• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Samurai_Champloo01-04.gif

Fun Fact: I still remember when this show first premiered in Japan. Understandably the hype was high but legal streaming wasn't a thing yet. So people in Japan saw the show and all people got in the West were some random gifs for a couple of days. Everybody saw the above and cried "Anime is DEAD!" and "Watanabe has forsaken us!". I was pretty funny until the actual episode got fsubbed and people over here could have the full context. :p

This still happens even with simulcasting and everything. Just at a much faster and more outraged pace lol

I'm just sitting here, laughing at the thought of how people were momentarily happy because of Samurai Champloo just to be brought down by Naruto.

It's kind of amazing.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm just sitting here, laughing at the thought of how people were momentarily happy because of Samurai Champloo just to brought down by Naruto.

It's kind of amazing.

And it's gonna get worse because One Piece fffffffffffffffffffffffiller.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Fun fact, the last episode of the month (the 30th) will be the last episode that aired on Disney XD. Starting in February we're getting new-to-TV Shippuden. Unless you count Neon Alley for some reason.

Batman is a ninja right?

Nah, he's a scientist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom