at least done Gaara vs. Crocodile, but I get the feeling they're not doing One Piece characters until the series ends. ... so never as One Piece won't end for a looong time, and it's doubtful Death Battle will still be going.

But yeah, this is a poor match-up. Toph is deader than dead.

Seriously.
They could have at least done Gaara vs. Crocodile, but I get the feeling they're not doing One Piece characters until the series ends. ... so never as One Piece won't end for a looong time, and it's doubtful Death Battle will still be going.

But yeah, this is a poor match-up. Toph is deader than dead.

Or Gaara vs Iggy or any number of video game/anime/movie characters with sand powers. I think Gaara vs Mummy 1999 would be pretty fun.

I'm not big on matchups, but it doesn't take a genius to know that even pre-timeskip Gaara stomps Toph.

Toph is still best girl

Maybe in a hypothetical situation where it was pre-time skip Gaara without his tailed beast to enhance his power the match up would be debatable, even then Gaara would still have the advantage.

Speaking of Avatar, did Korra get a lot better after the 2nd season?

I remember being massively disappointed when
Steve Blum's character had one of the most anticlimactic deaths ever in the first season and I quit watching in the middle of the 2nd season because it was just boring.

ckohler

I also have to chime in that Avatar: The Last Airbender is one of the best animated shows out there.
The first season has a few "meh" episodes but after that it gets soo good. And that finale... holy wow.

Also, I'm glad to see so many of you guys returning for tomorrow night! :D

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If I actually wanted to pick a repeat that would keep me awake an extra hour after TOONAMI...it would probably be Casshew.

Raxus

Durarara!! x2

Andrex/10
7vJKSqU.gif

Aldnoah Zero S2

redlettermedia-short-o.gif

daveo42

Banned
It probably comes down to personal tastes, but I found both shows to be generally good, with some episodes bordering on astounding. I didn't think a show produced in the West, especially one that aired on Nick, could have any sort of depth or substance. ALTA proved that wrong and the show has pretty much held up, even with its missteps in the first two seasons of Korra.

I know some people just won't like it, but I'd say it's worth giving it a shot if you haven't already.

Gorillaz

speaking of SAO still need to finish my drunk watch of it and since I'm snowed in because I live in fucking ohio I have all the time to spare

Aleast were in the championship playoffs, Gucci.

Crocodile

That wasn't intentionally a reference, Yatterman Night IS the English name of the series according to Funination

:X

I knew that was the English name but for some reason, with the way you put those 3 recent shows as a forced trilogy, I thought it was a subtle dig to that Batman vs. Superman movie rumors.

Speaking of Avatar, did Korra get a lot better after the 2nd season?

I remember being massively disappointed when
Steve Blum's character had one of the most anticlimactic deaths ever in the first season and I quit watching in the middle of the 2nd season because it was just boring.

The rest of Season 2 was a shit show with the exception of the Wan episodes (which I think I like less now in retrospect).

The third season is good and the villains are badasses but they don't really have much of a motive. Some interesting plotlines are potentially set up.

The fourth season drops all those potential plotlines, spends half the season rebuilding the main character and has a villain with the depth of a thin-crust Pizza Pie. Ending is really the only noteworthy thing about the season and the only thing most people will remember about the show to be frank but it was legit sweet and a good step for minority representation in US TV even if it could have been set up a wee bit better.

I knew that was the English name but for some reason, with the way you put those 3 recent shows as a forced trilogy, I thought it was a subtle dig to that Batman vs. Superman movie rumors.

I kind of view it as Yatterman, Gatchaman, and Casshern are kind of like 3 all time classic anime series from the 70s that all got recent modern remakes, all were featured prominently in that Tatsunoko vs Capcom game and all 3 remakes were wild departures from what their series originally were. But yes looking back at my post compared to that bogus rumor they do line up in a way that resembles that hilarious made up list.

Jarate

Banned
I can't stand watching Avatar, the "humour" is cringe and the animation is incredibly choppy.

I also hate most of the characters in it

I think it gets put up on a pedestal because its practically the only decent western action show in a long time.

I'd take most of the DC cartoons over it any day. Hell if were talking about anime inspired western action shows I'd take Teen Titans way over Avatar.

Raxus

I can't stand watching Avatar, the "humour" is cringe and the animation is incredibly choppy.

I also hate most of the characters in it

I think it gets put up on a pedestal because its practically the only decent western action show in a long time.

I'd take most of the DC cartoons over it any day. Hell if were talking about anime inspired western action shows I'd take Teen Titans way over Avatar.

First season is really rough at points. Studio Mir gets much better and basically are immaculate during Legend of Korra seasons 1,3 and 4.

It took me a while to warm up to the characters as well but they grow on you. If you make it to The Storm and don't like the show after that episode then you might want to hop out.

There are a ton of good western shows

Archer
Bob's Burgers
Adventure Time
Steven Universe (I can't emphasize this one enough)
Regular Show (aka an education on how to avoid half of Off Topic threads posted on GAF)
...etc

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
There are a ton of good western shows

Archer
Bob's Burgers
Adventure Time
Steven Universe (I can't emphasize this one enough)
Regular Show (aka an education on how to avoid half of Off Topic threads posted on GAF)
...etc

I'd also add Gravity Falls and Rick & Morty.
*still waiting for new episodes of both*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom