• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

They kept Samurai Champloo hidden until literally hours before they aired the promo.

I feel like they got away with it because Champloo is sorta-kinda of a rerun? Also because it's a moderately old show.

Granted, the same could be true of AGK's replacement, but on that note I don't think they're likely to use outright reruns before the 3am block anytime soon.

Regiruler

On shows being announced: I really hope they just tell us when Jack is supposed to start by at least a month in advanced. I don't like it being up in the air where it could appear, and having to constantly speculate whether something unknown or jack will take over a slot.

Raxus

Even though Bass is taking a break from ToonamiGAF, he did appear on Blum Room:

XWsCTOG.jpg

Miss you bass.

Plus it is rare for villains to not be the best. They are inherently more interesting.
Deku is...fine? He is a worse version of Gon.
Gon was PRETTY annoying at first until he got tons of development later. Deku at least is a better version of Naruto. We're getting off topic sort of.

Seda

They kept Samurai Champloo hidden until literally hours before they aired the promo.

Well, Samurai Champloo was revealed on 12/13, which was 3 weeks before it aired. I don't think any show announcement has come in with less time than that?

We get a new show in 4 weeks.

(Although marathons have been announced as little as 11 days before ...... I should note these things down.)

Raxus

Well, Samurai Champloo was revealed on 12/13, which was 3 weeks before it aired. I don't think any show announcement has come in with less time than that?

We get a new show in 4 weeks.

(Although marathons have been announced as little as 11 days before ...... I should note these things down.)

New show is Sentai's newest acquisition, ERASED!

In the distance you hear multiple gunshots go off as anime fans die off one by one.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The best shonen protagonist is lil' baby Goku, because he was just a little kid and didn't know any better about anything, and you got to see him grow up and learn and have emotional moments and shit, and a third of the show was everybody trying to not let him destroy the planet accidentally in a way that wasn't his fault.

Tall Goku is basically garbage.

nah, he's alright

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Everyone ready for the long awaited debut of a certain edgy 90's character tonight?

Next week we're going to have the conversation about the many many things the Z Fighters could have done in the time it takes the androids to arrive, including using the magic wishing dragon and/or stopping Dr. Gero with knowledge they already have!

Jarate

Banned
Android saga is BAD

Cell saga completely redeems the android saga.

But you guys do get to see DBZ at its peak in terms of art style and animation. Show looks really fucking good during this era

Ill do Garlic Jr next week I guess, completely forgot about it

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Android saga is BAD

Cell saga completely redeems the android saga.

But you guys do get to see DBZ at its peak in terms of art style and animation. Show looks really fucking good during this era

Ill do Garlic Jr next week I guess, completely forgot about it

I just count them as one long thing.

The only thing that truly bugs me is the lack of explanation about
why the androids are both stronger and less violent in this timeline. Shit doesn't add up.

why the androids are both stronger and less violent in this timeline. Shit doesn't add up.

I always assumed that it was because Android 16 never got activated. Without his influence, 17 and 18 pretty much did what Gero wanted. As for why they're stronger... experience I suppose.

Edit: Also Trunks. He mucked up the time stream.

Jarate

Banned

Trunks fucked with the timeline. Im assuming Gero knows they are still training and getting stronger after Trunks shows up maybe? I think the answer is that Trunks affected the timeline. Also, remember this is a completely different universe then the one in current DBZ so I guess some things tend to be different?

Also, why did trhey never use the Hyperbolic time Chamber when the androids initially showed up?

It's shaping up to be the GOAT of the season. That SAO director and Yuki Kajiura for the OST.

ERASED is pretty damn good so far. If it sticks the landing it might become one of those shows that everyone should watch.

Also, I think everyone just kinda stops talking about power levels in the Android Saga.

Probably because it became too hard to manage.

Also, I really like the upcoming fight between Imperfect Cell and Piccolo.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I always assumed that it was because Android 16 never got activated. Without his influence, 17 and 18 pretty much did what Gero wanted. As for why they're stronger... experience I suppose.

Edit: Also Trunks. He mucked up the time stream.

Well yeah, the literal explanation is that
Trunks showed up. So things are different. They never explain the how and that's what bugs me. Like maybe a very short scene showing one of those spy robbits picking up a piece of Mecha Freiza that brought his scientific knowledge up a peg. Anything.

ERASED is pretty damn good so far. If it sticks the landing it might become one of those shows that everyone should watch.

Also, I think everyone just kinda stops talking about power levels in the Android Saga.

I always felt power levels became irrelevant by the time Frieza was in his final form.

Jarate

Banned

Androids dont have power levels silly

Also, by far the biggest plothole to ever exist is
how the fuck did Dr Gero create robots that were 10X stronger then Frieza? Cell makes a tiny bit of sense because he's made out of other Z warriors, but the Androids were just a terrible idea all around.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I thought power levels became irrelevant by the time Frieza was in his final form.

Nope, the next time power levels actually become anything close to irrelevant is
the end of the Buu Saga, because Buu is magic and some of the Z Fighters are super crazy strong because reasons.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Androids dont have power levels silly

Also, by far the biggest plothole to ever exist is
how the fuck did Dr Gero create robots that were 10X stronger then Frieza? Cell makes a tiny bit of sense because he's made out of other Z warriors, but the Androids were just a terrible idea all around.

Comic book level super science. I mean, Bulma's dad made a functional spaceship out of some spare parts and a look a Goku's pod in a few weeks. That never really bothered me that much.

Jarate

Banned
Comic book level super science. I mean, Bulma's dad made a functional spaceship out of some spare parts and a look a Goku's pod in a few weeks. That never really bothered me that much.
Look, I can understand space travel in a sense because they reverse engineered a spaceship, it makes sense, there's something to go back on.

This doesnt excuse the fact that Gero created a robot that literally was the most powerful being in the universe by an absolute huge amount (not counting the gods). Like it's not even close. Why didnt frieza use his super sciences to build a robot then?
The only thing more powerful in terms of DBZ villains then the androids was Cell which was a nice use of YEAH YOU FOUGHT THE STRONGEST THE UNIVERSE HAS TO OFFER, HERE FUCK WITH YOURSELF NOW and Buu who was basically nearly on God level.

This is more ridiculous the Tony Stark making his Iron Man suit in a cave. Luckil;y it's DBZ so i dont get my panties in a bunch in a series that was always meant to be silly and lighthearted, but that's some shit ass power level bullshit right there.
Also, I want to make mention that canonically, the Kamehameha wave is literally the most powerful energy beam attack in the entire universe. It's so powerful that even Majin Buu feels the needs to copy it in child form.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Freiza was pretty hung up on being the most powerful being in the universe so he'd never think to try and make an even more powerful robbit.

Seda

Everyone ready for the long awaited debut of a certain edgy 90's character tonight?

Next week we're going to have the conversation about the many many things the Z Fighters could have done in the time it takes the androids to arrive, including using the magic wishing dragon and/or stopping Dr. Gero with knowledge they already have!

I'm pretty sure they explicitly don't use the dragon balls because they want to test their limits lol

Jarate

Banned
Freiza was pretty hung up on being the most powerful being in the universe so he'd never think to try and make an even more powerful robbit.

Im just saiyan, we're getting into Universe tier power levels, and none of the galactic empires that faced against frieza had the technological capabilities to beat him. And even if we delve into non-canon territory (although this is probably the best non-canon arc to ever exist) The androids are pretty much stronger then every being to ever exist if we go by the Kai tournament with Pikkon

I'm pretty sure they explicitly don't use the dragon balls because they want to test their limits lol

Yeah, pretty much, Goku wouldnt want to wish them away, and Vegeta wouldnt want to wish them away. And pretty much everyone in existence is like, im putting all money on Goku

tbh it hasnt failed them yet!

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Yes,
Goku tells Bulma not to do anything like that in a Luffy-esque moment. He has a few of these after turning SSJ. He probably could have beaten Perfect Cell, he probably could have beaten Buu, he definitely could have beaten Majin Vegeta quicker.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yes,
Goku tells Bulma not to do anything like that in a Luffy-esque moment. He has a few of these after turning SSJ. He probably could have beaten Perfect Cell, he probably could have beaten Buu, he definitely could have beaten Majin Vegeta quicker.

He definitely
could have beaten Buu, he just plays around with his food too much

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Im just saiyan, we're getting into Universe tier power levels, and none of the galactic empires that faced against frieza had the technological capabilities to beat him. And even if we delve into non-canon territory (although this is probably the best non-canon arc to ever exist) The androids are pretty much stronger then every being to ever exist if we go by the Kai tournament with Pikkon

Pikkon is HELLA strong though. There's a couple of dead ass dead people in that filler that are about as strong as Goku, who when dead was waay stronger than the Androids. Hell Pikkon goes to Hell and one shots Super Perfect Cell.

Pikkon is non-canon™ and movie canon.™

Jarate

Banned
Which buu fight we talking about, his fight against chubby buu was kind of him getting shit on by time for being too powerful and distorting spacetime somehow

Perfect Cell he legitmately lost too, unless he abused Senzu Beans, and why do that when you have Super Mega Gohan.

Jarate

Banned
Pikkon deserves to be Canon, he's probably the coolest non-canon dbz character in existence.

That arc also confused the shit out of people because Goku used Super Saiyan + Kayoken attack, and people were like WTF why didnt he use this before or after?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Which buu fight we talking about, his fight against chubby buu was kind of him getting shit on by time for being too powerful and distorting spacetime somehow

Perfect Cell he legitmately lost too, unless he abused Senzu Beans, and why do that when you have Super Mega Gohan.

He's so close to beating Perfect Cell that one wonders if he didn't just say that he couldn't beat him and wanted to see his boy shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom