• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizerman

To this day, I still think that some of the shows on CN Real could've gone to either Nick or Disney. Because at least those channels were never solely cartoon based to begin with.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
True, but they had other channels they owned that were focused on cartoons, like Toon Disney &...I think it's called Nicktoons?

& for some reason, Toon Disney had the Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog at one point, which bummed me out as a kid because I didn't get Dish until I was about 13, way after they stopped airing it. Though thinking it over, ABC had the other Sonic cartoon, which DIsney owns ABC, but then why wasn't the more serious Sonic cartoon on Toon Disney as well?

Puruzi

Banned
the only sonic show I remember watching was Sonic Underground.

I liked it when I was an idiot child, but I think it'd be bad if I watched it now

Crocodile

my hero academia has the best shonen protag ever

the anime has to be perfect

I won't accept any less than perfect

Seems too soon to make that sort of declaration. HOWEVER, Deku up to this point (chapter 76?) is a lot better/more interesting a character than Naruto/Ichigo/Luffy were at this point. At least to me.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
the only sonic show I remember watching was Sonic Underground.

I liked it when I was an idiot child, but I think it'd be bad if I watched it now
I think Fox had it on at like 5 or 6 in the morning when I was a kid/teen, but even back then, I thought it was bad. It was like some awful combination of Adventures of... & SatAM but with "lol Sonic had a bro & sis all this time AND THEY SING A SONG EVERY EPISODE! BECAUSE THEY'RE IN A BAND!!!" I don't think it helped NONE of the characters, save for Sonic & Robotnik, were from the games or comics, so it feels kind of pointless & fanfic-y.

Grexeno

Seems too soon to make that sort of declaration. HOWEVER, Deku up to this point (chapter 76?) is a lot better/more interesting a character than Naruto/Ichigo/Luffy were at this point. At least to me.
If you had to describe My Hero Academia overall up to this point, you could probably say "Naruto, but much better executed."

Grexeno

Sent to both of you
*watches*

hvl9hCA.jpg

Puruzi

Banned

Deku's the best
I think Fox had it on at like 5 or 6 in the morning when I was a kid/teen, but even back then, I thought it was bad. It was like some awful combination of Adventures of... & SatAM but with "lol Sonic had a bro & sis all this time AND THEY SING A SONG EVERY EPISODE! BECAUSE THEY'RE IN A BAND!!!" I don't think it helped NONE of the characters, save for Sonic & Robotnik, were from the games or comics, so it feels kind of pointless & fanfic-y.

I honestly didn't know anything about sonic when I watched it so that might have been why I liked it

I pretty much liked whatever I watched though

Mizerman

I think it was on UPN as well.

ckohler

Speaking of One Piece, I have a confession to make... I've seen a little of the next arc. >.<

I stumbled upon
Perona
and was compelled to learn more about
her

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The next One Piece arc isn't exactly the best in the series, especially in the anime.

But it is definitely the funniest.

Some of the later stuff in the arc is worth the price of admission for the anime version, though.

Also definitely a few classic gif type moments that will be nice to finally get to. :D

Grexeno

Some of the later stuff in the arc is worth the price of admission for the anime version, though.

Also definitely a few classic gif type moments that will be nice to finally get to. :D
Luffy shoving the zombie back into the ground is like, absolutely guaranteed to be a bump.

Moaradin

I'm pretty excited for the next One Piece arc. It's the only one where I haven't seen all of it with the English dub, even though I own the dvds.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Luffy shoving the zombie back into the ground is like, absolutely guaranteed to be a bump.

Been hinting at this for weeks. It's super early in the arc as well.

The next arc gets a bad rap when it was the manga that got kinda slow downed at this point while the anime did a very good job of adapting it. I was hesitant to bring it up but since we're talking about it...

Real ass happenings for the next year of One Piece.

1. Before it even begins we get the Chopperman special. AKA the best special.

2. The outfits in this arc are totally rad. Might reignite the waifu wars with Robin.

3. It's pound for pound the funniest arc in the series. Perona, Sanji's dream being crushed, the return of Sniper King, Skull Jokes, Luffy/Zombie Luffy/Oars, Cindry and her throwing plates.

4. The dub VA choices are incredible. Space Dandy is Brook!

5. Another version of We Are! at the end of the arc.

6. LABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON and other monumental moments at the end of the arc.

7. The two shot filler that immediately follows Thriller Bark is my absolute favorite. Do this complicated treasure hunt or the girl gets it...how about we just smash the place instead?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Soooooo, possible that FUNi's losing FMA in March and/or July. All of it.

Aniplex is going on a greedy rampage this year.
Source? I have a real hard time believing Funimation would let Fullmetal Alchemist or Fairy Tail out of their grasps. And I have an even harder time believing that the involved Japanese companies would view losing both series' respective dubs as a profitable decision.

Grexeno

Source? I have a real hard time believing Funimation would let Fullmetal Alchemist or Fairy Tail out of their grasps. And I have an even harder time believing that the involved Japanese companies would view losing both series' respective dubs as a profitable decision.
You assume Japanese corporate offices care about dubs beyond who's waving the most money to do them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Quick, buy the FMA DVDs & Blu-Rays, available now from your favorite retailer, before they stop printing them & become expensive!

Crocodile

Would they lose the dubs? I mean I know Funimation produced them but I can't imagine Aniplex would be dumb enough to get rid of the dubs or want to pay to redub them. Without dubs the sales potential of those shows plummets in the states and even though FMA is old news now, its not like it can't still move disks or whatever.

TOONAMIGAF, BEST ANIME ON NETFLIX, GO!

Give me a list of what's on there and I'll tell what to watch and what to avoid. Or at least a list of stuff that looks interesting to you at first glance.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TOONAMIGAF, BEST ANIME ON NETFLIX, GO!

Eurkea Seven
All of Canon Original Naruto
FMA, the good one
4/5ths of FMA:Brotherhood
Fate/Zero
Knights of Sidonia
The first 100 episodes of Hunter X Hunter (sub only)
Kill la Kill (sub only)
Soul Eater
The only great Bleach Arc.
Death Note
DRRRRR and its sequel
Tenga Toppa Gurren Laggan
A decent amount of Inuyasha
Morbito
Mushishi
Ouran High School Host Club
The first season of Rurouni Kenshin (but not its amazing dub opening)
The Devil is a Part Timer.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
19d31.png

from Hulu^
Hulu lists all but the first 4 episodes of Brotherhood to be available until August. And the original FMA 2003 is listed as available until at least November. Chances are those other availability dates are just Funimation cycling through episodes as they don't keep them all up at once. And even if we've reached the end of Funimation's liscensing, that doesn't mean they won't renew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom